Have you ever been hypnotized?

Tools    

Nope and I had/have free access to go under because a relative was a hypnotherapist and psychotherapist, retired now. And I mean the real stuff not that 'stage hypnosis you are going to act like a chicken when you wake up' rubbish.

I like control of my mind and don't want it in the hands of someone else if I can help it.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Yes. I won't say what for but basically I sat in a chair and listened to someone talk for 45 minutes, but it only felt like about 15.

I never felt like I was actually hypnotised or that I'd changed in any way, but since then I can see a difference to how I was before, so I guess it must have done something.

No magic or hocus pocus, just a professional who understood how the subconscious works I guess.

I have, quite a few times. Now I even listen to a hypnotherapy CD about sport.

My uncle's a hypnotist... Who has never inappropriately touched me.

*It's a Stewart Francis line, I'm merely borrowing it*

Most people are hypnotized to some degree.
You have to expand on this mate? lol! Are you stoned now...lol!

I'm interested in all replies, but I'm especially interested in anyone who's literally been made to do things they otherwise wouldn't. I'm generally quite skeptical of such things, but it seems like a fair number of people swear it's happened to them, so I was wondering if anyone who I know a little through this site and mainly trust not to exaggerate could say the same.

I'm interested in all replies, but I'm especially interested in anyone who's literally been made to do things they otherwise wouldn't. I'm generally quite skeptical of such things, but it seems like a fair number of people swear it's happened to them, so I was wondering if anyone who I know a little through this site and mainly trust not to exaggerate could say the same.
What Ash Lee said... the subconscious is a powerful thing. More powerful than most people believe, mind you, not everyone can be hypnotised.

I'm generally quite skeptical of such things, but it seems like a fair number of people swear it's happened to them, so I was wondering if anyone who I know a little through this site and mainly trust not to exaggerate could say the same.
So you want people who have been through 'stage hypnosis'? Not hypnotherapy as it would be illegal for them to make someone do something against their will/make them do things while under hypnosis that they don't know about. By all means be skeptical about stage hypnosis but hypnotherapy does work(but as pointed out by Powderfinger, it doesn't work on everyone).

PF, if you don't have any input on the topic other than "lol" and lame jokes, perhaps you should quietly self-medicate elsewhere and leave this thread to more sincere and sober posters.

^ actually I'm PF rather than PW..mate... Stoners, well everyone is entitled with bad habits, though magistrates would not be pleased.

^ Too bad, it's like a sporting metaphor. I will take my bat and ball and go home.

Semper Fooey
I had a friend who went to the show of some celebrity hypnotist at the time, Pat something, i think. And they picked four or fiver people including him and he said the others did weird things but he just laughed so she left him alone. that's what he told me. I wasn't there. I think it is generally thought some people are more susceptible to hypnotism than others, but even under hypnosis you can't do something against your will like murder.

but even under hypnosis you can't do something against your will like murder.
As an Old Man, you're pretty smart...and a Scorpio to add to it..lol!

Semper Fooey
It was Pat Collins. She was all over the TV in the seventies. She was good looking and always picking people out of the audience and make them do weird things.

http://www.hypnosisinmedia.com/blog/...tist%E2%80%9D/

When shooting the episode of “The Lucy Show” Lucy, hypnotized, originally responded to Pat’s query of who she was by saying something to the effect that she was Lucile Ball and she owned this show. Pat had to apply some creative suggestions to get Lucy to act in character under hypnosis to procede with taping.

Unless I'm mistaken, the sleeping aid Ambien has been classified as a hypnotic. I can speek from experience, that is a very reasonable word for the way it made me feel.

Lately I've been taking benadryl for sleep, it's a miracle drug just like asparin, you simply take it before you go to bed, if you can only sleep six hours or so, only take one.

But have I ever really been 'hypnotized'? Hell know, or atleast not that I know of. But if you mean like the mall zombies in Day of the Dead, we all are to a degree.