THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

better than mine!!

Thank you but it's not at the level that I want it to be. I sometimes have to write a sentence over and over again until I feel like it makes sense or sounds right. Sometimes I refrain from saying anything at all because I feel like I can't express myself accurately. That can be frustrating.

Thank you but it's not at the level that I want it to be. I sometimes have to write a sentence over and over again until I feel like it makes sense or sounds right. Sometimes I refrain from saying anything at all because I feel like I can't express myself accurately. That can be frustrating.
I know that feeling

Your English is much better than that of some of the people that post here from English speaking countries. ***coughcoughnedstark09coughcough*** Also, struggling to accurately express yourself in text and rewriting sentences is something a lot of us probably struggle with. I know I do.

I think you're doing very well.

Master of My Domain
Captain Spaulding is master in that department.

nope.... watching a show live and on youtube is far from being the same thing... I cannot wait for Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rammstein and Billy Talent this summer. It's gonna be so freakin awesome.
Rammstein are absolutely ace live, lots and lots of lovely fire to augment the music - soooo glad Till decided not to hang up his boots yet like he was thinking about. Enjoy!!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Live music sucks. There'. I said it.
Most live music sucks.. But not the ones I see - Eagles, Neil Young, Steely Dan (just last summer), but I do know in a few years, all the concerts will be junk as the greats are already dead, dying, or retiring.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Small intimate venues packed with fans > Large arenas packed with idiots.

Most live music can at least be an entertaining experience, even if the music is not so good. My city has an arena that's the strangest shape imaginable and thus has the worst acoustics possible essentially. We've had bands skip us entirely and play every other venue around us for this reason, and whenever a band does play here, there are always complaints about acoustics and feedback. But being in a small smoky club with a hundred other people who also love that band, is a one of a kind experience.

Most live music sucks.. But not the ones I see - Eagles, Neil Young, Steely Dan (just last summer), but I do know in a few years, all the concerts will be junk as the greats are already dead, dying, or retiring.
I feel very sorry for you, Matt.

Honestly so do I. There's so much great new music, Matt. You're just probably listening to the wrong stuff.

Or maybe you just don't want to find great new music. Maybe you're one of those people who say things like "I was born in the wrong decade! I wish I could go back to when music was actually good!"

Matt is one of the guys who believes electronic music is just pressing a button. Like, there's a magic electronic music button out there that you press and it plays a new electronic song each time. And obviously, this button comes in all different styles. You can even get one custom made!

But yeah, no talent or something.

My favorite band is from the 90s. Bush.

But they got back together a few years ago and I was able to see them in concert.
It was great! They're coming to baltimore soon but I didn't buy a ticket.

It's at pier 6 - an outdoor city venue - so I may take my dog down to baltimore and listen from across the block

I can rock out with Vladimir instead of strangers.
I can't see Gavin sing but I felt super awkward last time we made eye contact and then I think he avoided me when he went into the crowd

I had posted on his facebook wall that he was mispronouncing respite in a song and then he changed his entire facebook so nobody could ever post on it again. Is it crazy to think he recognized me, i felt like he did. obviously i bothered him enough to stop interacting with his fans on facebook.

Matt is one of the guys who believes electronic music is just pressing a button. Like, there's a magic electronic music button out there that you press and it plays a new electronic song each time. And obviously, this button comes in all different styles. You can even get one custom made!

I know a guy who really loves electronic music. Someone once told him something like what you just said. That electronic music requires no talent. They got into a physical fight over it.

I know a guy who really loves electronic music. Someone once told him something like what you just said. That electronic music requires no talent. They got into a physical fight over it.

The machine does not play itself Alot of folks need to realize with electronica, it actually makes it much harder to learn and master because of so many options.

Got The Witch on blu-ray and it has a commentary by Robert Eggers. Awwwww yeah.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I saw over 50 bands/artists that I love since 2000 - I didn't have much to do with when I was born... I've heard a ton of stuff, it's awful, why would I keep banging my head with a hammer when I'm constantly finding great 60s and 70s, and I can't deal with fake drums, or pro-toolz, or auto-tune, no way, makes me want the Earth to explode sometimes and hope the new organisms have no idea what they are.

It's fine if your not into certain kinds of music Matt, my problem is you make modern music or any music using electronics/computers seem somehow inferior to music of the past when such a notion is absolutely ridiculous. What's even worse is the idea that it's talentless. I still haven't seen you make a song using a DAW and only the plug-ins of a DAW, and have it be anything worthwhile. Make an electronic song as good as Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada or Autechre. Then you can rag on their music. Of course, you will never be able to because they are musical geniuses.