JayDee's Movie Musings

→ in
Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Damn, your reviews are longer than the bloody movie scripts.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Finally read this. Expect my review soon so we can compare notes!
To help you compare by the way I also posted this list of little moments and lines etc that I enjoyed or found interesting

Ultron observations

Stop being rude. Captain loves you. You're too rude to people who are trying to be nice to you.
Was I just advised on how to be more courteous to my fellow MoFos.....by Sexy Celebrity?!!! The guy that insults everyone? Who posts a gong in response to foreign films? Who compared this place to Nazi Germany?

Isn't the universe meant to start ripping apart at the seams following such a paradox?

I say that Von Strucker is indeed done. I think he was supposed to be the big threat for Captain America 3 when it was going to be Serpent Society. But now that they are doing the Civil War plot line, I think he is done. All the other notes you and I pretty much are in agreement.

I'm surprised how short this felt when reading it. A good review here, and it's definitely clear that you are a Marvel fan, this was almost a review/comment on the whole MCU.

But a good read! Thanks JayDee!

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier on something happened to the document where I keep all my reviews which has f*cked it up! I had an old version of it on a memory stick but all in all I've still lost some 11 or 12 reviews!!! 10s of thousands of words and hours and hours of my time down the drain!!! I'm absolutely raging!!!

I'm trying to see if there's a way to recover it but I think I'm screwed. And if I am I don't know what to do about the lost reviews. I don't know whether to try and rewrite some of them while they're relatively fresh in my mind, whether to rewatch the films to help rekindle what I wrote or whether to just draw a line under them and forget about them; perhaps returning to them sometime in the distant future.

I'm off to sulk some more.

Forget about those reviews.

What you should do -- take the reviews you have and put them in book format. Then sell a book of your reviews on Amazon.com

Why not? That Matt guy sells every damn thing he writes.

Of course, turning JayDee's reviews into books would cause everybody on Earth to die because all the trees in the world would be needed to print these books and we'd run out of oxygen.

Bet that memory stick of JayDee's just couldn't hold the giant size of those reviews -- they were all squeezed in there -- so the memory stick deleted a bunch of them so it could, you know, "breathe."

It didn't have enough memory! You try remembering all of JayDee's reviews. Poor little memory stick.

Oh boy... I just saw your Avengers review it's almost as long as my master's thesis
It's almost as big as The Bible.

JayDee's movie reviews are so big THEY become adapted into movies themselves! For the people who don't wanna read them -- "Wait for the movie."

Well that's bloody annoying, JD.

I can only hope that they were reviews of superhero movies and no reviews of good films have been lost.

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier on something happened to the document where I keep all my reviews which has f*cked it up! I had an old version of it on a memory stick but all in all I've still lost some 11 or 12 reviews!!! 10s of thousands of words and hours and hours of my time down the drain!!! I'm absolutely raging!!!

I'm trying to see if there's a way to recover it but I think I'm screwed. And if I am I don't know what to do about the lost reviews. I don't know whether to try and rewrite some of them while they're relatively fresh in my mind, whether to rewatch the films to help rekindle what I wrote or whether to just draw a line under them and forget about them; perhaps returning to them sometime in the distant future.

I'm off to sulk some more.
Dude that sucks!

JayDee, at least you're alive. You could of died with a tube up your butt. Remember that.

Still no luck recovering the reviews as of yet. Has anyone had any luck recovering an earlier version of a document that was deleted or become corrupted or anything?

Find whatever you can salvage and post some reviews, mate. How are you feeling now?
Still not great at all. I do at least still have a bunch of reviews kicking about but it's just trying to get the time/motivation to post them as it can be quite a fiddly, time consuming process at times and I'm still so far behind on catching up with PMs and the like.

Damn, that sounds frustrating as hell? Did you have reviews not written on this site? Well, I guess that's why you are freaking out...
No these were reviews from my massive backlog that I had not yet gotten around to posting.

Well that's bloody annoying, JD.

I can only hope that they were reviews of superhero movies and no reviews of good films have been lost.
Nope no superhero films. Here's a list of what got lost -

Maleficent / Men in Black 3 / Godzilla (2014) / Boyhood / American Sniper / Catch Me If You Can / The Voices / Walk the Line / Predestination / John Wick

There was also an unfinished Interstellar review and a review for The Guest that I was currently working on. Plus a couple of write-ups for my new favourite films list whenever it appears