Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1

→ in
Tools    

I will not be participating. I may have seen all of the first one. Yuk.

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1

I've just seen Harry Potter 7 and i have mixed feelings over it and here is why.

As Harry races against time and evil to destroy the Horcruxes, he uncovers the existence of three most powerful objects in the wizarding world: the Deathly Hallows.

Firstly the acting is great. Watching the three leads grow out has been amazing. They have both improved incredibly and are capable to competing with Hollywood's giants. Ralph Feinnes as Voldermort is honestly the greatest villian in cinema history. He is unbeatable in this film. We see also how sinister Bellatrix Lestrange is and how evil she can be. Its all a very gloomy and dark atmosphere and While David Yates isn't perfect , he gets the tone brilliantly.

Here are my problems however. I felt it could have been more in depth. David Yate's direction was at time off putting and didn't put more depth into the plot. Sure its 2 parts which means more things to explain , just that the first battle was over in seconds and we didn't get the emotional impact of the two deaths. Dobby's appearance i was also quite dissapointed in but never the less we see a great character return for his last hoorah. We also see development between The Three and their proper feelings for each other , especially Ron & Hermione. Harry & Ginny's relationship i haven't bought in yet but its the 2nd part i think i will be invested with.

Never the less , This film will make money and a lot i think. See it because its the film that sets up the all important finale. The Finale To End All Finales.

Rating - 87% - A-

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Post Reviews Of HP7 Pt 1 here.
Way to kick things off. I had no idea that this is where those things go.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

have u seen it yet ? I'm anxiously waiting for other opinions.
Nope, haven't seen it. I'm debating on whether or not to, as well. I wasn't really excited about Half-Blood Prince, but this does look like and (from what I've heard, so far) sounds like, a film worth watching.

well it is. Its very realisitic and haunting. But it doesn't payoff in that explosive WOW way. I guess they are saving it for Part 2.
That would make sense. Anyone going in expecting a big finish needs to realize that this cannot be viewed as a self-contained film.

no that's true. Part 1 is more character than a plot development film. Part 2 is going to be like "All Out War" style Film. If they're going out , they are going out kicking and screaming in the long hot summer.

There's a lot of small things I would have changed (a lot), but it wasn't bad. I would've shot the wedding much differently, changed the way a few of the actors said their lines, added more Fred & George jokes, etc. Should've just waited til next summer to watch them both in the same day

I didn't mind that it was rushed but it was rushed in the wrong place. The tension is already there so they could've lowered the pace for when it's just the wedding and made the "crashing" super-abrupt by having Kingsley's message be very swift and then a documentary style following of Harry, utterly confused, trying to escape. Would have been way more effective.

This is really happening
Just saw the movie yesterday and was very impressed. I love the books and have enjoyed the movies if only because they bring the books to life in a new way. I really liked this one though; I'm excited for July and Part 2.

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
Thanks for the review! I'm sort of torn between seeing it and saving it until after I read the last book. I haven't read the last book yet. I just couldn't bring myself to read the last one, I just wasn't ready to end Harry Potter. Should I read the last book first??

Great movie its so worth seeing in the movies its so much fun to watch and the Ending was awesome. I give it a 5 out of 5 rateing