Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I watched about an hour of Stir of Echoes last night, mainly for Kevin Bacon. As usual, he was really good, but there's such an onslaught of sounds and images that it killed the mood. If I get through the rest I'll rate it.

Southbound (Roxanne Benjamin, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, David Bruckner, Tyler Gillett, Patrick Horvath, Justin Martinez & Chad Villella, 2015)

Usual horror anthology mix - one segment worked quite well, the rest were either mediocre or poor

Not particularly interested in Bill Gates, but this 3-parter was very interesting & absorbing.

Movie Forums Extra
For now, Why Women Kill is the best for me. Every day I find time to watch it.

Gwen (2018)- 3 Stars
I quite enjoyed this one. Had nice atmosphere and some horror vibe to it. Something about it reminded me of The Witch witch I really liked.

Strange, watching it was OK and I liked the premise but found the actors cold.
I disagree. Main actress was hot.

Baron Prásil (1962, Karel Zeman)

This classic Czech take on the adventures of Baron Munchausen gets a lot of praise, and I can see why, but in all honesty I wasn't particularly enamored by it. Definitely the best thing about it was the visuals, which were stunningly beautiful and unique - the amount of creative effort that went into making this film must have been staggering. But as a movie it didn't really blow me away. I mean, it was charming and whimsical but not much else, and I wasn't really absorbed by the story all that much. So yeah, liked it but didn't love it, and I think I enjoyed Zeman's other film,Vynález zkázy, a bit more. I'd still give it a 4/5 just for the unique visual style alone.

Baron Prásil (1962, Karel Zeman)
I don't think I've seen that since the Nineties – it was interesting at the time for me because I loved The Adventures of Baron Munchausen so much. I later saw Münchhausen, which is even better.

For now, Why Women Kill is the best for me. Every day I find time to watch it.
I watch far more TV at the moment than films . I think it's the length more than anything.

The Florida Project (Sean Baker, 2017)

It's no Mickey Mouse affair, a definite step up from Tangerine imo