Films You Like To Hate!

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
OK This should spark some sort of debate. Instead of posting the films you like, post the films you like to hate.

Three at a time?

<1> Harry Potter

Why oh why is this film so appealing to everyone? It is so bad. I have watched it 3 times to try and get some kind of understanding to why people like it but I'm left feeling totally patronised and bored. Whoever said this was for kids and adults was wrong.

<2> Harry Potter 2

Same as <1>. (Why is everyone happy to see Hagrid?? Only the three kids know him!! Also exams cancelled? What kind of school is that?)

> XXX

A bad 007 rip off.

A novel adaptation.
I don't think you'll get any argument about the third one, at least not from me. But I have to disagree about the other two. You see, Harry Potter movies are arguably childrens movies. Much like the way I'd probably give a bad review to a movie produced for the Aryan Nation, it's not all that fitting to claim a movie that might be good is in fact bad simply because it's intended audience was a slim, and if you're not part of it, mostly unrelatable demographic.
At least not in a universally generalised manner. I guess I feel, that unless it's all started with "Well, I think..." or "My opinion of it was..." then these sorts of films should be judged mainly on production value. In that sense, from most eyes, the Harry Potter movies were a great sucess.

1. Fargo - I just don't get it. It's not funny, it's not exciting, it's not interesting... What it is? A Piece of crap. Of course, that's only my opinion.

2. Jaws 3-D - My least favorite sequel of all time. Spielberg deserved better than to have his great Jaws tainted by this, as well as the fourth one. Yuck.

3. Leonard part 6 - Bill Cosby CAN do good cinema. I know it! He just has real lousy judgement when it comes to picking which movies to do. This movie blew in every way imaginable.

Maybe I didn't make it as clear as I should of at the beginning! I suppose I should of used 'i think' and whatever but I meant debate so it's ok. Although I thought that using such language as 'good' and 'bad' described such a personal opinion.

Anyway

In regard to children - yes it's about them because they are childrens films. However I just don't see the appeal they have for adults. This is only an opinion and open to receive argument but I feel cheated when watching the movies. I feel that the kids are being cheated out of a potentially good movie. This opinion isn't demographically recognised I know, due to it's success but I can't help but feel that the films seem somewhat rushed and rougth.

I just think...that too many people give these films such a 'classic' rating and it's totally unknown if they'll stand the test of time. Do you really think we'll talk about Harry Potter in ten years time? Does this even matter? No.

Therefore.

I hate Harry Potter.

My life isn't written very well.
The Harry Potter films were very good, entertaining at least.

Perhaps miniontv you are maturing in your movie preferences, and rebelling against what you think are "kiddie" films; an R rating does not an adult make.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

No.....I like all kinds of films. That's why I watched the Potter movies. I usually watch any movie I can get hold of be it of any rating. I just didn't click with them. Rating is of no preference to me.

Three movies that most people like/love but I hate are:

1. Liar, Liar
2. The Phantom Menace
3. Independence Day

On the other hand, three movies that I like a lot but most people hate:

1. Dick
2. Robin Hood: Men in Tights
3. Goldmember
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

1) XXX
2) Scorpion King
3) Moulin Rouge

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...
1. Y Tu Mama Tambien
2. XXX
3. Moulin Rouge

It's good to see someone else that didn't like Moulin Rouge Caitlyn.

oh man i hate that harry potter crap--im going to build a time machine and go back in time to kill j.k rowling--she's monopolized the whole child wizard concept.i read a couple of pages of that trash, just didnt appeal to me
moulin rouge
shooting fish
scooby-doo

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by Mr.Nemesis
im going to build a time machine and go back in time to kill j.k rowling--
Wow. You sir, are INSANE.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Hackers
Resident Evil

put in the movies that you are proud of hating.
Charlie and the chocolate factory! i hate that movie it ripped off the original one which wasn't that good anyway.

agreed on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - remake was lame!

I Am Legend. I could hate on this one for days!

I love to hate A.I. Artificial Intelligence. If I had wanted to see a pretentious, hamhanded, 2 1/2 hour remake of Pinocchio I would have gone to the local puppet theater.

oh THANK GOD someone agrees with me about that movie. Its one of the reasons I'm hesitant to watch WALL.E.

I saw WALL.E the other day and it is miles and miles above A.I. I loved it! You should definitely give it a go.

Welcome to the human race...
There's a handful, sure, but I think I'm going to go with Knocked Up. Overly long running time, unfunny jokes, too melodramatic (especially during the second half or so) and the characters were irritating.

Honourable mention must go to Ghostbusters.