State Governor mandates snorkels...

Tools    

State Governor Mandates Everyone Wear Snorkels In Case They Fall In A Pool

U.S.—As governors clamor to follow the ways of SCIENCE and save lives in their state, one state governor has read some very scary statistics from SCIENCE and decided to go the extra mile to protect the safety of his citizens. "Starting today," he said, "All citizens of my state will be required to wear a snorkel at all times, both indoors and out. This will prevent thousands of tragic deaths resulting from people falling in their backyard pools. SCIENCE says we must do this."
Every person in the state will be required to wear a snorkel, preferably paired with goggles, 24 hours a day. When pressed as to why they were necessary indoors, the governor replied, "Hello! Sinks? Bathtubs? Showers? There are water hazards everywhere inside the house! We can't be too careful! SCIENCE!"

According to the order, anyone caught without a snorkel will be required to pay a $15,000 fine or face 8 years of jail time. Second offenders will be shot on sight. "We must do this to save lives and obey SCIENCE!! We are in this together," the state governor exclaimed before tripping on a microphone cord and falling headfirst into the press pool.

[The Babylon Bee]

Yeah I remember just the other day I accidentally sneezed a pool on someone and had some pool on my hands and the pool transferred to a door knob and then killed a guy.

Sounds like a great spoof for MAD Magazine.
That's true. Mad and The Babylon Bee do have some similarities in types of subject matter. I started reading Mad in the 1950s. Just noticed the "Bee" this year. It's a nice companion to The Onion. They help keep one's sanity in these ridiculous times..

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
That's true. Mad and The Babylon Bee do have some similarities in types of subject matter. I started reading Mad in the 1950s. Just noticed the "Bee" this year. It's a nice companion to The Onion. They help keep one's sanity in these ridiculous times..
I've recently started a subscription to MAD Magazine to add some silliness to my days. The magazine has added old material mixed with new. It's ok to me because I haven't seen much of the old stuff anyway. Are you put off by the inclusion of old material?

I've recently started a subscription to MAD Magazine to add some silliness to my days. The magazine has added old material mixed with new. It's ok to me because I haven't seen much of the old stuff anyway. Are you put off by the inclusion of old material?
Oh no, I wouldn't be put off because some of the old material was a riot. I actually haven't bought a copy in years. As a kid I got my mom to subscribe to it for me when it was still a comic book. Then after a few years it went to a magazine format. For a brief period the publication was smaller in size-- like 8" X 6", or something like that. They had some of the best cartoonists in the business working for them.