What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

Looking forward to Affleck's (the own-brand Clint?) treatise on the well known UK catalogue store chain.

I bet ya it's about consumerism. An ting.

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection.

Two reasons:

1.) Vertigo in not yet out on blu-ray, but it is on the collection.
2.) It went down from 80-something-pounds to £60.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection.

Two reasons:

1.) Vertigo in not yet out on blu-ray, but it is on the collection.
2.) It went down from 80-something-pounds to £60.
That's been on my Amazon wishlist for a while now and 60 quid does look tempting. Don't have any of the titles on BD either.

Hmmm.

Apocalypse Now Collector's Edition Blu-ray.

One of my very favourite films, includes the documentary Hearts of Darkness which I hear is brilliant, then there's a load of bonus features, cards, booklets with it. Reading what Coppola writes about the film and what they went through makes the film seem even more of an 'epic' masterpiece.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pe thl.png
Views:	114
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	10567

Two more, Blu-rays of The Hurt Locker and Public Enemies, less than £3 each including postage, thought that was cheap so picked them up, first is very well acclaimed whilst the second is to a lesser extent although tends to still have positive reviews, I want to watch more Mann films as I loved Heat.

Not Enough Time
What Do You Know (Reese Witherspoon, rom com)
The Social Network
Reservoir Dogs
Planet 51
Crazy Stupid Love
Walk The Line
CrazyHeart

cause I was at target and I wanted to buy dvds and so I bought them

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

At Barnes and Noble over the weekend, I was browsing the Criterion Collection that I love so very much, and ended up buying Brazil and Naked Lunch.
I love movies about dystopian futures, and I've heard nothing but good things about Brazil. I believe that Steve Zaragoza of Sourcefed once cited it as an all time favorite of his.
As for Naked Lunch, David Cronenberg's name on the cover was what initially caught my attention. Add to that the weird synopsis on the back, which sounded like it was right up my alley. I don't know if Naked Lunch is considered a horror film, but more than likely I'll be talking about it in my Blind Horror Reviews at some point.
I almost got the original version of The Blob, too, but they only had one copy and I could hear the disc moving around inside the box when I shifted it around. That kills me.

Unregistered User
It's a fantastic collection, which reminds me that I need to buy the other one. It's been on my Amazon wish list for years.
Cant wait to watch it. In the end it was a choice of this boxset or Neo Realist one containing Bicylcle thieves, Umberto D etc but i'll get that next time.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

1. It's amazingly awesome!
2. It was $5 and I couldn't pass it up!
it's amazing what you can find in the bargain bins these days. A large part of my collection is just that. Though i did have 2 Blockbusters stores close nearby and they were selling DVD's for REAL cheap, went hog wild at one and missed alot of the good ones at the other.
Been a while since i picked up a new DVD

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
it's amazing what you can find in the bargain bins these days. A large part of my collection is just that. Though i did have 2 Blockbusters stores close nearby and they were selling DVD's for REAL cheap, went hog wild at one and missed alot of the good ones at the other.
Been a while since i picked up a new DVD
Yeah, I picked up Heat, Predators, Insidious and Law Abiding Citizen all from the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Reservoir Dogs was on the shelf for $5 which no one seems to look much.

I went to Dollar General as well as some flea markets today, and found these for cheap:
Equilibrium & Renaissance: Paris 2054 Double Feature - I've mentioned previously that I enjoy dystopian future movies, and Equilibrium is one I've been meaning to see. Renaissance also looks like it'll be good. This came with a separate box containing Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, which is still wrapped in plastic and sitting on top of my stack of movies to take to Half-Priced Books.
John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! - I saw this special on Comedy Central a few years ago and liked it. My favorite part was his Ewok impression
Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale - I've watched this one a few times before. Gaffigan is one of my favorite comedians, and he just so happens to be from my home state, Indiana.
Step Brothers - I've been getting more into Will Ferrell recently. I enjoyed Anchorman a lot more than I thought I would, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Singapore Sling - I like foreign films, and I like disturbing horror pictures. This one falls under both of those categories.
Masters of Terror; The Prophecy, The Crow: Wicked Prayer, The Nameless, and Ritual - I already have The Prophecy, but the main attraction here was Ritual, because it's a Tales from the Crypt movie. The Nameless also looks like it could be good.
Wreckage - A pretty generic-looking horror film, but this was distributed by Phase 4, which has provided some good movies in the past. So I might end up liking it.

Django Unchained UK Steelbook, because it's a great film and means that I have all of Tarantino's films in my collection still.
I bought that one too, gorgeous looking blu-ray steelbook. Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown are getting new steelbooks released in Britain too, so can't wait for those.

Equilibrium & Renaissance: Paris 2054 Double Feature - I've mentioned previously that I enjoy dystopian future movies, and Equilibrium is one I've been meaning to see. Renaissance also looks like it'll be good.
Nice additions. Equilibrium is an underrated science fiction film, brilliant film. Renaissance is a decent animation from France, was not blown away by it but still worth the look, it's got a fantastic soundtrack/score though.