Earliest Examples of Mumblecore Movies?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
It's characterized by naturalistic acting and dialogue (sometimes improvised), low-budget film production, an emphasis on dialogue.

John Cassavetes is the first director I thought about, especially "Minnie and Moskowitz" and probably all his 70s stuff, but also Vincent Gallo's "Buffalo '66", where you have Ben Gazzarra playing the father, who was part of the Cassavetes troupe, which is why I think Vincent Gallo got him on board.

It's characterized by naturalistic acting and dialogue (sometimes improvised), low-budget film production, an emphasis on dialogue.

John Cassavetes is the first director I thought about, especially "Minnie and Moskowitz" and probably all his 70s stuff, but also Vincent Gallo's "Buffalo '66", where you have Ben Gazzarra playing the father, who was part of the Cassavetes troupe, which is why I think Vincent Gallo got him on board.
Would a synonym also be "neo-realism"? (A term often used for Cassavetes films.)

An essential element of mumblecore is to deliver all of the lines like questions? But they're not really questions? Just accentuating the uncertainty, kinda? Of the characters? Like they're lost in life? Aimless? Just trying to figure it out? Maybe there'll be answers? If we keep talking like questions?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
David Ball's Honey (1999) is said to be one of the first.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Would a synonym also be "neo-realism"? (A term often used for Cassavetes films.)

Perhaps, but I think some would think of 1940s Italian neo-realism by Vittorio De Sica, Luchino Visconti, Rosselini, etc...