Meet the Parents sequel?

Tools    

I heard there is going to be a sequel to Meet the Parents called Meet the Fockers- that so?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Not sure, but to make a correction it's Fokker. ...

I looked on IMDB, but no word there. This is something that could hurt whoever plans to do it if there are plans of doing it. I really didn't get a kick out of Meet The Parents when I saw it. I mean it had laughs, but few and far between.
[Edited by spdrcr on 09-20-2001]
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hmmm... That was strange. You're one of the few people who didn't like that movie Spud, besides...me! I didn't think it was all that funny but I saw it at home not the theatre.

That's where I saw it too. I even watched it twice cause the first time i watched it I was laying in bed, and was tired so I thought might as well watch it again and see if I find it funnier. Nope

It's "Focker" actually...and I thought it was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I saw it in the theatres and was laughing constantly. Ben Stiller is one funny mutha'. To answer your question: yes, Meet the Fockers is very likely to go into production after Jay Roach finishes work on Austin Powers 3. The story will, apparently, have Greg's parents meeting Pam's parents...hence the title. I also read that, completely consistent with the first movie, the whole thing will involve Greg trying to hold things together, and falling on his face again and again.

Yes, apparently the idea is being kicked around (to be called Meet the Fockers), but it's not in pre-production yet. I don't even think they have a script. The early casting choice for the elder Fockers: Ben's real-life Mom & Pop, Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller. That works for me, they're both hilarious.

I didn't think Meet the Parents was genius or anything, but it was a solid comedy with genuine laughs, elevated for me by the presence of DeNiro, Stiller and Owen Wilson.

Guy
They're also doing a sequel to "Analyze This" which should be good as well! As long as they hire the same writers and cast.

Analyze This was a bit disappointing for me really.

Never saw Analyze This, but I heard it wasn't any good so never bothered to watch it. What would it be called?? Analyze It Again?

Like Meet the Parents, Analyze This wasn't a great movie by any definition, but it had plenty of decent laughs, and for me watching DeNiro do a self-conscious parody of his own persona (much like Brando in The Freshman) was a lot of fun.

And I think they'll call the sequel Analyze That.

Guy
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Like Meet the Parents, Analyze This wasn't a great movie by any definition, but it had plenty of decent laughs, and for me watching DeNiro do a self-conscious parody of his own persona (much like Brando in The Freshman) was a lot of fun.

And I think they'll call the sequel Analyze That.
I agree, I thought De Niro used every mob cliche in the book for his character, and I thought it worked. I think he even got a golden globe nomination for Analyze This.

theres also rumors of an analize this seaquel called like analize that or something
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

ohh nm somebody already posted that, now i feel dumb :bawl: