X-Men 2...Beast,Gambit &more

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
I was just curious to see if there were any other X-Men fans out there.My sisters and I used to collect the comics and cards.My favorite was Beast,much to my dismay,his charactor didn't even make the movie.I was hoping they would make a sequel using him and maybe Gambit.Who else?
I also hope Hugh jackman would stay on...yummy!

Gambit won't be in the sequel, it seems, but Beast is very likely, as is Nightcrawler. That said, I have not read the comics, but I love those Saturday morning X-Men cartoons. Very well done.

I wannna see the PHOENIX saga. I wanna see Jane Grey be posessed by the Dilithium Crystal. And the Beast should be played by Anthony Hopkins. SERIOUSLY!!!

I thought Dilithium Crystals were a Star Trek thing.

Yeah, I think you're right. Oh, and Beast is gonna be CG-generated. I dunno if Hopkins' voice would fit all that well, but it's still a funny thought.

Now With Moveable Parts
Anthony Hopkins is too old to play Beast.Remember,he's like the intelligent one of the bunch;maybe slightly older.TWT,why won't Gambit be in the next one?He's the one who throughs the cards and has a thing with Rouge.I thought for sure thy would put him in to give Rouge a love intrest scince Wolverine likes Jean Grey.

Well, apparently Gamibt would just be another "gruff" guy -- which they already have with Wolverine. I think it's pretty obvious that you can fit more characters, some with subtle variations of a similar basic attitude, in a comic book than you can in a movie. It makes sense, from a cinematic standpoint, to stick with only one "tough guy."

Yeah, I know who he is and all (I used to watch the cartoons ALL the time). He's a good character. A friend of mine is really ticked that he won't be in the next movie...and, according to a poll on MovieHeadlines.net listing something like 6 different options, Gambit is the mutant people (at least people who voted in that poll) want to see introduced in the new movie. Came ahead of Beast, even.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Gambit is another mutant that kinda doesn't like being a mutant, but adjusts, just like Rogue. Now there shouldn't be any reason why he shouldn't be in it. Who cares if there is a testosterone content above the normal limit. It's a miracle they are even making a sequel, and they should at least atempt to recognize all of the original mutants.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Jude Law should be Gambit! Or if he were younger, anthony Hopkins! hahaha! But seriously what mutant powers does he have? The only thing I ever see him do is throw explodin cards at the villeins.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
He has the ability to make the things he touches(solid objects) explosive. That's the way I understood it anyways. He's cajun, so it would be very funny seeing Jude Law speaking Cajun.

Miracle? I don't think so. The first movie brought in $54 million it's opening weekend, and over $150 overall...it'd be a miracle if they didn't make a sequel. As for an actor: dang PLite, Hopkins is not the answer to EVERY casting question.

My vote might go to Jean Claude Van-Damme...he's got an accent headed in that direction, would do well in fight scenes, and has plenty of attitude. Plus, it's unlikely he's all that busy. The role wouldn't require much depth out of him -- he'd just need a few witty one-liners, which he is more than capable of.

first of all...jean claude van damme would be perfect for gambit if he wasn't so dam short...second...i didn't really like the first x-men movie b/c i felt it could've been done a lot better...it was boring at times...third, i think it was a bad idea for rogue to be a child and especially hav anna paquin play her part...she does not the sex appeal that is an important characteristic for rogue...it would be really messed up if gambit is introduced and hav him try to hit on rogue all the time...and last...there has got to be much more mutants who actually hav some type of role in the movie...i mean...its not as if a new x-men movie comes out like every month...its like one every 1-2 years...and unless other comics are gonna be made into...there should be at least a couple of other mutants who make somewhat of an appearance in the next movie...

also..it be ill if someone somehow made a movie about the Infinity Wars...that be madd hot...

I disagree. This is a movie, man. If they just cram a bunch of characters in there, there won't be much in terms of development. They need to scale it back. I think the movie was right, also, in turning Rogue from a woman, to a young woman. This made the whole Wolverine/Rogue thing seem a lot more appropriate. I think he, in the cartoons at least, treats her light a daughter/younger sister...which makes more sense with her being younger.

Actually, Rogue was a merge between Rogue and Jubilee...another change I agree with. The "actual" X-Men have too many members...WAY too many to fit into movies like this.

Oh, and I LOVED the first one. I expected lots of flaws, but I was pleasantly surprised. If you keep in mind that they had to satisfy fans of the series, as well as people with a passing knowledge of it (which is the group most likely to be in the majority here, I think), then I think you'll find that they did a good job. Lots of cool ideas throughout.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I use to read the comics and watch the cartoons etc.

My favorite characters were Iceman, Gambit, Collosus, Cable, and a few more.

I think not putting Gambit in the sequel is a dumb move. He is such a great character. Everyone loves him. Plus they could get some hot guy to play him, and it would attract a larger audience. Keeping him out seems like a dumb move to me.

Now With Moveable Parts
I totally agree.The first movie was exactly the way I would have hoped.Whoever was responsible for the casting did a great job.Hugh Jackman was a virtual no one before X-Men.Rogue,according to the comics was only 16,so Anna Paquin was actually over the mark.I forgot all about Cable OG that would be cool.As far as Gambit is concerned,I want him in the new one.He is so not a "gruff"guy like Wolverine.He was the sensitive one,he and Beast often sided together on issues.

about the casting...i agree that Hugh Jackman did a great job, probably better than what the original actor would hav done (they wanted that guy from MI:2 and Ever After)...but as for the other characters...i didn't really like the actors who they had to play Rogue, Cyclops, Jean Grey or Storm...i mean, its a give-in that Patrick Stewart is Professor X...and altho the actor (forgot his name) who played Magneto was good, i would've expected an actor who could be more active...

I think they cast Wolverine, Prof X, Sabertooth, Toad, Jean Grey, and Cyclops perfectly. But I would have gone with someone else for Storm. Halle Berry just didn't really seem like Storm. Maybe it was just me. And from the comics and the cartoons, Rouge was sexy. Sure she was a cartoon, but she was hot! Paquin isn't really all that hot, in my opinion. Not sure who, as of now, but someone was probably better. Magneto was a buff dude in the comics. He wasn't all wimpy looking like he was in the movie. Again, I can't think of someone better, but I'm sure there is one out there.

I agree on Berry -- I thought she'd be perfect, but I now think Angela Bassett would have been ideal for that role. Tough, yet still pretty...and older/more mature.

As for their physical nature: the comic books were way overblown. The women were far too attractive/voluptous, and were in ridiculously good shape. The men had unrealistically large muscles/bodies.

Simulating their physical nature in the movies would have required an all-CGI feature, I think. You just can't find many men and women who are that comically attractive/in shape/whatever.

I think Basset would of been a perfect choice.

Also, I think good choices for an adult Rouge would of been Ali Landry or Charlie O'Neale. Not sure about their acting abilities, but as for looks they both could pull it off very well.

As for Jubilee, I think they should have had Alyssa Millano play her. She would of been perfect.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by OG-
I think Basset would of been a perfect choice.

Also, I think good choices for an adult Rouge would of been Ali Landry or Charlie O'Neale. Not sure about their acting abilities, but as for looks they both could pull it off very well.

As for Jubilee, I think they should have had Alyssa Millano play her. She would of been perfect.
You mean if they were to have Jubilee in the sequel you would want Milano to play her right?Cuz that charactor wasn't in the first one.She,d be great though.Or maybe she could have played rogue.