your top movies of 2004

Tools    

well..i think 2004 is full of a lot of expected epics and big boxoffice films..soo...i thought , lets see our tastes on what we look forward to see in 2004...
so search the web, find moveis coming out on 2004 and choose the top 10 you want to see
the top 10 movies of 2004 i want to see
1- ThE PASSION OF THE CHRIST: adepcition of the last 12 hours of jesus christ life, starring jim caveizel, and directed by mel gibson
2- KILL BILL vol.2: the 2nd part of the great movie kill bill starring uma thurmand and directed by quentin tarantino
3- TROY: historic movie about paris of troy to defend his empire starring brad pitt, orlando bloom, and directed by wolfgang petersen
4- PHANTOM OF THE OPERA: the famous story of the great spooky phantom of the opera classic, directed by Joel Schumacher
5- THE DAY AFTER TOMOROW: from the director of independence day comes a movie about the flud of the world, exciting film.
6- SPIDER MAN 2: the second part to the great spiderman super hero, although batman still rules lol
7- THE VILLAGE: a horror story about this haunted village starring joaquin phoniex from the director of Sixth sense, unbreakable, and signs...will be a good film
8- SKY CAPTAIN, AND THE WORLD OF TOMOROW: great great great film of scifi/ visual effects film..starring jude law, angelina jolie
9- ALEXANDER: ofcourse as an alexandrian i want to see that film, the great story of alexander the great starring colin farell, and directed by the great oliver stone
10- THE AVIATOR: yes yes, scorsese and dicaprio again together for the autio bio of the famous bilionare howard hughes, with a great cast like kate beckinsale, cate blanchette, gwen steffani, alec baldwin, jude law and more..directed by the master Martin Scorsese

these are my top 10 for 2004..as you can see 2004 will be a EXCELLENT year from movies..there is also other good movies coming out like: OCEAN'S TWELVE, GODSEND
THE LADY KILLERS (tom hanks), VANHENSLING, SHREK 2, THE TERMINAL (tom hanks, spilberge), THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDLICK (vin diesel), THE STEPFORD WIVES (nicole kidman), DOGVILLE (nicole kidman), KING ARTHUR, ANCHORMAN (will ferrell), I, ROBOT, CATWOMAN (halley berry), BLADE: TRINITY (wesley snipes), WIMBELDON, THE MASK 2 (jamie kennedy), LADDER 49 (travolta, joaquin phoniex), COLLATERAL (tom cruise), SEED OF CHUCKY (child's play 5), THE INCREDIBLES (disney movie), THE POLAR EXPRESS ***(tom hanks), THE RING 2, MEET THE FOCKERS (meet the parents 2) ,(robert deniro), SHARKTALE(deniro, will smith, scorsese), ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (jim carrey(

great year, great movies, watch out for the list i wrote
AND PLZ STATE THE TOP 10 2004 MOVIES YOU WANT TO SEE

The movie that I am in anticipation of more than any other is Wes Anderson's The Life Aquatic, which probably won't get to Australia until early 2005.

Put me in your pocket...
Nice list Godfather. I’ll want to see some from your list as they come out. However, we don’t get a chance to go out to the theatre as much as I’d like too, and wait for them to come out on video.

The two I’ll make a point of seeing in the theatre (and obviously the most excited about) this year are....

Hidalgo~The 3,000 mile horse race with Viggo.
The Incredibles~ If the rest of the movie is as funny as the trailer, Pixar will have another huge hit.

Lets put a smile on that block
great List Godfather, heres mine -

The movies of 2004 i reeally want to see

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST - gotta see this one just out of curiosity.

BIG FISH - this is out over here soon, really looking forward to seeing it, absoloutly love Burton.

KILL BILL vol.2 - really looking forward to this one as the first one was so good.

TROY - had to do the book for one of my courses modules so the film shoudl be quite good.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - love the musical, classic beauty and the beast style story, they always get me blubbing.

SPIDER MAN 2 - Trailer looks brillaint so am quite excited about the film

THE VILLAGE - Shyalaman is my favourite director so i cannot wait to see this, probaly my most anticipated film of 04 actually

SKY CAPTAIN, AND THE WORLD OF TOMOROW - trailer looks very good, love the retro view of the future thing they got going on.

THE LADY KILLERS - Looking forward to this, trailer lookes very good.

