X-Men 2...Beast,Gambit &more

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
She was in the first one. She was just in the background in a couple scenes. No speaking lines.

Yeah, Bassett -- dang, now I'm mad that she wasn't cast in that role. I hate it when a perfect casting opportunity is missed. I dunno who Charlie O'Neale is, but Landry would fit fairly well. And yes, Milano would be perfect as Jubilee...but, again, I don't think they have room for her. It's kind of depressing to think about how they have to dump these characters...but I don't know if there's any way around it.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think that some of the casting was a bad call, not all of it. Jean Grey's was a good one, Storm's, not good...Cyclops...was ok, I mean there had to be someone better than Marsden. I agree that Ian McKellin(I think thats his name) shouldn't have been cast as Magneto. Richard Gere would have had the look for it, but don't know bout the attitude and all that for it.

I believe that the charecters that need to have at least a bit part in the sequel should be Jubilee, Gambit, Beast, and what about Morph??? That would be a very hard charecter to pull off when he would be constantly changing, but a possibility.

There are my picks for this movie. Hopefully, at least a couple of em will make it in.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'd be pissed if they put Morph in, because he's not a real X-Men character. They made him up for the cartoon. Just like how the new cartoon is making up all sorts of people and has made everyone look completely different. IDIOTS!!!

Ian was a great choice, IMO. The looks have to be partially throw out the window...no way Magneto would be that wise/old, and in that kind of shape. More realistically, he'd be older, and not so physically strong. Why would he have to be physically strong? Everyone's strong in the comics, even if they don't have to be. Gere would have been too young.

Anyway, I think they're handling things VERY well...you just can't fit that many characters in one movie...or even two, for that matter. Maybe if they make enough of these, they'll have them all introduced, but for now, I don't think they can do much better.

Oh, and I think Marsden was almost as perfect as Jackman...he WAS Cyclops.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
More realistically
It's a movie about mutants with super human powers, reality shouldn't be that important. More attention to detail of the comics should have been more important, in my opinion.

Well, there's a line there. Obviously some realism is required. The X-Men is science fiction, not fantasy...which means it makes logical sense, but it still bizarre and unlikely...just not completely crazy. I don't know if they could have gotten a bunch of actors to look that way...most bodybuilders wouldn't be able to handle those lines.

Now With Moveable Parts
I wonder if in the second movie,they will pick up where they left off?Wolverine left to go explore his past,Magneto is in plastic jail,there really wasn't any huge cliff hanger.It would be cool if we could see some grand scale fighting sequences between a whole bunch of mutants like they do in the comics.

Oh yeah, I want huge fight scenes between like 8 at once...that'd be awesome. From what I've heard, the sequel will indeed concern more of Wolverine's past -- of course, most of us probably already know what will be revealed, but It'll still be fun to watch.

i agree as well about the fight scenes...there should be at least one big fight scene...and sentinels should be introduced...wat is sad about the cast is that some of the bad casting can't be fixed in the sequel cuz the actors/actresses agreed on returning and it would be weird to hav a different actor/actress play a character that was in the first one (altho this did happen with the Batman series)...

also...i don't think the stories that were depicted in the cartoon series should be retold in the movies so things like the phoenix saga should not be done (i'm mentioning this cuz someone sed they would like to see the dark phoenix saga)...i think they should either depict a saga from the comics or come up with new stories while staying within the lines of wat has been revealed in the comics...

It hink this movie would be a lot better if it had juggernaut, and beast in a planet of the apes suit
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Well beast wasn't an ape. If they gave him a suit that added muscle, and fur he would be awesome. Juggernaut would be a great addition, but who could they put in that role? I mean the guy is huge, and has a small head. LOL...

Juggernut = The Big Show. I don't know what his real name is but the guy is huge! The Neo should be The Beast. And we all know who the neo is. Anthony Hopkins!

I swear to God if anyone breathes the name of Hopkins again to put in his name for an acting job i'm going to scream at the top of my lungs. LOL...

Big Slow, he would be a good'n for that part, not sure his name, but yeah he would definetly be a good person to play juggernaut. Even if they stick with the outfit he wore in the comics. That huge headpiece that he wore my gosh that thing would be a scorcher on a hot day.

I think the movie is great. The plot was really good. The casting was pretty good especially with Wolverine and Mystique, i love the way they did her costume. And yes, Jubilee was in this first movie. She was in the classroom with the yellow jacket, sitting right next to Rogue. If you have the DVD, there is a deleted scene where Storm is teaching class and she calls on Jubilee to answer her question.
I hope Rebecca (Mystique) comes back for the sequel, cuz the music they play every time she appears in the movie is just freaky. I would like every one to come back. I'd rather see Gambit than Beast though if they had a sequel. Night Crawler would be good, and also the Blob, that fat guy in the cartoons. I dont remember seeing toad in the cartoons though, but he was awesome. I would like to see a rare character appear in the sequel like Omega Red, Collosus, Blob, Arch Angel. any other suggestons for rare characters?

Beast and Gambit should both be added. I don't think two additions would fill up much time. The films should be longer than an hour and a half anyway.

Gambit should be played by Jude Law. Whoever came up with this suggestion deserves a gold star. He's always at his best when he's exploiting his looks and driving women wild. He'd play it exactly like Dickie Greenleaf from The Talented Mr Ripley - cocky, yet you can't help loving him. And he proved in AI that humour comes naturally to him. His relationship with Rogue in the cartoons was one of its best plots. That should keep. Their never ending flirting and Gambit's desperation to get into her shorts would make the film very funny, while having a dramatic tension.

Beast = The Rock! Anyone who has seen The Mummy Returns will not appreciate the Rock for what he is. A great actor. He's going to be the top Action Star over the next ten years and he could play Beast without any CGI or make-up enhancement. That man is built like a house and if he could do a British accent, he would be perfect. Beast has got to be in the sequel. I love his pacifism though he has the strength to destroy hundreds. He can't be cast as CGI. Didn't Jar Jar Binks prove that we'll never be able to care for computer-generated images in life action?