Twister being reboot could other natural disaster movies follow?

Tools    

I’ve noticed Universal wants to reboot Twister that started Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton back in the late 90’s I was wondering since their really haven’t been any great natural disaster movies since Twister or even the Day After Tomorrow in my opinion in the early 2000’s well 2012 with John Cusack was pretty good too do you think Universal could reboot Earthquake or even Backdraft? JJ Abrams tried rebooting Earthquake with Dustin Lance Black writing the script but I understand it didn’t work out not sure why. Do you think we will see a comeback of natural disaster movies since they are rebooting Twister?

I'd like to see another "Twister" type movie, as long as it was a good story as well. The CGI they can do today would make it pretty real. IMO something with a Mark Wahlberg type character would be good.

OTOH I live in hurricane/tornado land, so I could probably just walk outside, take a seat and wait...

I’ve noticed Universal wants to reboot Twister that started Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton back in the late 90’s I was wondering since their really haven’t been any great natural disaster movies since Twister or even the Day After Tomorrow in my opinion in the early 2000’s well 2012 with John Cusack was pretty good too do you think Universal could reboot Earthquake or even Backdraft? JJ Abrams tried rebooting Earthquake with Dustin Lance Black writing the script but I understand it didn’t work out not sure why. Do you think we will see a comeback of natural disaster movies since they are rebooting Twister?

I would love to see a reboot of Earthquake. I actually miss the whole genre of disaster movies

Earthquake's been done a couple times already with 2012 and San Andreas.

If they're redoing Twister, they'll probably cast The Rock.

I'd like to see Emmerich make a comeback though, but make sure he's not given an unlimited budget.
He's one of a handful of directors who gets worse the bigger his budget is.

Emmerich doing a Twister movie would be pretty cool.

Addition... this sounds like Hollywood redoing already successful movies though.

They really need to remake movies with good premises, but were either badly executed, or did badly at the box office.

I'd looove to see Waterworld get redone.
Use the original script, and don't cut corners and leave most of the script on the cutting room floor.
Waterworld had tons of stuff to it, but the budget went massively over, before they were even 1/4 of the way through filming so most of the script was chucked out and/or streamlined...

As for other disaster movies... not sure how far you could take them in new directions.

There's only so far you can go with volcanoes for instance... Dante's Peak and Volcano in the late 90s pretty much did it already.

Earthquakes? Been done to death too.

Maybe another shipwreck movie... but, where else can those go that hasn't already been done with Poseidons's's's's and TItanicss's'ss''s'ss's's that we've seen many a time before.

Comets and Meteors? Again, done to death already and most of the directions they can take has been done... and there's another meteor movie coming out this year too. Think it's got Gerard Butler or Dougray Scott in it.

Might be nice to see something not done much like Waterworld... or a derivative like a massive flood of some kind.
Maybe a Waterworld prequel and then do a full-on remake of Waterworld using that original script.