VANHENSLING

SHREK 2

THE STEPFORD WIVES

DOGVILLE - Loved Dancer in the Dark so really looking forward to this

I, ROBOT

SEED OF CHUCKY

THE INCREDIBLES

THE POLAR EXPRESS - this looks like a bit of a mushy one but might be quite pleasant.

MEET THE FOCKERS

ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND - this film im re3ally intrigued about, looks very funny

As for -
GODSEND
SHARKTALE
LADDER 49
COLLATERAL
THE TERMINAL
ANCHORMAN - what are these films about? i havnt heard anythign about these?

ALEXANDER
THE AVIATOR
THE DAY AFTER TOMOROW- don't really know much about these films but will keep an eye out for them and may go see them.

2004 does look like a good year for films.

guess i made a good thread lol thanx a lot guyz for sharing..keep on the listing

Do you know my poetry?
My top Eleven to see in 2004

1. Kill Bill Volume 2 - Loved Volume one, it was in my top 3 for 2003, now I must see this one.

2. The Passion of the Christ - Really looks like an awesome movie, cant wait to see it

3. Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban - Loved the first two

4. Spider-Man 2 - Trailer was awesome

5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Anything Charlie Kaufman writes,I will see.

6. The Life Aquatic - Wes Anderson is awesome.

7. The Aviator - Its Scorsese, Of course I will see it.

8. The Alamo - Trailer looks good, I'll check it out.

9. The Terminal - Hanks and Spielberg, I will totally see it.

10. I, Robot - Alex Proyas is directing so I might check it out

11. Jersey Girl - I've seen all of Kevin Smith's work so of course I'm seeing this.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
3. Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban - Loved the first two
I can't believe I forgot this one. I saw the first two with my kids and loved them both. I'll definately be taking them to see Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban.

2004 is compared to other years quite a bit more adventurous by my reckoning. Always a good thing.

In random order and likely to change my top ten I'm keen to watch are......

*Kill Bill Vol. 2*
I must know the continuing story of this. The pastiche and coolness and Tarentino's homage in Vol. 1 make any sequel worth watching.

*Big Fish*
Read a little about this and it sounds like a potential great. Albert Finney's name gives it a heavy weight. Burton has lost his way a little but the plot is original looking and salivating. A return to form for Burton hopefully.

*Shaun of the Dead*
From the makers of 'Spaced' (Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright) and British and cultish and horror and comedy. I ''WANT'' to see this film! If it follows in any way the path of previous british horror flics 'Dog Soldiers' and '28 Days Later' then it should be well worth any wait.

*Van Helsing*
I'm a bit of a horror buff and this does look cool. Once again the names involved insure my interest and the fact it has lots of infamous horror creatures.

*Alone in the Dark*
Played and liked the game this is based on and with all that moody atmospherics and horror creations involved in the plot I'm sure its going to be dark, dark, dark.

*The Village*
Directed by Shyamalan, yes! Joaquin Phoenix, yes! William hurt, yes! Sigourney Weaver, yes! Four reason to watch. Don't know much about it other then it is about a village and mythical creatures. SFX magazine (british publication as far as I know) where I have got a lot of these films information from also has a good point in the mini write up.........

Quote////And what will the trademark Shyamalan twist ending be? Hey, maybe the big twist will be that there isn't a twist ending - that'd be a surprise, huh?/////

Yes indeed.

*Alexander*
Fight, fight, fight. Want to see, see, see.

*The LadyKillers*
The old black and white was a wonderful film and with the Coens on board of this remake I feel quite comfortable that some of the originals pazazz will remain.

*Purple Butterfly*
Don't know if this is likely to be out in the cinema here but the premise of three intertwined lives in a war torn country with a resistance group (Purple Butterfly) out to assassinate a secret agent sounds too good to miss if it is shown.

*Shaolin Soccor*
Looks like a hell of a lot of fun. And it's Japanese.

Others I would like to see. Not all of them though, there are way too many films to look at to even begin to list.

*Megalopolis*
Very deep looking movie somewhat induced by 11/09.

*The Last Sumurai*
Technically in England a 2004 film. Along with horror and anime I also love martial arts films (van damme filmsan exception to the rule).

*HellBoy*
No particular reason other then a curious interest. Of course it is also a Guilermo Del Toro film and stars Ron Perlman who certainly looks the part from pictures.

