What was the last film to become one of your favourites?

Tools    

Di je Karlo?
For me it was War of the Worlds 1953. One time I gave it flak for making changes from the book, but now I see it as a great loose adaptation, and one of the best disaster movies out there. It keeps the book's idea of humanity beig hopelessly outmatched, and presents it with great escalation, great pacing, just the right amount of subtlety, very tastefully handled effects, and I'd say, some of the best action scenes in any film. I even appreciate the new undertone of never losing hope. Again, very tastefully done, never cheesy. Sci-fi is really hit-or-miss for me, but this was a total bullseye.

Ex Machina

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Les misérables (1925)

Absolute. Back when blockbusters could be marvelous masterpieces based on marvelous literature.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I like the Misfits.
My wife is into wild horse and Burro and German Shepard rescue and placement.
She’s really successful at it too.

I thought she might like the Misfits too.
Nope wrong.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	E3A410E4-DF89-4483-9885-15B8438C1266.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	91726  

I just saw four really good films, all of which I borrowed through inter-library loan. I have yet to actually buy them, but at present they're on my shopping list. I have no idea where they're going to fit on my favorites list, but I'll work that out eventually.

I like the Misfits.
My wife is into wild horse and Burro and German Shepard rescue and placement.
She’s really successful at it too.

I thought she might like the Misfits too.
Nope wrong.

Oh dear, yikes.

The truth is in here
Triangle Of Sadness
Don't Look Up
12 Years A Slave
The Bad Seed
Whiplash

One is from last year, 4 of them from 2021. Odd disrepancy for sure, but you can't predict when the next excellent movie arrives.

Benjamin Button came on the other night.
My second viewing.
Amazed at the fantastic special effects.

Taraji Penda Henson should have received the Oscar.

Didn't think too much to Nolan's "Dunkirk" on the first time of viewing but re-watching it I think it's superb. It's definitely up among my favourites at this moment.

I saw Infernal Affairs for the first time just a few months ago, I know for sure it’s going to stay with me for a very long time, incredible movie.

Didn't think too much to Nolan's "Dunkirk" on the first time of viewing but re-watching it I think it's superb. It's definitely up among my favourites at this moment.

It's pretty to look at and formally interesting. There is something rather flat about it, however. It's kind of like looking a pretty flower pressed dead into a book. It's a film about the old British stiff upper lip that has a stiff upper lip. It's a little too British to be rousing? It fits as it is basically a culture writing a love-letter to itself, but it is a little sterile.