Your top 5 of the year so far...

Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by Steve
I thought this movie was awfully contrived. It worked great as a tearjerker, but the pacing was all off and the cliches became much more apparent as a consequence. I liked a good bit of it, but come on...did Oguoye or whoever have to return?
It's certainly a melodrama and it has it's share of flaws, but overall it still felt genuine to Kong. The characters are really what made Kong like this film so much. They act and react in very realistic ways, and their relationships to one another wax and wane like real ones. Not only that, but the film did a very good job of showing how each character experienced the same things in radically different ways. Kong thought the pacing was fine, and eagerly anticipated each new development. As for Owuor's return, it's Kong's understanding that after Stefanie Zweig's family moved he did eventually follow them to their new farm so it makes since to put that reality into the movie.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I think this would be mine:

The Hulk ****
Finding Nemo ****
Identity ***1/2
Holes ***1/2
Hollywood Homocide ***1/2

Yet another change in Kong's list...

5. The Good Thief
4. Finding Nemo
3. Better Luck Tomorrow
2. Nowhere in Africa
1. Hero (The only **** of **** so far this year.)

I must become Caligari..!
Ok i have, Swapet phone booth for Bad Eggs
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

What is Bad Eggs about?

The King of Horror
My top five fav moives this year are in order

1.Identity
2.Phone Booth
3.Final Destonation 2 (sorry if the spelling is wrong)
4.Basic
5.Anger Mangment

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
What is Bad Eggs about?
Bad Eggs is an Aussie dark comedy about two cops working in Operation Zero Tollarance, A Special police force set up to investaget crooked cops. They start to uncover a huge scam that runs throught out the whole government.

Its quite good with the expetion of some over stylesd Scenes. If you get the chance check it out

i dont think ive seen any new movies this year.
i waited faithfully for 'warm water under a red bridge' (actually 2001, i think) to get a us release but apparently it didnt. boo hoo. maybe i misscalculated and it got released earlier? anyone else seen it/heard any news for a us release?
also kind of wanted to see 'spider' but heard from a reliable source that it was lacking in the ass fetish and body mutation departments; and what's a cronenberg movie without any of the above?

Originally Posted by linespalsy
i dont think ive seen any new movies this year.
i waited faithfully for 'warm water under a red bridge' (actually 2001, i think) to get a us release but apparently it didnt. boo hoo. maybe i misscalculated and it got released earlier? anyone else seen it/heard any news for a us release?
also kind of wanted to see 'spider' but heard from a reliable source that it was lacking in the ass fetish and body mutation departments; and what's a cronenberg movie without any of the above?
Warm Water Under a Red Bridge has been released on DVD and VHS in the U.S. Kong, unfortunately, hasn't seen it yet.

Impossible to pick a top anything so early in the year, though things look to get better very soon, at least for me [for I shall be seeing Man on the Train and American Splendor soon enough, and I expect to love them both].

So far:

01. The Night We Called It a Day
02. Identity
03. Alexandra's Project

I don't count The Good Thief as 2003, but as 2002. It was my fifth favourite of last year.

I have only seen five movies this summer all told, and was unhappy with three of them. From best to worst:

X2
28 Days Later
Hulk

Actually, the next two were so bad, I want to make sure you know I didn't care for them at all.

T3
Reloaded
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
I know this has gone on for a few pages but in relation to you picks on NU: ! post that pic of that fella running in black along side that kid in white.....hol;ly molly! that is directly from a dream I had. well nightmare really...onle long legged long armmed freak! well not a freak but in my dreams he is....I never saw the flick I will check it out.

I am not interseted in making a list as of yet...I will wait for a ladder date.

"I can't help it..."
The five best films of the year for me, in no particular order:

Hulk
Pirate Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl
25th Hour (Australian Release)
X-Men 2
Phone Booth
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

1. Identity
2. Matchstick Men
3. Finding Nemo
4. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. TIE: The Fighting Temptations and Open Range

Shake well before opening.
in no order.....

Old skool - WILL FARRELL IS MY BOY!

Seabiscuit- eh, a bit long

Terminator 3-.............HA, JUST KIDDING

Pirates of the Carribean- Though Depp just re-did his hunter s. thompson act and threw in some toshiro mifune i found it thoroughly kick ass

bah, who needs a fifth, or a 4th for those keeping track.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
I'm not following you FD6 I swear....
in no paricular order

1:.......Cabin Fever
2:.......Freddy vs. Jason...(I still havn't seen it but hells look at my avatar.)
3:.......
4:.....no wait matrix reloaded wasn't half bad.
5:......cabin fever.
ya its on there twice.....it has first and last cause I still havn't seen it.
and I'm giving it ample room for "suckprovment or "Improvment".

my top 5 are:

5. Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
4. Cabin Fever
3. X2
2. Finding Nemo
1. Pirates of the Carribean

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Gladiator (just saw it)
3. Identity
4. The Bourne Identity
5. Matrix Revolutions

Originally Posted by drexal parks
I'm not following you FD6 I swear....
in no paricular order

1:.......Cabin Fever
2:.......Freddy vs. Jason...(I still havn't seen it but hells look at my avatar.)
3:.......
4:.....no wait matrix reloaded wasn't half bad.
5:......cabin fever.
ya its on there twice.....it has first and last cause I still havn't seen it.
and I'm giving it ample room for "suckprovment or "Improvment".
I'm just noticing how your list consists of a film which you haven't seen listed twice, another film you haven't seen, a blank space, and a film that isn't "half bad"....

My top 5 are now (maybe, and in no order):

Identity
Open Range
American Splendor
Pirates of the Carribean
The Man on the Train