Off to Spain tomorrow...

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by adidasss
damn you.....now i have to go to sleep with " girls just wanna have fun" running in the back of my head...........thanks a lot mate!
lol I think he meant "True Colors".

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by adidasss
damn you.....now i have to go to sleep with " girls just wanna have fun" running in the back of my head...........thanks a lot mate!

I didn't think of that song til long after I posted it...

Put me in your pocket...
Well...what an eye full this thread has been.

chicagofrog...I am truely stunned by your appalling behavior throughout this thread.
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
i admitted having exaggerated sometimes. she never did, although she wished my death, insulted me many times (or are her insults invisible, or forgiveable and not mine??), and hated me and considered me the absolute evil the very minute i didn't agree with her feminism, just like that, one sentence i had posted. and i never wished for her to die, as long as she leaves me alone, i even wish her to be happy, like i do all other people.
I can't believe you trying to play the victim here and pointing fingers at Sammy. You are reponsible for this mess...by posting a dig at her...and then went right into demeaning insults.

now, two real maps for people with more imagination and heart and less ignorance than certain other people:

and...

yeah and people like you reduce the territory of Indians/Native Americans every year (what would please Caitlyn by the way - and she's a woman, so you have to like her) and you just suck. i prefer to be what you call ridículo (like the Galician Criss and the Irish Tacitus) and speak all the languages i do than being a f.ucking ignorant yank like you that doesn't know what language family Emilian belongs to.
plus i am not as stupid as a vagina-obsessed feminist that one had an argument with someone and now will just say the opposite no matter what, you infantile bitch. dya have an opinion on your own or do you just oppose people you decided you hate? you're so ignorant and full of hatred you won't even see the contradiction between being a so-called liberal American and defend a colonialist point of view. get f.ucked and start thinking instead of being the typical female emotional void stereotype you are.
As I read through this thread, I was, and still am repulsed by your hatefulness toward Sammy...just because she disagreed with you. There’s no excuse for you behaving in such an vile and ugly manner. Rape? infantile bitch? get f.ucked? typical female emotional void stereotype? nazi? menopause?

And now, you try to belittle her with your new title... ”Cindy would vote for Franco”. Is this your way of wishing "her to be happy” ?

Shame on you.

There is too much hate in here, isn't this supposed to be a friendly forum? Some of the behaviour in this thread is just unacceptable, and over a simple matter...i never thought i'd ever see this on MoFo. Why can't differences just be cast aside? (Although it's probably harder to do it now).

I hate people fighting,...i get enough of it at home

I am having a nervous breakdance
I can't believe I missed this djangonian thread...

here it is, en even better one that shows that Italy too is a colonialist dream not based on any linguistic reality:
First of all, Chicago. You're waaaay out of line. Really.... But I don't think I need to point that out any further.

About that map. I live in Skåne in south of Sweden and according to that map I am supposed to be in something called a "billinguism situation" or my language is in that situation or something... I speak swedish and so do everybody else in Skåne. There is absolutely no question about that. And I would say that about 0.1% of the Skåne population would want Skåne to be seperated from Sweden. We're swedes and pleased with that.

There are other things with the map I am a bit skeptical about but nevermind.

You seem to be obsessed with this thing that one language equals one nation or one seperate country no matter what. You must understand that it's way more comlicated than that. Take Germany for instance. They speak german all over the place but still the different "states" have a high level of independency. On the other hand, since a language is officially recognized as an "official regional language" (don't know the correct term in english) when a certain amount of people in the region speak it as their first language and when the language bears some historical significance for the region, it is very possible (heard this on the radio yesterday) that turkish will be "official regional language" in some parts of Germany in some years. This, of course, because of the very large number of turkish immigrants. Would this mean that Turkey as a country, in a couple of years, will be situated in Germany AND in Turkey? Using your logic, it does.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

history *is* moralizing
hei

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
First of all, Chicago. You're waaaay out of line. Really.... But I don't think I need to point that out any further.
i know, and i'm gonna try hard not to take personal matters in public threads (especially not my own) any more. like i said, twas not about a different opinion principally. sorry again.

I live in Skåne in south of Sweden and according to that map I am supposed to be in something called a "billinguism situation"
i know that too, meaning that i couldn't find any map (except if i were able to draw it once myself) really corresponding point for point with what is my view of things. for example, i'd add, no doubrt about that, Shetland, which has a strong personality, its own political party (Shetland Movement), and speaks a quite strongly differentiated variety of Scots. they never ever spoke Gaelic, like the map suggests.
i dunno much about Skaane. notice though the sign *, that indicates it's only a "variety" of Swedish. kind of a strong dialect? but i don't know much more about this, my specialty in Scandinavia being Norway. but i saw there was some political-cultural association, somewhere on the net. ?? maybe you know more??

You seem to be obsessed with this thing that one language equals one nation or one separate country no matter what

i wouldn't say "obsessed". starting at the end of the 19th century, the concept of state-nation rose, and with it the trying to find a definition. like i think i mentioned, it is not the only factor for me either, but probably, considering my specialty/passion (languages), the most striking for me. but of course one cannot deny that an Austrian feels so, even if he doesn't speak even a dialect of German, but real Official-German. so yes, there are other factors.

lastly, tis all a question of 1) choosing the way you regard things. none is absolutely right or wrong, but i reckon it as useful (/necessary) to express the less famous one, that represents a minority, not to be found everywhere in the official version. (i won't even mention the mistakes and blatant lies that sometimes are propagated by that official version). seems to me far more interesting than the version you can find in the next bookshop, or hear on TV (especially that one). 2) tis all virtual. one spends a month in the Spanish state, thinks there's one language, one kinda food and traditions, or at most "regional" variants, me and some others, and i think it's richer, if we travel enough thru that state, see/discover/enjoy/learn about 7-8 different countries/nations/ethnies (whatever you wanna call them). makes it more interesting, all this variety in this world. but probably it's fair that others may be blind to it. we're all blind to certain things.

Take Germany for instance. They speak german all over the place but still the different "states" have a high level of independency
as a matter of facts there are at least 5 languages in Germany:
Low-Saxon ("Low-German")
Middle-German
and
High-German (in German NOT Hochdeutsch, which is the artificial koine, but Oberdeutsch)
Frisian
and
Sorbian (Slavic language of Luzhica/Lausitz)

and for your comparison with Turkish, i'd make a difference between immigration languages, new in the territory (which doesn't mean denying them any rights) and the autochtone languages, that were there BEFORE even the state language (like French, Spanish, Toscan...) was spoken there. a huge difference.

thanx for yr constructive answers, and any info about Skaane is welcome.

A system of cells interlinked
Yikes.

Yikes.

Lets put a smile on that block
You can say that again.

No go on. Really. Say it again...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This thread is seriously frightening. I mean I've had my share of arguments with people here in the past, but never this angry or hateful.

Remind me to never even mention Spain from now on. heh.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/