I'm going to Spain
Cousin Norman had a real fine time last year
They say it doesn't rain
I hope I can quickly learn the language-eh

Freedom for Tooting!!

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Barcelona is in Spain, Ridiculo.
yeah and people like you reduce the territory of Indians/Native Americans every year (what would please Caitlyn by the way - and she's a woman, so you have to like her) and you just suck. i prefer to be what you call ridículo (like the Galician Criss and the Irish Tacitus) and speak all the languages i do than being a f.ucking ignorant yank like you that doesn't know what language family Emilian belongs to.
plus i am not as stupid as a vagina-obsessed feminist that one had an argument with someone and now will just say the opposite no matter what, you infantile bitch. dya have an opinion on your own or do you just oppose people you decided you hate? you're so ignorant and full of hatred you won't even see the contradiction between being a so-called liberal American and defend a colonialist point of view. get f.ucked and start thinking instead of being the typical female emotional void stereotype you are.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
i prefer to be what you call ridículo (like the Galician Criss and the Irish Tacitus) and speak all the languages i do
And I'd prefer it if you weren't so offensive to other people. Seeing as you brought my name up.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Tacitus
And I'd prefer it if you weren't so offensive to other people. Seeing as you brought my name up.
sorry Tacitus. there's some background to it and sometimes duty is duty, no pleasure.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
yeah and people like you reduce the territory of Indians/Native Americans every year (what would please Caitlyn by the way - and she's a woman, so you have to like her) and you just suck. i prefer to be what you call ridículo (like the Galician Criss and the Irish Tacitus) and speak all the languages i do than being a f.ucking ignorant yank like you that doesn't know what language family Emilian belongs to.
plus i am not as stupid as a vagina-obsessed feminist that one had an argument with someone and now will just say the opposite no matter what, you infantile bitch. dya have an opinion on your own or do you just oppose people you decided you hate? you're so ignorant and full of hatred you won't even see the contradiction between being a so-called liberal American and defend a colonialist point of view. get f.ucked and start thinking instead of being the typical female emotional void stereotype you are.
Barcelona? It's in Spain.

id like to thank Chicagofrog for posting those maps, which are very good i think, for people to see them and change their mind about the usual concept of 1 nation=1 language, which is totally not true most times

i can say i am Galician and i have no problem in admitting im Spanish too, but i prefer to say im Galician because i feel it more and i like more Galician language than spanish one, im very proud of it, of having an own language, own culture, history and traditions which make us to be different from the others, that of course i also respect as much as mine
so i think is not okay if i just say "im spanish" because im not really, or not as much as other people(from "really" Spain) are because even if i speak Spanish i have Galician accent

Originally Posted by criss
id like to thank Chicagofrog for posting those maps, which are very good i think, for people to see them and change their mind about the usual concept of 1 nation=1 language, which is totally not true most times

i can say i am Galician and i have no problem in admitting im Spanish too, but i prefer to say im Galician because i feel it more and i like more Galician language than spanish one, im very proud of it, of having an own language, own culture, history and traditions which make us to be different from the others, that of course i also respect as much as mine
so i think is not okay if i just say "im spanish" because im not really, or not as much as other people(from "really" Spain) are because even if i speak Spanish i have Galician accent
I think all of this is very cool. How you identify yourself should always be up to you personally, becase it is you who knows your own background and what you identify with.

What I find wrong is the attitude that it's ok to insult other people for using understood terminology. chicagofrog's vileness toward americans and toward women is here for all to see, thanks to his own hands. I have stated nothing in this thread other than the very simple truth that the city of Barcelona is in Spain. He has attacked my character, called me names and been rude to others in his rage. His attacks on me are entirely untrue, unfounded and unfair. This is not the first time that his initial reaction in a thread has been to insult people and I'm sure it won't be the last. It's becoming a very clear pattern, observable here, here, and this is the third thread where he has gone off on someone for not thinking the way he does.

yes i totally understand you

i truly believe in what i said about being Galician and all that, and i think it is okay and necessary to say and defend your ideas, as he (Chicagofrog) also did. I think it is just normal that two people think about this (which is quite complicated to understand) differently, because of education ,society in which they have grown up, experiencies in life, and a long etcetera
but respect is essential, just if you are respectful, only that way people will (or "should") at least listen to you, and maybe then just maybe people would agree more

just my opinion

history *is* moralizing
a shame many posts were erased with the site outdate, included mine where i
1) precised to Ash Lee the last post addressed to him was number 16, and i couldn't find anything insulting in it when i reread it
2) presented my apologies to him if he felt addressed to, as well as to all people, except one, whose feelings may have been hurt by the language used
3) said i felt sorry it happened in Ash Lee's thread

