Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think with Internet reviews you will find that the minority who didn't like a film have a voice and are much more likely to go out and comment/hate on the film whereas those who liked it are much less inclined to comment, creating a greatly disproportionate comment section, with an appearance of "everyone" disliking the film.

Hope more members get out and see it this weekend, seems like days since I saw it and not much discussion.

I had fairly low expectations, but was hoping it would be somewhat entertaining. I found myself much more emotionally invested than I hoped, and it vastly exceeded my expectations, which amounts to it being half decent. Not great, but certainly something I will enjoy rewatching several times.

Part of the experience was a little rough because of the lousy seat I got, and the clerk didn't tell me it was 3D, and I hate watching movies in 3D.

I'm not sure how I'd rate it. Three or three and a half out of five.

I don't post much but I really liked TFA. There were a few cheese moments but I liked it a lot.

What I dont get is this every part i have seen with Harrison and aka han and chewy are plain awesome. I do have the light saber duel concerns but not sure what we can expect i mean Finn, Rey and Kylo seem like Padwans in this movie not Master Jedi. This is not from any knowledge this is just me guessing by Trailer viewing assumptions. Now Rey the Ridley character may not be a Jedi but i would assume she is cause she has too much trailer screen time.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
One of my friends saw it, and said that it gave out a sense of being aimed at tweens and geared it more towards women and made a chick flick.

I just laughed
Star Wars - Force Twilight: a clumsy, average Jedi in training (played by Kristen Stewart) is torn between her duty to the Jedi order, and two hunky shirtless guys, one a brooding, sensitive Jedi Master, and one dangerously sexy Sith lord...

No, the new Star Wars is amazing. I especially liked that there was a minimum of CG effects. It looks more real, and I liked that the Jedi no longer flip around in the air like a martial arts Cirque Du Soleil during duels. It makes the film more believable if they're not all Crouching Tiger Hidden Vader...

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Where the bloody hell have you been?

Also, sup dude? How ya been?
Aye, not too bad, just busy with uni and all. Thanks for remembering me and all

In terms of the film...

Reviews

I liked the film a lot it catches the star wars feeling very well and more xfighter screen time which is even better but i am more concerned about the lightsaber duels? Like how does finn know how to fight with it no training etc, and rey aswell i found that out of place

Im pretty sure the force being past jedi have always been guiding and looking after Rey ever since she was left on Jakku.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-...rs-101747.html

A Star Wars Fan Actually Got Arrested For Threatening A Kid Over Spoilers

BY MIKE REYES 4 HOURS AGO

What's the most you've ever done to a friend that accidentally spoiled something for you? Whatever it is, it's most assuredly not as insane as what Star Wars fan Arthur Charles Roy did. That is, unless you threatened to shoot someone over spoilers to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

THR reported Roy, an 18 year old Montana resident, threatened a Facebook friend with a photo of a handgun and the promise of shooting them during their school day. The story gets even crazier, as Roy's threat triggered a lockdown of the victim's high school, which eventually prompted the revelation that the "gun" used in the threat was actually a BB gun. Arthur Charles Roy is currently being detained, with bail set at $10,000.

There are undoubtedly those out there who would seek to ruining the experience of any fan who hasn't been able to partake in Star Wars: The Force Awakens just yet. Even with the strictest policing the internet has to offer, the speed at which information travels is no match for those trying to keep themselves pure for their first viewing. That said, it isn't stated whether the unnamed Facebook friend to Arthur Charles Roy had spoiled the film by accident, or deliberately tried to impart knowledge that Roy did not want to be privy to. The difference between the two could be the most important factor in any impending legal proceedings.

While either scenario does not justify the threat of lethal force, Roy would obviously benefit from the latter scenario, as an accidental incident doesn't infer malicious intent on the part of the Spoiler. Should Roy's friend be found as intentionally instigating him into a state of anger, it would speak towards the intent of Roy's threat, and could even lead to some sort of "insanity defense" style strategy. Even if the facts break in the would-be assailant's defense, it's still a pretty serious crime to threaten anyone over social media with a firearm, especially if it's over something as small as spoilers to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Perhaps now is the best time to remind you, our dear readers, to be careful when speaking about Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the public. While most of you have obviously had the chance to visit that galaxy far, far away, there are still others who are waiting for their shuttle to come in. And if you're one of those fans who have accidentally had the seventh installment of the Star Wars saga spoiled, simply turn the other cheek and forgive those who have done you wrong. However, don't forget their behavior once Star Wars: Episode VIII is in theaters, as that will provide you with the sweet, sweet payback you'll be seeking.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is in theaters now, and if you haven't already seen it, you'll probably want to get on that as soon as possible during holiday break.

The Terminator
Watched on Sunday and really loves the movie.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Watched this in a full cinema screen this afternoon with my boys aged 9 and 7, my brother and my dad. There's not many movies that you can take the whole family to and everyone can enjoy equally, got to appreciate Star Wars for that.

This is a solid movie. It's Star Wars through and through. Plenty of nods to the original (more than nods at some points). I liked it a lot, although didn't quite love it as much as I was hoping. Most of the complaints I'd heard about it before going in were unfounded. But it lacked a bit on real 'wow' moments that might have given it an extra star. Maybe in the next episode.

I don't really want to say too much on here since there are plenty of people who haven't seen it yet.