*The Day after Tomorrow*
Jake Gyllenhaal for me is one of the main reasons for wanting to see this. Also being a post apocalyptic/new Ice Age film gives it an edge.

*Ice Age 2*
Don't know anything about this other then it has been made or is being finished or even if it is out in 2004, which I highly doubt having heard rumour of 2005. However I loved the first so I'm keen to see the second.

*Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow*
Retro Sci-Fi. Sounds a little like Flash Gordon. Should be interesting.

*Spider-Man 2*
What can I say. Seen the first want to see the second.

*Red Dwarf: The Movie*
A slated 2005 movie which I must under any curcumstances watch.

*Time of the Wolf*

*Shrek 2*
Seen clips, like the original, gotta see.

*I, Robot*
Asminov creation turned screen. I would like to spead my film viewage from my usual and this looks good to try.

*The Magic Roundabout*
Perhaps more for the British audience. I just want to see it for the voice acting and that naustalgic feel. Robbie Williams as Dougal????
That alone makes this worth while.

*Constantine*
Another comic conversion. Was really looking foward to it but with the Americanisation of it so they could fit Keanu as the lead role has made me slightly concerned. Constantine is supposed to be British ********!

*The Brothers Grimm*
Terry Gilliam directs so I have high hopes for originality and love in this film. Supposed to be in ironic sceptisism of the original brothers Grimm.

*Code 26*
Golgot would probably love this. There is romance, eh, however it is based in a future Earth with legal cloning, no Ozone layer and too many bloody rules with society divided by the elite and the scum, from what I can work out. That's the backdrop anyway.

*Ella Enchanted*
Fantasy film, don't know much else, other then it has a potential romance, jeez. However there has not been enough fantasy films of late so it would be nice to actually see one. LOTR does not entirely count as fantasy, it is an epic of epic propertions instead!

*Battle Royale 2*
Haven't seen the first but intend to before this. Japanese and gory has to be good.

*Boogeymen*

*A History of British Cinema*

*King Arthur*

*Highway Men*

*Godsend*
From what I know of this film it stars Robert De Niro and is about cloning. De Niro plays a doctor involved with genetic research who clones a couples deceased son. Moral fibre to be sure. Argg.

Hi
Purple Butterfly is the one with Zhang Ziyi right? I haven't been able to find that on an all region DVD, everything is region 3 =/

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
The Good:

Hellboy-Directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Looks great. Could be the greatest popcorn movie ever made.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-Great screenplay (from what I hear) and it looks quite amazing.
The Life Aquatic-Wes Anderson is pure gold. The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favorite movies ever.
The Passion of Jesus Christ-From what I've heard it could be the best movie ever made.
Kill Bill Volume 2-Part 2 of the best movie of 2003, and I hear it is the better half. It's by Quentin Tarantino. You know it's gonna be good.
Spider-Man 2-Loved the first one. Could be great.
Troy-Looks oh so epic.
The Ladykillers-The Coens (when they are doing their stuff *cough*Intolerable Cruelty*cough*) give out nothing but four star work. This looks so great.
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow-Looks like pure pulp perfection. Could be a masterpiece.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban-Love the first 2. Great source material, great people involved...I can't see this not being great.
The Incredibles-It's Pixar, and the trailer was awesome.
The Aviator-I know nothing about it, but it is Scorsese...so...
Anchorman-From what I hear, it's going to be very funny.
Shrek 2-I can't see this not being great.
The Alamo-Looks pretty darn good.
Jersey Girl-Kevin hasn't turned in a bad movie yet. Despite Ben's involvement.
The Terminal-No idea what this is about, but it has to be cool.
I, Robot-Proyas=Me seeing it.
The Polar Express-I can't see this being less than good.
Alexander-From what I hear, it will be good.
Monster-Should be very good. I hear that Charlize Theron is amazing in this.

The Bad:

The Mask 2-There's already a few threads dedicated to how terrible this looks.
Aliens Vs. Predator-It's by Paul W. S. Anderson...the trailer is terrible. The Script is supposed to be beyond terrible. I want this to be good...but I doubt it will be.
The Punisher-While this won't be terrible, I can't see this being above standard.
Constantine-Wicked cool source material...but from what I've heard it's been messed up.

