Movies that SHOULD be made

Tools    

Only for the weak
Well I'm sure this thread has been done before. But what are some movie ideas that you think should be made, and would make a great movie. Maybe a classic movie that should be re-made.

I think a new zombie movie could be pretty cool, I mean one using state of the art effects, not some cheap one. Like how those things in Blade 2 looked, I have to admit they were pretty creepy. With all the computer effects, and make up artists around today they could make a gory and realistic zombie movie. Possibly re-make Night of the Living Dead, but do it with some taste, don't cast Paul Walker and Ashton Kutcher to play the leads. I'm thinking John Turturo as the crazy older guy, and Laurence Fishbourne as the african american.

Reefer Madness should be re-made and Johnny Depp should be cast as the lead teenager. He could play it in an Ed Wood-esque style.

A novel adaptation.
Michael Bay should make a shot by shot remake of Citizen Kane.

And then, immediately afterwards, he should tear out my eyeballs and disembowel me.

i'd really like to see stephen spielburg remake 'hook' but with a killer robot. and state of the art special effects.

i always thought that alejandro jodorowsky's take on 'dune' sounded very funny. i mean, salvador dali was going to play the emperor on a dophin toilet with separate holes for the "pipi" and the "bowel movement". that would have been really great. too bad he couldnt get it together.

I'm all about history in film.

There is a book by Gary Jennings called "Aztec" that depicts the life and times of a fictional character but in a very real historical account of what the world was like then.

Also, I'd like to see Wilbur Smith's egyptian series made into film. You'd end with some Indiana Jones type action and old style romance. Very cool.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've always wanted to see somebody make a movie out of the book "Choke" by Chuck Pahlaniuk. It's about a guy who pretends to choke on food in restaraunts to get attention and sympathy from strangers. It's in such poor taste, but so screamingly funny, that I would line up days in advance to get tickets. I always imagined that Edward Norton would play the hero and Seth Green would play his unhinged sex addict best friend.

I also want to see before I die a film about the life of Andre the Giant, but I know that's never gonna happen.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Frank Peretti's "This Present Darkness" needs to be converted from book to movie!

how about super mario brothers... except this time, make it worth seeing.

I would love to see a movie about dungeons and dragons, but I mean a really good one actually based on the game.

MonkeyPunch, Choke would be a good book but I would rather see Survivor as a movie, maybe thats just me.

I ate all your bees.
Speaking of Dungeons and Dragons they should have a warhammer 40,000 movie...I never played the game but some of the stories etc are fantastic as is the general premise. Especially with the CGI they can do nowadays, I have no doubt it could be an Excellent Action / Sci Fi. I only ask that James Cameron direct and Shwartzenegger is an Uber Sgt...

My life isn't written very well.
I think a good movie should be made about the life of Princess Diana. Not the cheesy-soap-opera, made-for-TV movies that were so popular after her death.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I've always wanted to see somebody make a movie out of the book "Choke" by Chuck Pahlaniuk. It's about a guy who pretends to choke on food in restaraunts to get attention and sympathy from strangers. It's in such poor taste, but so screamingly funny, that I would line up days in advance to get tickets. I always imagined that Edward Norton would play the hero and Seth Green would play his unhinged sex addict best friend.
I think someone is trying to get this made, I'm not sure who though.

I think they should do a remake of the Wizard of Oz. Night of the Living Dead sounds good too. Treasure Island! There's one already out with Charleton Heston as Long John Silver, but it's and early 90's flick.

You mean like the classic musical Wizard of Oz or the actual book, b/c I could see a book adaptation that wasn't a musical but no way should they remake the original movie.

i'm going to be a director when i'm older, and i know a lot of books that i want to make in to movies, but there are some that just shouldn't be touched, ya know?

Last 5 Movies I have Watched...
The Astral Factor-•
Bridget Jones's Diary•••
The Maltese Falcon••••
Sliding Doors•••
Battle Royale••••

Collectormania
IMDb

Sum 1 shud make CHOPPER 2. the first one is great and theres a book called CHOPPER 2. I aint read it yet though........

Also a film about the video game TWISTED METAL shud be made. Its a great game and would have an amazing story line to it.

Originally Posted by 7thson
I would love to see a movie about dungeons and dragons, but I mean a really good one actually based on the game.
I know you're probably thinking of an actual movie that takes place in the D&D world, but there's a hilarious short film out there called Gamers. If you can find it, and if you've played D&D at all, you'll love it. It cuts back and forth between them in the real world, sitting at their gaming table, and them in the game world, complete with cheap costumes.

This is a paraphrase of a great scene:

*game world*
Player: [v/o as he's sizing up a mark he's stolen from] I'm gonna steal his pants.
*real world*
DM: You can't steal his pants.
Player: Come on, I'm a can't remember level thief. I want to steal his pants.
DM: Whatever. Roll it, then.
Player: [rolls a d20] Sweet! 29!
DM: [rolls a d20, looks at the roll, sighs, rolls eyes] Okay, fine. You... steal his pants.
Player: YES!

And then it shows the player in the game world, stealing the pants off the guy like you'd yank the tablecloth out from under dishes on a table.

Ah, I love it. My geekiness knows no bounds, I tell you.

Originally Posted by jordo
Sum 1 shud make CHOPPER 2. the first one is great and theres a book called CHOPPER 2. I aint read it yet though........

Also a film about the video game TWISTED METAL shud be made. Its a great game and would have an amazing story line to it.
I believe this was the most painful post I have ever read in my life. This is why AOL is evil, and has no soul left. Why, the net-lingo why?!

Evolution in Progress...
Ok, i also wanna see a good, non-child oriented movie for D&D, and it would be a big plus if they based it on the Dragonlance books by Weiss&Hickman

Also any movie made based on a book by David Gemmel, **** i'll steal it while it's still in production and keep it to myself...well maybe not but it'd still be good

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.