Looking for title to 80's fantasy film

Tools    

Ok, movie buffs...I know this is a long shot, but this is seriously my last resort! I have a memory of a scene in a movie and I cannot for the life of me find this movie. It had to have been late 80's, anywhere between '87 and '89...maybe '90. My parents were pretty strict on what we watched and I think the only channel we got was Disney and it was on TV, not one of our VHS's. It had to have been a fantasy movie, most details I can't remember. What I do remember was...there was a boy, I think he was a prince, young (maybe early teens) and the scene I have in my head I believe is from the end of the movie. He is waiting at the end of a bridge for a white horse. I remember seeing the horse trotting towards him with a saddle and bridle; it's his horse, I'm pretty sure. I'm sorry, I know it's not much to go on. It's really not a big deal; it just runs through my head from time to time and it bugs me that I can't remember what movie it was! Thanks in advance.

No I literally just watched that last night thinking it may be it. It's on Amazon Prime. Thanks for trying though!

no, it's not that one either. That's a good movie though. I'm pretty sure it was fantasy, I thought there might have been giant frogs or something, but I could be making that up haha. The horse on the bridge I remember for sure.

And it's not Never Ending Story either. I actually thought it was, but I re-watched it last year. Not the right white horse!

It's probably something similar to Return to Oz, but I don't think there's a white horse in that one.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Wow. Did I see Christian Bale in the credits? Gosh. I want to watch Time Bandits now.

Mio in the Land of Faraway (1987)

Pretty sure this is it..............

OMG, I think you're right! Thank you! Now I have to watch it, haha.