The Incredibles 2

Tools    

It is happening!

http://thefilmstage.com/news/pixar-c...-2-and-cars-3/

I'm not sure if I should be happy, because The Incredibles actually is the only Pixar movie that could be able to pull off a sequel, or sad, because Pixar continues its sequel streak and stays away from new original storylines.

What's your reaction to this news?

Ignore the mention of a possible Car 3...

UGH. PLEASE STOP, PIXAR.

Toy Story 3 was better than the original and Toy Story 2 was pretty good, but Cars 2 and Monsters University blew. Big time. (So did Brave, but it's not a sequel.) I'll seat myself firmly in the "this is not good news" section. Same for Finding Dory.

the incredibles is the most sequel-able film of all of pixar's oeuvre, but i still wish they would focus more on original work.

didn't see cars 2 and there's no way in hell i'm going to see cars 3 so whatever.

I agree with Inmate, Incredibles was more sequel friendly than Cars or Monsters Inc.

And seeing how superhero/comicbook films are doing well, Incredibles would be a nice family friendly take, also spoofing some elements like the first one did.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
My reaction is making a mental note to watch the original Incredibles in the near future.

Love to see a sequel, just hope they get some good writing for it. That's really all that's gonna matter to me.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Neat. I liked the first Incredibles movie quite a lot, while I don't suspect it'll be as good as the original, I have hopes that it can be a step up from how Monsters University was as a sequel.

I am excited about the new Incredibles 2 movie and have always wanted it since I saw the first movie. It sucks that it took them so long to finally decide to make a second one but I am also a little worried about the story line and how much time has passed for the characters in the movie. I also do not want it to turn out like the Toy Story movies because i think it had to man sequels.

Definitely the most sequel friendly movie within Pixar's wheelhouse. I can't believe it took this long.

I'm, interested in seeing how this plays out, but I'm not really so excited that I can't wait either. It's not my favorite animated kids movie by a long shot, so they can take their time with it. They waited this long, so why not? If it ends up being rushed, then I'll have a real problem.

UGH. PLEASE STOP, PIXAR.

Toy Story 3 was better than the original and Toy Story 2 was pretty good, but Cars 2 and Monsters University blew. Big time. (So did Brave, but it's not a sequel.) I'll seat myself firmly in the "this is not good news" section. Same for Finding Dory.
Indeed. Sequels suck big time.

So are they sticking with that Underminer villain that they hinted at in the first movie and eventually made a video game out of?

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
So are they sticking with that Underminer villain that they hinted at in the first movie and eventually made a video game out of?
No, the movie will start out with the underminer in an action set piece, but the rest of the movie will be entirely different.

DC Movie and Show fanatic
been waiting for this for years......good or not, I'll be in the theater watching

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I'm still quite fond of the original for some reason, so I'll be watching it.....at the very least.

Just hope they don't decide to pump out 20 fastfood sequels after this..................