What are your favorite coming of age movies?

Tools    

I'm sure there are more I like, but here are some I instantly recall as some of my favorites:

- Summer of '42
- Red Sky at Morning
- American Graffiti
-The Last Picture Show

What are your favorites?

The Breakfast Club
Heaven Help Us
My Dog Skip
Bridge to Terabithia
Radio Days
Stand By Me
My Girl
Sixteen Candles
The Man in the Moon
Sixteen candles was great. Both my daughters favorite. We all like Ducky!

Sixteen candles was great. Both my daughters favorite. We all like Ducky!
Duckie (John Cryer) was actually a character in Pretty In Pink (1986) - another good teen / coming of age movie from John Hughes, and often confused with Sixteen Candles (1984).

Duckie (John Cryer) was actually a character in Pretty In Pink (1986) - another good teen / coming of age movie from John Hughes, and often confused with Sixteen Candles (1984).
Ooops..my bust. Yes, Pretty In Pink. Good call.

Melody (1971)

With the two male stars from Oliver! (1968) and music by the Bee Gees (pre-disco era) and Crosby, Stills & Nash.

Full movie available on YouTube...

One of my favorites as well. Such an underrated movie.
Currently available on HBO Max.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There are several existing threads on the subject, but for the record my all-time favorite remains Breaking Away (1979).

HERE is a custom list with a whole lot of 'em (in no particular order) that I love and like.

There are many, but my absolute favorite is Whisper of the heart.