Memento
11.36%
5 votes
The Prestige
0%
0 votes
Insomnia
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

with all the talk of Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises on here, what do you think is Nolan's Best work so far?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Inceptin all the way.

Memento. Frame by frame it's a perfectly crafted film. Dark Knight is not that far behind though.

I'll go with The Dark Knight because it is my favorite superhero movie by far. His other movies, as good as they may be, are still not the best in their respective genres. Having said that, I'd rather see him make movies like Following, Memento and Insomnia than Inception and TDK.

I concur with you, lines. The Prestige is the best, followed by Memento. I used to think The Dark Knight was far and away his best, but I don't think it holds up that well to re-watches.

Oohh, Memento and Dark Knight are tied right now. Just as I expected. I've seen The Dark Knight about 10 times and I still think it holds up well. I do think that there were more anti climaxes than there should have been but that's minor criticism compared to just how well it's made. Every other aspect is just spot on for me.

The Prestige is slightly just behind Dark Knight for me, as fantastic as that film is. I'm gonna have to think long and hard about this poll because with the exception of Memento and Batman Begins i'm not 100% sure where his films fit as far as a best to 'worst' list goes.

Following would be after The Prestige, I think.

To be honest, mate, I think I detected some minor plot issues in my last re-watch. I remember thinking during that party that Bruce Wayne threw for Harvey and where the Joker showed up: "this isn't quite right". I can't pinpoint what it was, but I distinctly remember something didn't feel right to me.

i was a hairs breath away from choosing The Following. but it's shite in comparison to the brilliance that is Memento.
Following makes a great blue print for Memento. Basically everything Following does right, Memento amplies and does much much better, and with a painful emotional core to it. It's also got none of the weaknesses that Following has. That said, I LOVE Following and find it's limited production values very charming. It's such an enjoyable and beautiful film to watch. I think Shooting on 16mm definitely gives it that student film like charm to it and it really would have been a lesser film had it not been shot in black and white, which was only shot that way to disguise the weak production design.

To be honest, mate, I think I detected some minor plot issues in my last re-watch. I remember thinking during that party that Bruce Wayne threw for Harvey and where the Joker showed up: "this isn't quite right". I can't pinpoint what it was, but I distinctly remember something didn't feel right to me.
Hmm, it could just be that it appears a bit more contrived the last time you watched it, which is understandable. I will check it out again sometime in the near future, but I would rather watch it on the IMAX screen at the BFI which they show every year now. It's just not the same on the small screen.

I picked Memento, which is definitely his most solid film. TDK maybe much more spectacular and have some fantastic moments and be one the best Blockbusters of recent years but some bits still feel lumpy like the soundwave vision thing which found rather awkward. Begins, needs a rewatch, but remember it as a bit uneven in terms of pacing but then most origin stories are. The Prestige never really did anything for me but, again, that's due a rewatch. Inception is great for what it stands for and accomplished but I wouldn't hesitate to call it one the most overrated films of last few years. Insomnia had some great performances and, if i'm being objective, is the closest to 2nd place but Memento is a more challenging and daring movie.