Early examples of restyled title idents?

Tools    

Restyling studio idents at the beginning of a film, making them chronologically appropriate to the story or otherwise incorporating them into a movie has become a bit of a tiresome cliché. Notable examples are the green-hued WB logo opening The Matrix and the visual puns of the Paramount ident in the Indiana Jones films. What are the earliest examples of the trend? The earliest I can think of is The Sting, 1973 (anachronistic Universal logo). I expect there must be earlier examples.

Apologies if this is an old topic; I did search first.

Thanks James, a good one. You have also reminded me of another comic example: the gong man in Carry On Up the Khyber (1968), prompting Kenneth Williams' character to exclaim "Rank stupidity!"

Columbia Pictures seemed to have a particular sense of humor regarding its own iconic "Torch Lady". The perfect example was "The Mouse That Roared", where she looks down, sees a mouse near her feet, and runs away. In "Strait-Jacket" her head is cut off! And in another William Castle film "Zotz" she has a brief chat with the director. And at the closing credits she says to the audience "Zotz all!"
"Cat Ballou" has her costume change via animation into a wild west get-up including guns a-blazing. And in "Bye Bye Birdie" the torch's flame morphs into the film's title.