now, i say what i think in posts, which are public, and i don't, like that SD
1) try to look tolerant and cool in public and then write private messages, like the one she sent me in response to that thread she so much wanna mention in her post here (where by the way the only thing she does there is launching a discussion and then hysterically screams I'M NOT HAVING AN ARGUMENT - she meant: "publicly") where she says things like it seems that Yoda and me and others don't think with our brains but with another part of our body for believing so much in biology and biological differences.
i don't fear anything, if i say something like that, i say it publicly; she doesn't have the balls to, to put an image she'd "like". which proves, together with other experiences, that most feminists are just female machos, but even worse, since they lack the muscles, they act in your back.
2) is only capable to be so infantile as to badrep (which i personally never did, but once, in response to her) someone with a message like "die".
now, i said in another post only the worst persons in this world can wish the death of someone, even Bin Laden's or Bush's. same like killing, just you don't have the means to. oh! of course, she doesn't have any religion, it wouldn't be "progressive", and everybody knows religions and the morality related to them are based on patriarchal bullsh!t. no wonder she has no principles. she's such a modern-day, free and progressive wo-man.
reminds me of three nazi skinheads me and friends had problems with in a bar, well, you know, even their kind wouldn't hit you in the face if you wear glasses. the only time i've been slapped in the face while still wearing glasses was by the same kinda feminist hag. they have less moral principles than nazis.
3) said she'd put me in her "ignore list" - which is another infantile dumb reaction, but well, what's to expect...?? - but later each time i write something she'd post after me and try to make fun of me and my opinions, which is (but would her "brains" understand something soooooooo complicated??) just as insulting as f.ucker, dick or c.unt for open-minded people without vocabulary taboos. weird, since she's West Coast...
i'd so much prefer to have fun here and ignore her. but that doesn't go in one direction.

oh yeah, so she knows me sooooooo well just thru a few posts... and i thought you couldn't know someone unless you spent hours and hours with, during years.
she knows me so well, that no doubt am i a hater of everything and everyone American.
weird then, that i speak (at least some imperfect) English, only read on English and 70% of the movies i watch every single day are made in USA, and that anyone i really know, anyone who reads my posts, anyone with whom we've been writing private messages would tell you i always say (almost) everything i like/love is American, movies and novels and comics and music.
weird thing that my best male friend in Berlin is American. and he criticizes the US more than me. but i guess this is part of the problem. cause if i were Palahniuk i could write against the whole American society (and make macho jokes against women) in my novels, or be my American friend and criticize anything,... i'd have a right to cuz i'd be an American citizen? now who's the reactionary racist-nationalist?
oh, and i hate women? right. weird things i've got 4 best friends and 3 are women. since 15-10 years.
no, you see, i love women as much as i despise feminists like you. and no, both words are NOT equivalent (in fact, can a balanced intelligent woman be a feminist? i dunno, but people like that give me strong doubts - or maybe, i dislike feminists *because* i love women). all the good friends i made in Chicago would tell you, i love Americans... as much as i despise only one now! and no, that's not Bush, he's a much better person than SD.
that's the kinda person who's only able to defend her own kind and uses her obsession to close all conversations with a "you wouln't say that if i were not a woman". yeah right, so if you were black, anyone not your opinion would be a racist. gosh, i lived that situation (and am not the only one judging by people who told me the same story) so often, and it's a so commonplace poor strategy (like i said elsewhere, no man ever in an argument told me "you say that because i'm a ... man" (preferably screaming)... we're lucky she's not a black Jewish lesbian feminist woman, or we'd all be sued for some reason. i guess she wishes she were. she wouldn't react thus if, like i actually do, disliked most Germans and French, no, she wouldn't feel concerned... so much altruism does she have! me i don't need a drop of Indian/Native American blood in my veins to defend the Iroquois against the Canadians. or any people, if the cause is just.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
But isn't Catalonia, along with the other 17 or so autonomous communities, a part of Spain? Like Wales is a part of England?
that was pretty funny actually, even i know that wales isn't a part of england.....although when it comes to spain, i'm a bit iffy....never thought about it that way chicagofrog, i guess you're right, although she would be true to say she's going to spain, catalonia is a part of spain, just like i would be true in saying i'm going to brittain if i'm going to england....or that i'm going to the US if in fact i was going to california....no?

There are those who call me...Tim.
My post that got deleted:

In short, I assumed post 17 (which was the one that upset me):
now, two real maps for people with more imagination and heart and less ignorance than certain other people:
...was aimed at me. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive but being called unimaginative, heartless and ignorant seems pretty mean.

