north pole found by men (looked like a red/white barbers pole)

Tools    

rik
hi guys,
i seem to remember a scene from a film i saw as a kid in the 80's where a group of explorers found the north or south pole and it looked like the a red & white barbers pole.
i'm sure it wasn't a cartoon but it was filmed in colour and could have been from the 50's - 70's...

any ideas?
Thanks

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
For some reason Santa Claus The Movie is coming to mind. I remember one of the elves (Dudley Moore) left the north pole and eventually returned. I'm thinking he found a marker when he got close to home. That may have been a swirly post. It fits the design of the movie and sets.

That probably isn't your movie but gosh if your description didn't ring a few dusty bells.

This happens a LOT in cartoons. Cartoons often portray the North and South Poles as red and white barber's poles.

Apparently there is an actual "ceremonial South Pole" close to the actual South Pole, and this ceremonial pole is an actual red and white striped pole.

For some reason Santa Claus The Movie is coming to mind. I remember one of the elves (Dudley Moore) left the north pole and eventually returned. I'm thinking he found a marker when he got close to home. That may have been a swirly post. It fits the design of the movie and sets.

That probably isn't your movie but gosh if your description didn't ring a few dusty bells.
Was thinking the same

rik
hello again guys,

thanks for replying