Twin Peaks 30th Anniversary

Tools    

Just found out that My favorite TV show, Twin Peaks is having its thirtieth anniversary today.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/a...niversary.html

I started watching the show on Netflix a month ago and I've been loving the quirky characters, twists and turns, and spooky atmosphere amplified by Angelo Badalamenti's amazing music.

Is anyone else currently watching this show?

I'm a huge fan of the show. I love oddball small town premises; love the music, lore, and warm cinematography too. I've gotten sucked into the first 2 seasons a few times, and may have loved the 3rd even more. Still haven't re-watched the 3rd because I want it to be fresh again when I revisit. Frost's books are good expansions of the lore as well (the 2nd is particularly helpful in understanding S3's ending). I'd love to go up to Washington for a Twin Peaks-fest one day.

Big fan of the show here too. I still think that it's quite incredible that after 25 odd years David Lynch actually got to complete the show. I remember watching the first two seasons around 2012, and was upset by how it ended. Then like all TV shows obviously you have fans wanting more, and people coming up with all sorts of rumours about a potential continuation. When the news actually hit, it was almost too good to be true, then nearly breaking down, then Lynch getting to direct every episode, and getting all the money and resources he needed. We are very fortunate that Showtime gave him that control, and I have no idea if they would have made money from it.

I rewatched the third season late last year with my brother, and recently purchased the new Z-A Blu-ray boxset, a bit pricey but a late Christmas treat for me and my brother.

I'm a huge fan of the show. I love oddball small town premises; love the music, lore, and warm cinematography too. I've gotten sucked into the first 2 seasons a few times, and may have loved the 3rd even more. Still haven't re-watched the 3rd because I want it to be fresh again when I revisit. Frost's books are good expansions of the lore as well (the 2nd is particularly helpful in understanding S3's ending). I'd love to go up to Washington for a Twin Peaks-fest one day.
I had no idea there were books, that'll be cool to check out when I'm done with the show.

Can't believe it's been 30 years since this show premiered. To be perfectly honest, I LOVED the first season, but lost interest after that, but it definitely carved itself a niche in TV history...there was nothing else on TV like it at the time.