Movie where grandfather cuts down billboards?

Tools    

Trying to remember the name of a movie perhaps 80s or 90s with a Hispanic family where the grandfather (or father) keeps cutting down billboards.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Trying to remember the name of a movie perhaps 80s or 90s with a Hispanic family where the grandfather (or father) keeps cutting down billboards.

I don't know if this will help you, but this is a list of IMDB's movies (and TV shows) with the keyword "billboard":

IMDB's "billboard" movies

And this is that same list, but it only includes movies dated between 1980 through 2000:

1980 through 2000 "billboard" movies

Thanks but no luck on that search. No, I don't remember anything else about the movie other than we thought it was a good one.

I keep opening this thread wanting to say it might be the little-known Indie hit Absolutely No Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri but thus far I've been really good and refrained

Ok ..... I had been good up 'til now

Best wishes for the search.

Thanks but no luck on that search. No, I don't remember anything else about the movie other than we thought it was a good one.
Cutting them down with an axe? Chainsaw?

My wife remembers that he was burning the billboards down.

My wife remembers that he was burning the billboards down.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101622/

From an article about the film:

In Crazy From The Heart, Alcira is a lawyer and the daughter of Ernesto who is the newly hired janitor at a high school in Tidewater, a small town in Texas. Alcira is a third generation Mexican. Her grandfather burns down billboards that advertise Sidewinder Beer with derogatory images of Mexicans.
Here's a clip:

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That's it... Whew the internet knows everything! Thanks