What weird sci-fi movie did I watch???

Tools    

Many years ago when I was like five, I saw a scene from a 70s SciFi movie that was very weird. I think near the end of this movie,there was humanoid covered in metal like a robot but some people kept pulling off pieces from the skin and it was revealed as a young girl. I think I also remember in the end, they closed in on the little girl's face and it ended. I don't remember any other scenes. I have checked movies over the years, trying to figure this out. It would be amazing if I could know I'm not crazy and that scene I saw 30+ years ago on TV was real. Please help!

Movie was English, likely made in U.S.A. or maybe the U.K.

Likely made in the mid /late 70s.

Very possibly futuristic/ space movie.

That's frustrating – there's similar imagery in so many things but it being a young girl is throwing me .

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
KINDA reminds me of an episode of Amazing Stories. A popular guy in high school is affected by a local meteorite crash that magnetizes his body. Near the end, it's revealed that the local "nerd" girl has the same problem. I believe she was covered in metal scraps in the closing scenes.

I don't think this is your answer, but it could be a memory mixed up with a few different movies. Take a look and see:

Do you know for sure that it was a movie and not an episode from something like this, Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Dark Side, Twilight Zone, or any number of then popular dark story serials?

Was it live action? Cartoon? I'm curious about this one too no

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I think I know this one.

I think you are talking about "Demon Seed" from 1977.

Well, you have pretty much given away the ending, but what was going on was that a computer wants to have a baby with a woman. The computer takes the woman prisoner, and impregnates her (I'm oversimplifying here). The baby is born premature, and the computer builds an incubator for the new baby. The computer decides to destroy itself, but tells the people to leave the baby in the incubator for five days. But the people look into the incubator and don't like what they see. So they start to smash up the incubator. The child comes out, looking like a robot, and collapses. Then the people discover that under the robot pieces, the child is actually a human girl (a clone of a child of the same mother, but who had died).

It's much more complicated than my summary, of course.

KEVP, I will check Demon Seed on YouTube. That sounds familiar. I will probably freak out if I am right then close the thread as answered. Okay here I go...

Update:I did find a scene where the robot is born but not them peeling away the metal. It does seem really familiar though and creepy. I'll do some more looking on it.

I promise you, after the robot is born in "Demon Seed" they peel away the metal. That is a fact. Check the summary on Wikipedia. I have seen the last half or so of "Demon Seed", including the scene where they peel away the metal, and it has to be the movie you are looking for.

I saw that same scene when i was very young and it wasn't demon seed. The scene i watched was not so dark. It was more brighter and more cleaner sci-fi. When i saw the scene i tought i was watching buck rogers until they start peeling the robot.

In that case either 1) There are TWO movies with a "peeling the robot" scene, or else 2) Flood is misremembering a childhood viewing of "Demon Seed".

Also, at the end of Demon Seed, the camera zooms in on the girl. The girl says "I'm alive" but in the voice of the computer. The implication is that the computer has downloaded its personality and so on into the girl. This also seems to match the OP's original memory.

It was definitely Demon Seed. I didn't see the peeling off the metal yet. I did see some ending credits and a couple of seconds of them closing in on a human eye so I didn't see the girl either. Who was the other girl called Amy in it? Was she a clone? She was weird.