movies that you think will be good

Tools    

What upcoming movies do u think will be the best or you are just really excited about??
I think Oceans11 (great cast),
Spy Game (pitt's new movie),
K Pax (doesnt sound interesting until u see the preview), Novicaine (helena Boham Carter is my favorite actress and there arent enough dark comedys out there),
and The fellowship of the ring are all gonna be good movies.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
LOTR
Oceans 11
Spy Game
The Heist
Windtalkers
Collateral Damage
and K Pax

Rock God
what are they gonna do about the new matrix movies? aaliyah died i'm so sad...

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Lord of the Rings (all three)

Harry Potter (any and all that they end up making)

The Matrix parts 2 and 3

these, I agree. and KPax.

Spiderman! Thwip!

I heard on the radio that the studio was editing the Spiderman trailer that shows him hanging (by his Spidey thweads) on the World Trade Center. I understand why they're doing it, I suppose, but surely they're not going to remove the scene from the film!

The story I read said that sequence was created solely for the trailer and isn't in the movie itself (and was never intended to be).

Gangs of New York (Scorsese)
The Royal Tenenbaums (Wes Anderson)
The Man Who Wasn't There (The Coen Bros.)
Ocean's Eleven (Soderbergh)
Heist (Mamet)
Godsford Park (Altman)
Novocaine (David Atkins)
Mulholland Drive (Lynch)
City by the Sea (Michael Caton-Jones)
Serendipity (Peter Chelsom)
Vanilla Sky (Cameron Crowe)
Big Trouble (Barry Sonnenfeld)
K-Pax (Iain Softley)
Mosters Inc. (from Pixar)
Fellowship of the Ring (Peter Jackson)

All those are due out before year's end here in The States. Even with the slow start (with a few noteable exceptions: Memento, The Pledge, Made and The Princess & the Warrior tops of my list thus far), 2001 still has the potential to be one AMAZING year in Film.

[Edited by Holden Pike on 09-12-2001]

And as for upcoming films prominently featuring the Twin Towers, I heard the currently in-production Men In Black 2 has an elaborate sequence there, which will obviously now be reimagined someplace else entirely - at apparent great cost to the Studio, as those scenes were supposedly already deep in the post-production FX stages.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
[*] Spider-Man [*] FOTR[*] Ocean's 11[*] MiB2[*] Monsters Inc. [*] Matrix 2 & 3, (Aaliyah had a smaller part, wasn't a big role so no real loss to the film, that sounds bad, but I mean it won't be a major set back)
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

By the way, Holden, Big Trouble is no longer coming out this year. It's been pushed back at least into next year.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
And as for upcoming films prominently featuring the Twin Towers, I heard the currently in-production Men In Black 2 has an elaborate sequence there, which will obviously now be reimagined someplace else entirely - at apparent great cost to the Studio, as those scenes were supposedly already deep in the post-production FX stages.
I didn't hear that, but you could be right. I dunno if they'd be in post-production yet. The report I read said they'd be "re-writing" the ending, which, to me, implied that nothing needed to be re-done or re-shot...just re-written. I could be wrong, though.

Ryan -

I hadn't heard that about Big Trouble. I assume this is because part of the plot involves a bomb on a commercial airplane? Too bad. With that potentially hysterical cast and Sonnenfeld hopefully putting the Wild Wild West debacle behind him and returning to Get Shorty/Men In Black form, I was really looking forward to it.

Oh, well. Next year then!

collateral damage and Big Troble have moved their realese dates because of the terriost attack, probably to next year

I was looking forward Big Trouble, too. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

All the news about it is on http://www.DarkHorizons.com

Episode 2
Colleteral Damage - whenever it comes out
MIB2

and right off hand nothing else.

http://www.starwars-1.com

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's pretty bad when they have to change the dates/material in movies because something like this happens. Maybe they should rethink how they make their movies now, if they have to spend millions or whatnot to take out something that really should have been reconsidered in the first place.

Personally, I think it's silly to hold the release of movies after similar tragic events happen in reality, be it Columbine or Tuesday's terrors.

If Big Trouble - a dark comedy BTW - has a plot that concerns a commercial airline and bombs or what have you, it may keep some people away were it to open in a matter of days instead of months. But even the most unsophisticatd filmgoer understands that a movie released two weeks from now was finished long before this tragedy. However, if it isn't released until next spring or summer or whenever, then it begins to look like a project that maybe was completed AFTER the attacks, which would seem potentially offensive and off-putting to far more people.

I understand the overly-protective, politically correct, hyper-sensitive mode Corporations go into during such times, but I don't agree with it psychologically or practically. If it's a good, funny movie (no matter what the subject matter), genuine laughter for audiences will do more cosmic good than 'protecting' them from what some might possibly read into it. That line of thinking is a slippery slope.

But whatEVER. Certainly not a hardship by any resonable definition when compared to recent events. It's just a comedy I was looking forward to. Now I'll have to rely more heavily on Novocaine (which after reading a couple preliminary reviews from the Toronto Film Festival sounds like it's worth the wait!).

[Edited by Holden Pike on 09-13-2001]