What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

I agree with Henry portrait of a serial killer. Also most horror, WO II and extreme action movies are almost unwatchable. Also Sin city, Scarface, From dusk till dawn, The thing, Passion of the Christ, 'Tina: what's love got to do with it, The shining, The fly, Mississipi burning, Amadeus (the end), Amen, Alien, Misery,

Fight Club was diturbing. Can't say my stomach wasn't a little queasy.
In no way did i find Fight Club disturbing...its one of my favourite films

I own:

Happiness (disturbed me slightly)
American history X (bothered a little when i first watched it)
A Clockwork Orange (love it)
Requiem for a Dream (was uncomfortable with one scene)
Trainspotting
Fear and Loathing
Eraserhead (love the movie...though i dont understand how it disturbs people...)
Blue Velvet
Jacobs Ladder
Kids
Gummo
(and few other i cant think of at the moment...)

and none of them have done any damage...any suggestions?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You want me to suggest a film which WILL cause damage???

You'll probably find this mild, but how about Singapore Sling?

OH...Wild Tigers i have know kind of disturbed me...

The surreal aspects of that movie (pretty much the whole movie) are amazing...but are definately unsettling at times...

Damn...i almost purchased Oldboy today...didnt really know if it was good...

and i would very much like to buy begotten...but ive never seen a new copy of it...

For some reason this movie makes me feel uncomfortable.

Un Chien Andalou

If you like Dali's paintings for their surrealist content, you'd be wise to check this movie out. Dali was one of the two directors.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I TELL YOU ALL!! TROLL IS THE MOST DISTURBING FILM! and the last days of disco (it's disturbingly pretentious)

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
I just watched Se7en last night, the murders were insanely creepy (especially because they were so perfect). Kevin Spacey makes an excellent serial killer .

Oh also, I dont know if anyone else has played this, but that movie was defintely the inspiration for the game Condemned (360).

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Hi everyone!
Two of the most disturbing movies I've seen:
1- The Passion of the Christ
2- The Pianist

I guess horror movies don't disturb me anymore. Simple things disturb me.
Do you feel the same?

Just the other day, Catherine Deneuve's performance in Roman Polanski's Repulsion worked its way nearly all the way under my skin.

I don't know if it's the MOST disturbing film, but it worked for me more than any I've watched in a while.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Hi everyone!
Two of the most disturbing movies I've seen:
1- The Passion of the Christ
2- The Pianist

I guess horror movies don't disturb me anymore. Simple things disturb me.
Do you feel the same?
I think the older you get the more it's like that, it's why teens are the ones who go out and actually watch stupid gross-out horror movies while adults go out and get disturbed by movies like the 2 you listed.

+Ring

+Schindler's List, especially disturbing watching it as a Jew.
Absolutely, Marcellus.

Other disturbing, but good films I've seen, are as follows:

Gloria, starring Gena Rowlands, as a tough mafia moll who befriends and helps a 6-year-old Puerto Rican boy whose parents get knocked off by the mob, and they end up going on the lam together. it's funny in some parts, although rather sadistic on the long run.

Ground Truth This, too, is a disturbing film, but is a way to make people aware of what our soldiers coming home from Iraq have had to go through while in Iraq, and back at home.

There Will Be Blood is a very well-done film, worth seeing, although rather sadistic at times.

No Country For Old Men: This, too is a well-done film, but not for the faint of heart. Rather sadistic, but well worth seeing, imo.

Deliverance: This movie is not only disturbing, but brutal beyond belief and totally sadistic.

Damn...i almost purchased Oldboy today...didnt really know if it was good...

and i would very much like to buy begotten...but ive never seen a new copy of it...
I think Begotten is out of print.