The Undecided:

The Day After Tomorrow-Trailer looks great. This could either be a great movie, or it could be terribly overblown.
The Village-If I hadn't heard so many terrible things about it (mainly from Ain't it cool news) I would be gung-ho to see this. I'm torn between my love of MNS and my terror at what I've heard.
Van Helsing-Most likely an awesome popcorn film with a great set design.
King Arthur-Fuqua is very hit and miss, more often miss. I bet this will be an ok, but nothing more movie.
The Butterfly Effect-I like the trailer a lot, although I'm not to sure how the movie is going to turn out.

lol more than ten, ppl are getting overexcited, thats good 2004 is an excellent year for movies

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban-Love the first 2. Great source material, great people involved...I can't see this not being great.
Can't believe i forgot about this one too. I enjoyed the last two films, only becuase i enjoyed seeing how they brought the books to the screen, but as for acting and actual enjoyment of the films i would say i wasnt amazed. really looking forward to this one though as we have new charcters and a new director! Very Promising.

[The Villiage-If I hadn't heard so many terrible things about it (mainly from Ain't it cool news) I would be gung-ho to see this. I'm torn between my love of MNS and my terror at what I've heard.
What have you heard about it Beale? Nothing too bad i hope??? Do you know when the release date is as well? I, like you are an absolout fan of Shyalaman and cannot wait for this film. i hope it won't be a dissapointment, not one of his has been so far.

[The Butterfly Effect-I like the trailer a lot, although I'm not to sure how the movie is going to turn out.
Seen the trailer for this and it looks quite good, but who knows what it will actually be lie. im not sure i like Ashton Kutcher playing a serious role.

Top 10 I want to see this year:

1. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
2. HellBoy
3. The Aviator
4. The Life Aquatic
5. Spider-Man 2
6. Sharkslayer
7. I-Robot
8. Sound of Thunder
9. A Very Long Engagement
10. Kill Bill: Vol. 2

I don't want to see:
Mask 2
Garfield
Catwoman

Everything else I either do want to see or will end up seeing anyways.

Originally Posted by GODFATHER
lol more than ten, ppl are getting overexcited, thats good 2004 is an excellent year for movies
So sorry about that...in my zeal I didn't even bother to read further than the thread title.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
What have you heard about it Beale? Nothing too bad i hope??? Do you know when the release date is as well? I, like you are an absolout fan of Shyalaman and cannot wait for this film. i hope it won't be a dissapointment, not one of his has been so far.
While waiting for the trailer on Ain't it Cool News, I stmbled across a few reviews for the movie's script. They said it was terrible. I haven't read the script, so I don't know for sure...but the word on the street is that MNS might not so well this time (which I truely hope is not the case).

Here are two of the links.

Love the avatar Blibbs. Misery rules!

While waiting for the trailer on Ain't it Cool News, I stmbled across a few reviews for the movie's script. They said it was terrible. I haven't read the script, so I don't know for sure...but the word on the street is that MNS might not so well this time (which I truely hope is not the case).

guyz if ur drama fan, you love dramatic moveies
plz join the fanlisting http://www.dramaticmovies.tk

here's my top 10. 10=lowest, 1=highest. All titles on this list are gonna be must-see's for 2004.

10.Spiderman 2

9.Shark Tale

8.Shrek 2

7.Van Helsing

6.Phantom of the Opera

5.Hidalgo

4.Prizoner of Askaban

3.Day After Tomorrow

2.Troy

1.Passion of Jesus Christ
And found he was eating his shoe.

Thanx Beale, read the links you got, it all sounds quite interesting but im not buying any of it yet. And even if it is true i will still be one of the first at the cinema to watch it to get my own views, read a lot of bad stuff about Signs when it first came out but still went to the cineam and loved it so who knows what can happen with this one.
Im glad it gave some of the plot details away but not too much. I wonder if theyre true? Something about the creatures in the woods acting differently to different colours? No one must touch anything red as they attack red, but they fear Yellow so the villagers must wear yello? Sounds quite cool. i can't wait!

AS for Misery, one of my all time faves glad you agree you dirty bird

Yeah. I've decided upon just waiting and forming my own opinions. That has only hurt me a few times in the past...

kill bill volume two

aliens vs predator it will probably be **** but i cant wait none the less

spider man 2