What do you think of The Accountant (2016)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I thought it was kind of good, kind of not. I thought the whole autism element of the story was just shoehorned in and not really much was done with it. It's as if a new writer came on board and threw that in after a lot of the action/spy story was already written, and just felt tacked on perhaps.

But what do you think?

I didn't like it I think it was predictable, poorly acted, overly dramatic, and I didn't get why they made him autistic, it didn't really have anything to do with anything and was just put in so people would talk about it.

This might just do nobody any good.
WARNING: spoilers below
I saw a bit of it on tv some time ago. I guess the best part about it is that you joke that The Punisher is Batman’s brother.

Decent. Nothing special. Just wasn't gripping enough. The plot was just too convenient.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well I talked to a friend about the movie, and he says I have it all wrong. I don't like it because I felt the autism was randomly shoehorned in at the last minute and didn't have anything to do with the main spy plot.

But he says that's what makes the movie progressive, is that it's unlike other movies about autistic characters, this one didn't need to make a theme out of it, and it was allowed to be part of a thriller plot without needing to make a thematic statement about it. Does he have a point and the movie is more progressive in that way?