Tomb Raider Reboot

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Roar Uthaug is directing a reboot of Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander playing Lara Croftand it was just announced that Walton Goggins will play the villain of the film.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/walton-g...aider-villain/

If there's a hot women in it, men will watch it...

alica vikander as lara croft, do you think she s fit for the role or is she miscast?
i find her a bit skinny and lacking in the curves but i think she can pull it off really well, how about a comparison btw angelina jolie and alicia vikander who do u think fits most?
here s first look of alicia as lara croft
https://ibb.co/jFkZMF

I think Alicia Vikander will be excellent in the role, and the guy is an interesting choice of director too, rather enjoyed Cold Prey, The Wave and Escape. Look forwards to it, can't be any worse than that Cradle of Life movie...

I don't mean to sound rude, or like a stereotypical teen of the late 1990s... but Lara Croft lost her appeal when they decided to make her a bit less top heavy.

The original look of the character, was reminiscent of early 1990s fighting games, where the women were busty with wasp waists.

The appeal of Tomb Raider, was a kick-ass heroine who was sexy and sold millions of copies to teenaged boys. When they made Lara more realistic, the games failed to sell and the character as a whole became obsolete, regardless of how well made the puzzle game actually were, Tomb Raider's success was hinged solely on Lara's look.

In the Beginning...
I don't mean to sound rude, or like a stereotypical teen of the late 1990s... but Lara Croft lost her appeal when they decided to make her a bit less top heavy.

The original look of the character, was reminiscent of early 1990s fighting games, where the women were busty with wasp waists.

The appeal of Tomb Raider, was a kick-ass heroine who was sexy and sold millions of copies to teenaged boys. When they made Lara more realistic, the games failed to sell and the character as a whole became obsolete, regardless of how well made the puzzle game actually were, Tomb Raider's success was hinged solely on Lara's look.
Respectfully, I disagree. I grew up with the original Tomb Raider games as well, but Tomb Raider (2013) is so much better in every conceivable way, and that starts with the character. She's strong, she's beautiful, she's clever, she's resilient, and she doesn't need big boobs to be any of those things. Her story is far deeper, far more compelling, than it ever was in the 1990s.

The studio is very smart to mirror the video game reboot, as it centers less on style and more on real struggle, and Alicia Vikander is a dynamite actress. Like the game, the film has the potential to be a surprise success. It's a shame so many people still believe Lara Croft's only redeeming quality is her physical sex appeal. They could very well miss out on a very intense, enjoyable film. I'm definitely seeing it, though.

By the way, although sales initially staggered in 2013, the Tomb Raider reboot went on to sell 8.5 million copies, a record for the franchise.

Respectfully, I disagree. I grew up with the original Tomb Raider games as well, but Tomb Raider (2013) is so much better in every conceivable way, and that starts with the character. She's strong, she's beautiful, she's clever, she's resilient, and she doesn't need big boobs to be any of those things. Her story is far deeper, far more compelling, than it ever was in the 1990s.

The studio is very smart to mirror the video game reboot, as it centers less on style and more on real struggle, and Alicia Vikander is a dynamite actress. Like the game, the film has the potential to be a surprise success. It's a shame so many people still believe Lara Croft's only redeeming quality is her physical sex appeal. They could very well miss out on a very intense, enjoyable film. I'm definitely seeing it, though.

By the way, although sales initially staggered in 2013, the Tomb Raider reboot went on to sell 8.5 million copies, a record for the franchise.
Agreed, maybe I was too old to get ensnared by oversized pixelated boobs, But I was never a fan of the original series, got the 2013 TR in a bundle and loved every second of it.

He just wants Jolie back in the role.
Now?

I mean Jolie's still a beautiful woman and all, but I saw her on some show the other day and was kind of shocked, the years are starting to show.. She looks more like Lara Croft's mother now

This might just do nobody any good.
I don't particularly think Lara Croft is material for a great movie but I hope we can get something fun out of this and Vikander's been the best thing out of pretty much everything I've seen her in.

Plus, Walton Goggins (supposedly) playing a villainous priest. Yes.

I also hope this doesn't get in her way to playing Spider-Woman in Captain Marvel. C'mon Feige, make it happen!

i have to second you on that, i ve played both games the reboots, tomb raider and rise of the tomb raider, both superb games and a great take on the character making her realistic

I don't particularly think Lara Croft is material for a great movie but I hope we can get something fun out of this and Vikander's been the best thing out of pretty much everything I've seen her in.

Plus, Walton Goggins (supposedly) playing a villainous priest. Yes.

I also hope this doesn't get in her way to playing Spider-Woman in Captain Marvel. C'mon Feige, make it happen!
Well, she COULD be, she's basically a female Indiana Jones.. Even he had some basic puzzles in his tombs... it all depends on the story and director.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I dont play video games but I loved the movie and Alicia rocks.

I for one, am ONLY seeing this movie because Alicia Vikander is in it. I think she's great, and seems to a good choice to play a badass female Indiana Jones type.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Alicia V fits. Jolie never did. The only bad thing about AV would be ballerina feet. That's it.

I really liked Angelina in TR. Loved her accent and her arrogance, her body was rocking, and she was just an all out kick ass chiklet, but I'm looking forward to Alicia. Angelina at the moment has lost too much weight with that divorce.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
They have released a pic of AV and of course she looks the part. The plot synopsis is cliched, but what action/adv movie isn't?

Love Walter Coggins, but I don't know about him as the villain. Kinda like JDM as Neegan. When you see his build, he comes across looking frail.

They have released a pic of AV and of course she looks the part. The plot synopsis is cliched, but what action/adv movie isn't?

Love Walter Coggins, but I don't know about him as the villain. Kinda like JDM as Neegan. When you see his build, he comes across looking frail.

She looks gorgeous as usual. And I love Walt. He didnt look too frail in SoA. Pretty built, really.