Blind in Time: A film what I made

Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.

Blind in Time
(I don't know if this goes in this forum or not, but I thought it would be a bit presumptuous to put it in on of the more Movie related sub forums. Also if anyone here goes to the UK Empire Magazine forums, I am Hoodman, I've not just stolen somebody's work, I just want to get as much feedback as possible from different sites, and if I'm honest, to get my stuff out in the open).

Anyway, this is my second year major project for my course Film and Video Production (studying at a University in Cardiff called the Atrium), and it was made by myself and a few other members on my course. Like most projects we all dabbled in every stage of production, but I mostly directed (co-directed with my mate Rob) and editted (with my mate Sophie), and as a group we all contributed to developing the ideas of the film. Scriptwriting and producing was taken up by the remaining 3 members.
The actor playing Isaac is a good friend of mine (Liam) from uni, and the actress playing Becca is a mate of his. The doctor is a (pretty bad) cameo by me (like most student films we ran out of actors, and having a beard at the time made me look a lot older than everyone else... apparently).

Anyway, the story is basically about a guy called Isaac, a migraine sufferer who experiences visions of time being distorted all around him whenever he has a headache, causing the world around him to stop or speed up dramatically. Throughout the course of the film we discover the cause of these visions, and find out the truth about what's really going on in Isaacs world.

...that makes it sound a lot more pretentious than I intended, but I suck at writing synopses.

Ayway, here's the link to the film;

It's under ten minutes in length, so if you have time to watch it please leave comments (either here or preferably on youtube if you have an account), and any constructive criticisms you may have. I'm used to lecturers tearing my work apart so although my ego still struggles to accept criticism I'm hopefully mature enough to listen to it and, hopefully, learn from it (not sure if that sentence contradicts itself or not ).

p.s. Although we got a high mark for this piece (75%) I'm still not 100% pleased with the sound. Watching it back today I thought about tinkering with certain scenes, such as the time skipping by the road early in the film I though about adding a sound like quiet electrical disturbance sounds (I know what I mean, even if I'm not conveying it very well ), and almost immediately after that there should be a sound of a lift door opening. The echoeing in the doctors office is just dreadful, but we were too rushed to do anything about it unfortunately.

I've kinda lost the will to do anything else with it now though, since it's been marked and everything. If I don't leave it be I'll never be pleased with it.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Anyway, the story is basically about a guy called Isaac, a migraine sufferer who experiences visions of time being distorted all around him whenever he has a headache, causing the world around him to stop or speed up dramatically. Throughout the course of the film we discover the cause of these visions, and find out the truth about what's really going on in Isaacs world.

You're making a movie about my life story?!

I love it!

And I love that you even found an actor (guy in the yellow shirt?) who looks like a younger version of me.

This is incredible!

I give you permission to make the sequel where I lose the psychic visions and can't find out the truth as to why... but I still gotta find out why, first, then you can start the script.

There are those who call me...Tim.

You're making a movie about my life story?!

I love it!

And I love that you even found an actor (guy in the yellow shirt?) who looks like a younger version of me.

This is incredible!

I give you permission to make the sequel where I lose the psychic visions and can't find out the truth as to why... but I still gotta find out why, first, then you can start the script.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I look forward to hearing how the story ends