The Others

Tools    

I'm going to see it. I like Nicole.

I saw a preview in tokyo. nicole speaks very good japanese.Looks good though, Ill watch when it shows up. Not like that stupid Haunting, that was so DUMB I HATED IT SO BAD!!!! Legend of Hell house is 20x better!!

Aaaaarrrrghghhhh, it means Little Darlin! but I didnt know!
Pigsnie (thats my bro) registerd here first, then I signed up after him & I called myself PigsnieLite. and then yesterday he tells me that Pigsnie actually means DARLING in welsh or somethin! he is so EVIL! EVIIILLLLL!!! But you can call me StudlyBoy, how bout that, hahaha!!

Trailers make it look like an atmospheric sort of film. I like ghost stories that don't hit you over the head with effects. A definite must-see.

Yeah, I agree -- all about the atmosphere. Perfect example: What Lies Beneath. That movie was very creepy, and was incredibly suspenseful, even though it had very little violence, and very few "jump scenes", as I call them.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Speaking of hauntings and all that...what ever happened with that movie house of 1000 corpses or whatever.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Man I've been waiting for that movie for soo long!! I can not wait for that movie to come it. Its gonna rule!

Just saw an ad: comes out this Friday, on the 10th. Aaah, what do I see: Osmosis Jones, or The Others? The previews for "Jones" look completely un-funny, but I'm convinced that that's simply due to poor marketing, because the Farrelly brothers are always funny.

Now With Moveable Parts
SPOILERZ: I just wanted to post my review on this movie,I really liked it.I'm so tired of the formula most "scary"movies follow:Scary=Violence,carnage & gore.What is truely scary are the movies that manage to play on our inner most fears.The Others manipulated the audiance into taking sides with the little family of three.Preying apon our emotions.We feel sorry that the mom has to be trapped in this dark house and we feel sad for these children who are so vulnerable...then BAM!All the sudden we realize we've been rooting for the wrong family!We see that Kidman's charactor was in denial about the tragidy that took place.Well done.I really enjoyed it.

I tell you sometimes I feel like a one man promoter of this film, but you must watch Ring (Ringu U.S title) by Hideo Nakata. You're comments lead me to believe it would be right up your alley. It's well known amongst horror fans in Britain as being one of the scariest films of all time. it really is an almost perfect exercise in psychological horror. Go out and buy it; If you don't like it i'll send you $20 to apologise!

Now With Moveable Parts
Sweet!As soon as I see it I'll create a little thread for us to discuss itIf it's gross though Ill find you and make you sleep with the lights on too!

Seen the others. Was pretty good.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i liked this one, i must concur.

very atmospheric. only 1 jump scene, or, maybe 1.5. better to let you wonder when.

i felt something was "up" cuz all the characters look shady. i had fun trying to figure out the puzzle along the way and see if I could guess right about the end. there is indeed a major plot twist but it's not as amazing and stunning as all the reviewers/critics were making it out to be. i guess it must have been major for them watching so much silly crap at the movies. but it was still very enjoyable. they just hyped it up a tad too much, they should have said less, it would have scared more people.

but i must say nicole really does have anal, tense, teary-eyed neurotic mom down to a T!! and that little girl was a nut, but I liked her. and nothing like that little boy's face, he was perfect! so pouty! heheh.