Primal (Nicolas Cage)

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Nic Cage takes on both a political assassin and a deadly white jaguar in his next film, coming in November

Welcome to the human race...
The hell you say, Mandy was the first legit good film he's done in about a decade.

That being said, this looks like it's going to be pretty decent by late-Cage standards.

The hell you say, Mandy was the first legit good film he's done in about a decade.
Mandy is an instant classic IMO for grindhouse fanatics. This looks good and I've been waiting to see Cage do fistacuffs again. He showed some decent prowess in Con-Air and I'm anticipating both this and (and I may get it for this) Jiu Jitsu.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Sad to think about this, I love Nic Cage.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
YMMV on what his previous good film was, I guess. Looking over his filmography, I'd skipped over Joe (which is decent) but my first thought for his previous good film was Bad Lieutenant.

I'm not surprised with the action as the film was directed by Nick Powell, who is best known for his fight choreography on The Bourne Identity and is a well respected member of the stunt industry. This is Powell's 2nd film, his first film as director was another film with Nic Cage, 2014's Outcast.

Cage will eventually make a comeback, much like Eddie Murphy is enjoying a comeback right now with Dolemite Is My Name.

I'm not sure if this is THE movie that will be his comeback, but we'll see.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Cage will eventually make a comeback, much like Eddie Murphy is enjoying a comeback right now with Dolemite Is My Name.
People at the Toronto Film Festival raved about Cage in The Color Out of Space, based on HP Lovecraft's story, so it's possible THAT could be his comeback.