Cruel intentions thread

→ in
Tools    

I remember very well i ve seen this movie back in 2000 on tv, i was 14 years old who wasn t supposed to be watching such material but i was drawn from the first minute, sarah michelle gellar was such a hot femme fatale here, i guess she was born to play that role, she was as evil as it can be, i really how the plot is build up and the dialogue is what kept me interested throughout.
On the other hand ryan philipe was on the rise back in the late 90s with cool roles where he turned up alright in a couple of them.
While this movie shows u the sadness of loss and betrayal it leaves with that empty feeling that u can t trust anyone but yourself and when love is involved it is nail biting and regret to no extent and with no limit to what sadness comes up from it, this movie was a definite nc 17 to me for the material at hand.
Anw i really liked the direction here and the music used, the intro sequence is a lovely one a major recommendation to who haven t seen this.

This was a 'hot' movie, gave it 8/10 back in '99. And it's somewhere on my 90's top 100 as well. Also try Wild Things '98 rambond, another great hot thriller

I remember watching Cruel Intentions way back when it was new out on video and just felt it was decent but nothing more than that. It didn't have the same dramatic gravatas nor was as good as Dangerous Liasons had been an adaptation of the same source material.

CI was a definite product of it's time; an effort to capitalise on what was in vogue back then - one of a whole raft of films that were effectively teen versions of literary classics, just like what 10 Things I Hate About You was Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew, or Clueless was an adaptation of Austen's Emma, but there were loads of them. And at the risk of being harsh, felt both of those films I've cited were better teen adaptions of their source materials than what CI had been. Only ever sat through CI the once though and that was all those many years ago so perhaps one that will need to revisit.

Wild Things, I remember that was smokin'! Haven't sat through that in must be close to 20 years either, so likewise would be interested in revisting this also. Maybe make for a decent double feature at some point if/when can track them down.

Never seen this movie & am gonna put it in my Netflix Q.