Isolation Horror, The King Kong Effect

Tools    

Some cool stuff from you guys

@Camo I checked out REC. Yeah you're right
For some reason I thought it was more open in the terms of the world.
There's a sequel and an english remake called Quarantine (and a Quarantine 2 actually) too. Haven't seen any of those but i guess they are the same thing.

Yeah I caught the first 30 minutes of Quarantine a little while back. Wasn't impressed tbh.
REC is solid though.

You know what started me on this?
The Grey Podcast... and Slappy mentions that what happens to the characters, has no bearing whatsoever to the outside world.
Quoting from memory, he said "The world will probably learn of the crash, and that they died... but the outside world won't know how they died or what they went through. Also, what happens in the film, doesn't change the world and has no influence on anyone apart from the main characters".

Made me kinda realise that this theme of horror/thriller is something I'm drawn to.

The sequel (astoundingly called [•REC]²) would count as well. Not seen the remakes and no interest in them.

The sequel (astoundingly called [•REC]²) would count as well. Not seen the remakes and no interest in them.
Stop ignoring my posts Chyp i'm a human being!

There's a sequel and an english remake called Quarantine (and a Quarantine 2 actually) too. Haven't seen any of those but i guess they are the same thing.

Stop ignoring my posts Chyp i'm a human being!
Firstly I didn't - you haven't seen the sequel so could not be entirely sure and secondly - no you're not, you're a tigger

They're not part of the same series are they?
lol. Triangle is pretty good. It does fit into this IMO but in a very unique way, think you might like it. No clue what the film Circle is.

Edited in "the film" coz i had anticipated Chyp posting a picture of a circle

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Right... I'm after some horror movies, but they have to be from a very specific type.

I call it "Isolation Horror" or, "The King Kong Effect"

Should involve 1 or more people, stuck in a situation and they have to get out. The environment itself is also a factor, with limited resources, hardly any weapons and stuff, and simply their wits and intelligence to escape.

The Star Trek original series episode "Arena" isn't a movie, (and it's not horror), but it fits the rest of the criteria.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5v2nwm

That's exactly what I'm after tbh.
I know I said horror, and most of my examples are horror, but thriller, drama etc are all good.

Hoping "King Kong Effect" kinda sums up the other genres in the theme

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Why are you asking for these suggestions, Rattus - movie binge or something far more nefarious? Ryan Reynolds is surprisingly impressive. If you havent received spoilers dont seek them out!

And maybe this one? Henriksen does not fail to deliver

Death Tube
Are You Scared? (2006)
Hunger (2009)
Vile (2011)
Breathing Room (2007)

Dang it. I forgot I started this thread.
Sorry for the lack of reps and replies.

I just thought of another that would fit the bill.

Ex_Machina (2015)

I don't have any films to add, but this is a cool idea for a list and definitely feels like it nearly qualifies as it's own sub-sub-genre of horror.

And Deep Rising (1998)

Tried to get it on DVD a few times, and I've just found out it's not in print any more

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
And Deep Rising (1998)

Tried to get it on DVD a few times, and I've just found out it's not in print any more
Not sure if this helps any, but it's been out on Blu-ray (though only available in this double feature) for a few years now.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Deep-R...Blu-ray/52739/