My Top 100 Films!!

Tools    

This is a thread (obviously) listing my 100 favourite films. I will list the films usually in bursts of three, and if a film looks low down that's because originally this was going to be a top 250 list but i couldn't organise the others into an order i saw fit. Anyway, enjoy!

(NOTE:) I can't actually post pictures yet, so pictures will come at around No. 75!

100. The Double (2014) - Richard Ayoade

Richard Ayoade's The Double is a dark, witty look into a man's mind. Can any man be replaced? He carries the themes from the original story well, as well as making the film visually appealing. For this reason The Double starts my list.

99. Inland Empire (2006) - David Lynch

Lynch's most recent feature was new territory for the him, this was his switch over to digital. However i think he utilised the technology well, creating a film that feels as sporadic as the way in which it was crafted.

98. Cinderella (1950) - Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson, & Hamilton Luske

This film is probably my favourite Disney film. Though sometimes problematic, i feel the story is heartwarming and uplifting. Disney has never made such a magical film since.

97. The Kid With a Bike (2011) - Jean Pierre & Luc Dardenne

This incredibly simple film strikes me as beautiful in it's simplicity. I have been a fan of the Dardenne brothers for a while now, however i feel neither of their Palme d'Or wins match this. The film carries a hard-hitting yet rewarding story, which the simplicity of the photography allows to flow unencumbered.

96. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) - Joel & Ethan Coen

The Coen Brothers' Odyssey adaptation is, to me, a wonderful film. Firstly it is an uplifting film about the depression age, which is refreshing. Secondly the film carries a host of stellar performances by it's cast. And finally the way in which the film is crafted makes you feel as though you are along for the ride.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've seen The Double, Cinderella and O Brother Where Art Thou, although none of them are favourites of mine, this looks like it will be an interesting list

Just a quick tip Pasolini, if you're gonna do a favorites countdown, you might wanna take down the favorites in your profile for now. It kind of spoils what your top 10 will be. Then when you're done you can put them back.

Just a quick tip Pasolini, if you're gonna do a favorites countdown, you might wanna take down the favorites in your profile for now. It kind of spoils what your top 10 will be. Then when you're done you can put them back.
I already thought of that! My favourites aren't my top 10, just a flavor of what i like, but thank you for the thought!!

95. Reservoir Dogs (1991) - Quentin Tarantino

A cult classic, Reservoir Dogs for me is an excellent example of how an unusual combination of genres can work. With elements of both a chamber drama and (obviously) a heist film, Tarantino's debut is something to admire.

94. Dr. Mabuse the Gambler (1922) - Fritz Lang

Fritz Lang's epic film about a criminal mastermind shows what the work of a true genius can do with quite a hammy plot. With this film Lang shows true craftsmanship, Dr. Mabuse is one of his many masterpieces.

93. 28 Days Later (2002) - Danny Boyle

Though I dislike Danny Boyle, this film proves that the help of an ingenious cinematographer can allow a director to make something special. Anthony Dod Mantle's work on 28 Days Later is something to behold. He captures scenes that would usually require massive preperation with ease using tricks he picked up in Denmark.

So far my favorites are Reservoir Dogs and Cinderella. I also like 28 Days Later, but I'm one of the few who prefers the sequel. O Brother was just ok for me.

Looking forward to the rest!

97. The Kid With a Bike (2011) - Jean Pierre & Luc Dardenne

This incredibly simple film strikes me as beautiful in it's simplicity. I have been a fan of the Dardenne brothers for a while now, however i feel neither of their Palme d'Or wins match this. The film carries a hard-hitting yet rewarding story, which the simplicity of the photography allows to flow unencumbered.
Great to see a Dardenne Brothers film...