The Godfather Saga

→ in
Tools    

what is your favourite part of the saga?
56.76%
42 votes
Part I
40.54%
30 votes
Part II
2.70%
2 votes
Part III
74 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Man of La Movies
Since I read the book first, I still think of Godfather 1 & 2 as one movie...one brilliant 5 hour movie. The third one is one of the biggest travesties ever put on film in my opinion...Andy Garcia and sofia Coppola ruin the film.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by samq79
...The third one is one of the biggest travesties ever put on film in my opinion...Andy Garcia and sofia Coppola ruin the film.
Harsh. I've always maintained that Part III's biggest problem is that it had to follow I & II.

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by Ophelia
'Girl you know it's... *scratch* Girl you know it's... *scratch* Girl you know it's... *scratch*'
That song was great. As is your knowledge of it.

Part I is the greatest and will forever remain the greatest solely because of the baptism/murder scene. Al Pacino's role in that movie is priceless

My favourite movie of all time has got to be The Godfather. The Godfather Part II is awesome but definitely not as awesome as The Godfather Part I. Even people from 13-80 will think The Godfather Part I is good. Godfather Part II is one of my favourite movies but I don't think it isn't non-stop amazing like Godfather Part I. Part II has some boring parts such as when he was talking to Hyman Roth in Cuba, but other than that Godfather Part II was great. I also missed Marlon Brando as Don Corleone in Part II, they just showed young Don Corleone. My pick goes to Part I. As for Part III, well it was mediocre but some people either say it's great or sucks like the Simpsons figure.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Two is the best. You see the cold persona of Michael, broken. And the only people that have the ability to hurt him, are the people he loves the most. The emotion in the second one is what makes the second one better.

I was thinking that. I go for the first one definitely, I really enjoyd Robert de Niro's scenes in Part II but I found Pacino's a bit dragging.

I am Jack's custom user title...
I read the book prior to watching the movie and it kind of changes the experience.I thought the book was great but when I saw the movies I was hooked.The Trilogy is one of the greatest films ever made and of course the first two episodes seem to be original, the best ones but lets not forget that without the third it wouldn't be as good so i suggest we look at it as a whole instead of 3 sepparate movies as it was originally written.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Since I read the book first, I still think of Godfather 1 & 2 as one movie...one brilliant 5 hour movie. The third one is one of the biggest travesties ever put on film in my opinion...Andy Garcia and sofia Coppola ruin the film.
I was under the impression that the only thing from Godfather Part II that was in the book was the flashbacks with Robert DeNiro as the young Vito Corleone. I thought all of the stuff with Hyman Roth was written by Copolla. Again I don't know, I've just seen the movies and listened to the audio commentary, but that's the impression I got.

As far as the movies, I think The Godfather Part II is better. As a Marlon Brando fan (what? Yeah I know who isn't?) I didn't think he was anything great as Don Vito. I actually enjoy DeNiro as the character far more than Brando. Maybe that's because DeNiro is actually Italian and actually spoke the language with a real accent while combing the mannerisms of Brando's character.

The story is also more interesting and more tradgic. I like the fall into evil of the second film more than the dueling familes of the first one. The story is just so much better in the second I think. Plus the second had Lee Strasberg.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I don't understand people saying part 3 is bad. It was a great movie, most of all the great suspensfull ending and emtional anti-climax.

Ooo I love the Godfather trilogy. Brilliant films! 1&2 are my favorites but 3 has my favorite ending.

The script by Coppola and Puzo is interesting, but it seems too try a bit too hard to be an epic at times. It just serves as a reminder that this film was not needed as an intallment in the series. "The Godfather Part" was great, "The Godfather Part II" was superb, "The Godfather Part III" is probably the best film of 1990. Which, looking back at twenty years from now, probably won't amount to a hill of beans. But it's a start.

I am 100% certain that I saw the Genco Abbandando deathbed scene that takes place right after Connie's wedding in GF 1 in the original theatrical release. Am I the only person alive who saw it, or am I off my rocker?

The third Godfather is the best because it's the most recent and the first two were just practice.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
The third Godfather is the best because it's the most recent and the first two were just practice.
Are you kidding me. Even I wouldn't say that haha. I thought three was horrible and I mean that. Horrible. Part II was amazing because of the flashbacks it just created a way better film.

I agree. Plagiarism is the bane of our society.
Plagiarism can't be helped. Even William Shakespeare was guilty when he wrote his plays.