But if this is a misunderstanding I take back what I said (especially "jerk").

now, two real maps for people with more imagination and heart and less ignorance than certain other people:

Catalan countries map
and a map of the real Europe for those Americans with heart that wanna deserve to visit it:

although the map of Italy is wrong. later i shall post a real one. Italy is like 15 different languages=countries.
although you have a point to a certain extent, the last sentence is simply not true, if you go arround italy and ask people from different parts of it who they are they will undoubtedly say they are italians, just because they speak with different dialects it doesn't make them different nationalities.....or countries for that matter....regions yes, countries no.....
and also, that map is not entirely correct, i see that certain parts of croatia are marked as hungarian, it's a map of minorities, just because there are a few hungarians living in a certain part of my country , doesn't make them a majority in that part or that part of my country hungary.....

this in fact was unnecessarily harsh/mean/nasty....

here it is, en even better one that shows that Italy too is a colonialist dream not based on any linguistic reality:
also, despite the fact that croatian and serbian are essentially one language, we are two very different nations....2 nations, not one like according to your map.....
also, in certain parts of croatia people speak certain dialects ( as do i ) which people who speak the official dialect do not understand a single word of , but we are all croatians.
the situation with languages in europe is far more complex then you make it out to be....

a shame many posts were erased with the site outdate, included mine where i
1) precised to Ash Lee the last post addressed to him was number 16, and i couldn't find anything insulting in it when i reread it
2) presented my apologies to him if he felt addressed to, as well as to all people, except one, whose feelings may have been hurt by the language used
3) said i felt sorry it happened in Ash Lee's thread

now, i say what i think in posts, which are public, and i don't, like that SD
1) try to look tolerant and cool in public and then write private messages, like the one she sent me in response to that thread she so much wanna mention in her post here (where by the way the only thing she does there is launching a discussion and then hysterically screams I'M NOT HAVING AN ARGUMENT - she meant: "publicly") where she says things like it seems that Yoda and me and others don't think with our brains but with another part of our body for believing so much in biology and biological differences.
i don't fear anything, if i say something like that, i say it publicly; she doesn't have the balls to, to put an image she'd "like". which proves, together with other experiences, that most feminists are just female machos, but even worse, since they lack the muscles, they act in your back.
2) is only capable to be so infantile as to badrep (which i personally never did, but once, in response to her) someone with a message like "die".
now, i said in another post only the worst persons in this world can wish the death of someone, even Bin Laden's or Bush's. same like killing, just you don't have the means to. oh! of course, she doesn't have any religion, it wouldn't be "progressive", and everybody knows religions and the morality related to them are based on patriarchal bullsh!t. no wonder she has no principles. she's such a modern-day, free and progressive wo-man.
reminds me of three nazi skinheads me and friends had problems with in a bar, well, you know, even their kind wouldn't hit you in the face if you wear glasses. the only time i've been slapped in the face while still wearing glasses was by the same kinda feminist hag. they have less moral principles than nazis.
3) said she'd put me in her "ignore list" - which is another infantile dumb reaction, but well, what's to expect...?? - but later each time i write something she'd post after me and try to make fun of me and my opinions, which is (but would her "brains" understand something soooooooo complicated??) just as insulting as f.ucker, dick or c.unt for open-minded people without vocabulary taboos. weird, since she's West Coast...
i'd so much prefer to have fun here and ignore her. but that doesn't go in one direction.

oh yeah, so she knows me sooooooo well just thru a few posts... and i thought you couldn't know someone unless you spent hours and hours with, during years.
she knows me so well, that no doubt am i a hater of everything and everyone American.
weird then, that i speak (at least some imperfect) English, only read on English and 70% of the movies i watch every single day are made in USA, and that anyone i really know, anyone who reads my posts, anyone with whom we've been writing private messages would tell you i always say (almost) everything i like/love is American, movies and novels and comics and music.
weird thing that my best male friend in Berlin is American. and he criticizes the US more than me. but i guess this is part of the problem. cause if i were Palahniuk i could write against the whole American society (and make macho jokes against women) in my novels, or be my American friend and criticize anything,... i'd have a right to cuz i'd be an American citizen? now who's the reactionary racist-nationalist?
oh, and i hate women? right. weird things i've got 4 best friends and 3 are women. since 15-10 years.
no, you see, i love women as much as i despise feminists like you. and no, both words are NOT equivalent (in fact, can a balanced intelligent woman be a feminist? i dunno, but people like that give me strong doubts - or maybe, i dislike feminists *because* i love women). all the good friends i made in Chicago would tell you, i love Americans... as much as i despise only one now! and no, that's not Bush, he's a much better person than SD.
that's the kinda person who's only able to defend her own kind and uses her obsession to close all conversations with a "you wouln't say that if i were not a woman". yeah right, so if you were black, anyone not your opinion would be a racist. gosh, i lived that situation (and am not the only one judging by people who told me the same story) so often, and it's a so commonplace poor strategy (like i said elsewhere, no man ever in an argument told me "you say that because i'm a ... man" (preferably screaming)... we're lucky she's not a black Jewish lesbian feminist woman, or we'd all be sued for some reason. i guess she wishes she were. she wouldn't react thus if, like i actually do, disliked most Germans and French, no, she wouldn't feel concerned... so much altruism does she have! me i don't need a drop of Indian/Native American blood in my veins to defend the Iroquois against the Canadians. or any people, if the cause is just.
Barcelona?
It's in Spain.