The Bourne Supremecy (possible spoilers)

→ in
Tools    

There are those who call me...Tim.
I know that there's already a review of this film on this forum page, but I wanted to write my own review of it without being in someone else's shadow.

The Plot
When a CIA mission goes wrong, Jason Bourne is once again running for his life as he is framed and later hunted by a mysterious Russian assassin.
Meanwhile, the CIA are also on the hunt for him as they intend to end what appears to be a killing spree by ex Treadstone agent Bourne, and get to the bottom of what happened in Berlin.
Will Bourne live to find out the truth and save his own life?

Firstly I want to say that I thought this film was great fun to watch, but like so many films out there it was far from perfect. For example...
  • I thought the opening was average. It was slow paced and dragged on a bit, and I was just sitting there waiting for something to happen. When Bourne found out someone was following him I was hooked, but the chase through the grass was on the verge of being boring.
  • The shakey camera. Oh my god, my eyes! Stylish camerawork is one thing, headache inducing camera work is something else entirely. Using it to enhance the drama or movement in a scene is fine but when it's used enlessly and for no apprent reason, it can spoil a good film (and my retinas), and in this film there WAS no reason to use it.
However, despite those flaws this film is still one of the better action films that I've seen in the past year. The film keeps you on the edge of your seat as the plot unveils and the action (despite a few early scenes) doesn't disappoint. The scene in the interrogation room is tense, the chase through the streets between Bourne and the assassin was my favourite scene in the whole film, and the car chase was superb.
As for the acting, well as far as I'm concerned there wasn't a bad apple among any of the cast, and they all did a splendid job. But do you really care how good the acting was? I mean, when was the last time you went to see an Arnie flick to see if he could handle anger or tears?

To sum it all up, if you haven't seen this film yet and you are a fan of action films, I suggest you see this.

Bourne Supremecy= (out of a possible 5)

i saw it awhile ago i think they did the shakey camera thing is to make you feel like your running with Bourne, anyways i love Bourne Supremacy it was pretty exciting to watch, great review but you gotta explain the plot a little more in the review

8 dollars for a movie that sucked.... I'd rather pay a bum to do the shimmy on broadway while holding a sign that says, Shanks A Lot!. Then with the left over money I'd probably go rent a good movie, like, uh, maybe, Dr. Strangelove. I just saw that, don't konw why it took me so long to watch it, but it rocked like wool sock hangin from my... you get the idea. The Bourne Supre(can't spell worth a darn hoot anyhow) might be worth watching to see how jump cuts can sometimes be used to build tension or support the ackwardness of a scene. Psycho's shower scene did it better though, and a bum would be good times.

Great review, Ash!
I agree with pretty much everything you had to say.

This could have been a great movie, but that shaky cam drove me nuts. That was really the only problem I had with it. I thought Matt Damon looked a lot more at ease in this film than in the first one.

i liked this one better than the first one, because of the action (i love action movies) Although there was a few parts in the movie that puzzled me...

Well i thought the first one was excellent but the second one was not so good. The ending really sucked, it seemed to be over really fast....maybe i just wasnt paying attention! anyway, the camera shaking didnt bother me and there were some good parts like the car chase.

that was ANOYING! the camera shaking was bad, maybe it was because i was sitting at the very front.