Stirchley’s Fashion Thread

Tools    

Came across this unknown photograph of Grace Kelly & her Hèrmes bag. Is she carrying her dry cleaning or a movie costume?

She was so beautiful.

Like many women, I love bags of all kinds. The Victoria & Albert Museum in London has an exhibition of bags right now. From ancient ones to modern day.

This frog is from the 17th century.

This was used to keep money in. The initials ER denote that it was used in the reign of Elizabeth I.

The lady of the house or the housekeeper (chatelaine) would have kept the household keys & whatever else was useful to her on her clothes like this.

So fascinating that these things have survived all this time.

Stella Tennant, a British super-model, has suddenly died at age 50. Sad & surprising news.

Love Melania’s Gucci kaftan & Roger Vervier flats. I could totally rock this outfit.

Loved this pink coat & scarf on Kamala Harris’s great-niece. My favorite Inauguration outfit, I think.

Photos from yesterday at Royal Ascot in England, which was cancelled last year due to COVID-19.

OMG, could this Scot be more handsome.

My favorite outfit (except the shoes & stockings).

Beyond cute.

This strawberry dress trended a couple of years ago. Guessing she bought it for last year’s Ascot & couldn’t wear it. Saved it & brought it out yesterday. So pretty. (Her shoes also trended a couple of years ago. Several women were wearing them yesterday so guessing they were all stashed away last year & couldn’t be worn.)

Photos from yesterday at Royal Ascot in England, which was cancelled last year due to COVID-19.

OMG, could this Scot be more handsome.

My favorite outfit (except the shoes & stockings).

Beyond cute.

This strawberry dress trended a couple of years ago. Guessing she bought it for last year’s Ascot & couldn’t wear it. Saved it & brought it out yesterday. So pretty. (Her shoes also trended a couple of years ago. Several women were wearing them yesterday so guessing they were all stashed away last year & couldn’t be worn.)
gosh the outfits looked stunning!

I would kill for this beautiful sundress, but I’d be out of luck because this photo was taken in 1957. The simple styling of the model, such as her boho bracelets, is as relevant today as it was then. Amazing. And which woman around the world hasn’t owned an exact pair of sandals like this.

Dress designed by famous American designer Claire McCardell.

The Met Gala 2021 was full of shock-value outfits - photogenic, but mostly unflattering. (Surely fashion should be somewhat attractive?)

Whoopi Goldberg sums up for me the hideousness of most of the outfits. Who would leave the house in this un-steamed monstrosity?

Kendall Jenner is so beautiful, but we’ve seen this look on her before. Nevertheless, she looks amazing.

Julia Garner looked very nice. One theme this year was undergarments showing through a sheer over-garment. Whatever.

My favorite was Lily-Rose Depp who looked so pretty. Love her shoes too.

@AgrippinaX, the gradient dress you described would mean an ombré dress to me. When I looked them up I see the term ombré gradient is used here, which I never heard before.

This dress is so pretty - not for me though.

@AgrippinaX, the gradient dress you described would mean an ombré dress to me. When I looked them up I see the term ombré gradient is used here, which I never heard before.

This dress is so pretty - not for me though.

Yes, you’re right - ombré would be more accurate. I like the one above, but mine is longer.

Yes, you’re right - ombré would be more accurate. I like the one above, but mine is longer.
As you say, you have two good ones to choose from. Decisions, decisions.

Indeed. A tough spot to be in. And I have a whole week to change my mind again and again.
‘Tis a pity you can’t wear both dresses.