Isolation Horror, The King Kong Effect

Tools    

Right... I'm after some horror movies, but they have to be from a very specific type.

I call it "Isolation Horror" or, "The King Kong Effect"

Should involve 1 or more people, stuck in a situation and they have to get out. The environment itself is also a factor, with limited resources, hardly any weapons and stuff, and simply their wits and intelligence to escape.
  • Alien is a prime example. They're in a ship, isolated in space, with a creature that can kill them, they can't simply escape, and killing the creature will burn a hole in the ship... and they have no weapons. Aliens and Alien 3 also fit the bill pretty well.
  • Dog Soldiers as well is a good example. A group of soldiers, on a training mission in the middle of nowhere, end up in the sh*t and have to use limited resources to survive. There's no outside influences.
  • Tremors, another example. Bunch of people, isolated in the desert, big scary worms, the road gets trashed, limited resources, no radio or phone contact with the outside world.
  • Predator would fit the bill as well... but not Predator 2.

Things like Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Cloverfield and Godzilla for instance don't fit the category.
They're broader ranged, wide spread "disasters" with heavy and constant influences from the outside, and the main character/s can for intents and purposes, just drive or run away, use a phone, whatever, to escape.

New List:

10 Cloverfield Lane
30 Days Of Night
127 Hours
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection
Anaconda (1997)
As Above, So Below (2014)
ATM (2012)
Battle Royale
Black Water (2007)
The Blair Witch Project (1999)
Breathing Room (2007)
The Breed (2006)
Buried (2010)
The Cabin In The Woods
Circle (2015)
Crawl Or Die (2014)
Creep (2004)
Cube (1997)
Deep Blue Sea (1999)
Deep Rising (1998)
The Descent (2005)
Devil (2010)
The Dyatlov Pass Incident (aka; Devil’s Pass)
The Edge (1997)
The Evil Dead (1981)
Ex_Machina
Exam
Frozen (Adam Green 2010)
Green Room
The Grey
The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
The Hole (2001)
Howl (2015)
Hunger (2009)
Identity (2003)
King Kong (1933)
King Kong (1976)
Peter Jackson’s King Kong (2005)
Kong: Skull Island
Life (2017)
Life Of Pi
Open Water
Pandorum (2009)
Predator
Predators
REC
The Ruins (2008)
Saw (2004)
Shutter Island
Splinter (2008)
The Thing (1982)
Tremors
Triangle (2009)
Vile (2011)

I think REC is too similar to Romero's Dead movies and other Zombie films.
There's a lot of outside influences throughout the film.

There's a lot of outside influences throughout the film.
The only one i can think of is the dude in the hazmat suit that gets sent in. Otherwise everything is contained within the one setting, but you've seen it so it doesn't matter anyway.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not seen this yet tbh, but have heard about it
I hope you havent been given spoilers, Rattus. Really good. I think it's Vincenzo's best. 2nd one is terrible but then it picks up again, I think. Could be a good one for a weekend watch.

Welcome to the human race...
It's definitely one of the better examples that you didn't already list.

Another example that fits your criteria but I personally didn't care for is Black Water, a local movie about some tourists who get trapped in a croc-infested swamp.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
It's definitely one of the better examples that you didn't already list.

Another example that fits your criteria but I personally didn't care for is Black Water, a local movie about some tourists who get trapped in a croc-infested swamp.
I dont know why McLean did that. Vigilante croc. Yeh OK. Good if you get stuck at home on a freezing friday night and have nothing better to do than eat all your popcorn and petrify your arteries with salt.

Just for gits 'n' shiggles.....

ATM (2012)

....and now one that's far more enjoyable imo....

Splinter (2008)

Welcome to the human race...
I dont know why McLean did that. Vigilante croc. Yeh OK. Good if you get stuck at home on a freezing friday night and have nothing better to do than eat all your popcorn and petrify your arteries with salt.
Rodent never said they had to be good.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hrmmm...
Maybe Triangle (2009)
Gah, had another but lost it as I looked up the year above. grrr. lol.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Devil
Circle
Battle Royale
The Hole
Exam
Pandorum

Suspect's Reviews

Some cool stuff from you guys

@Camo I checked out REC. Yeah you're right
For some reason I thought it was more open in the terms of the world.