My Top 40 Movie Villains Of All Time.

Tools    

Someone on here has probably already done this but here’s mine. I’m basing this on my own list of favourite movies and villains.

I've sat for the past few hours and wrote this out, hopefully you enjoy reading up on my comments.

Of course, this list is my own personal list and will probably bare absolutely no similarity to anyone else’s.

Using the raw character, the actor and the way they’ve also been written here is:

My Top 40 Movie Villains Of All Time.

40: Clubber Lang. Mr T. Rocky 3. Rocky was starting to go off the rails with the third outing, but the character of Clubber is a strong contrast to Balboa. Clubber is what Rocky would have been if he’d been brought up without Mickey. Not superbly acted by Mr T but certainly worthy of a place at #40.

39: Sir Godfrey. Mark Strong. Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood. Straight forward acting and a slimy yet tough and self-confident undertone make him a character to really despise.

38: Detective Jimmy Shaker. Gary Sinise. Ransom. Superbly evil, twisted and unsympathetic. A child-snatcher with, almost, the law on his side.

37: The Shredder/Oroku Saki. James Sato, voiced by David McCharen. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. A comic book villain turned into a genuinely evil entity that’s as solid as a brick. Sato’s frame behind the awesome bladed costume makes him all the more menacing, especially when he gets his fists out. Unbending in his quest for power over New York’s youth and a brutal leader of a ninja sect.

36: Little Bill Daggett. Gene Hackman. Unforgiven. Hackman’s portrayal of a protagonist, who doesn’t realise he’s actually an antagonist, is spot on. He’s tough, unyielding and strangely very engaging. Little Bill Daggett is perfectly contrasting to Clint Eastwood’s William Munny.

35: John Kreese. Martin Kove. The Karate Kid. Big, strong, hard faced and emotional in the sense that he’s always angry and ready to throw a punch, the reality of the character works very, very well. Seen from the viewpoint of protagonist Daniel LaRusso, Kreese is a power that is not just physically scary, but also unstoppable.

34: The Sheriff of Nottingham. Alan Rickman. Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves. Rickman throws himself into the highly camp, properly British bad guy role. Twitchy, cruel, Shakespearean and a spoilt-brat, played in a style only Rickman can do.

33: Ivan Drago. Dolph Lundgren. Rocky 4. Ok, Rocky was going off the rails well before this movie, but Lundgren’s physical stature as an invincible fighting machine is what makes the role. Lundgren also nearly killed both Carl Weathers and Sly Stallone while filming fight scenes.

32: Agent Smith. Hugo Weaving. The Matrix Trilogy. Weaving really enjoys the role of Smith and you can tell he does. Wonderfully charismatic and a physical surprise when he takes on Reeves and Fishburn. He puts the audience on the backfoot.

31: The Fratelli Family. Anne Ramsey, Joe Pantoliano and Robert Davi. The Goonies. A wonderfully inept trio of villains, lead by a relatively intelligent Mother make a threatening yet slapstick affair of the antagonist world. Fun to watch.

30: Leatherface. Gunnar Hansen. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Brutally powerful in stature and physicality, the chainsaw wielding maniac is a vision that most will never forget, no matter how much they try. Leatherface has spawned an entire series of films and is always the one people remember from the original movie.

29: John Herod. Gene Hackman. The Quick And The Dead. Touches of camp sadistic pleasure at seeing people being killed, but played deadly seriously, Hackman revels in his role with panache in the only way he knows how. With style.

28: Hans Gruber. Alan Rickman. Die Hard. Another Rickman role but with a faux German accent. Similar with the theatre feel to Rickman’s Sheriff of Nottingham but played with more intelligence and much more of a calculated cruelness to get what he wants.

27: Vic Vega/Mr Blonde. Michael Madsen. Reservoir Dogs. Madsen, an actor who hates violence and guns is at his absolute best as a completely unhinged but in-control gun-wielding psychopath, hell bent on a rampage of revenge.

26: Biff Tannen. Thomas F Wilson. Back To The Future Trilogy. Wilson is wonderfully comic book with his over the top 1950s school bully. A physically powerful presence on screen, he’s the A-typical dummy villain.

25: The Emperor/Darth Sidious. Ian McDiarmid. Star Wars Franchise. Extremely well conceived and played wonderfully by a Shakespearean actor of the highest calibre. You’re getting two for the price of one with McDiarmid. Not an easy challenge, but he smashes the role and makes the viewer feel uneasy.

24: Dick Jones. Ronnie Cox. Robocop. Cox’s first time as a bad guy, he takes an extremely well written and evil role from the page and lifts it to heights that nobody thought possible. Hard edged, brutal, intelligent and calculating. Not a guy you want living next door.

23: Buffalo Bill. Ted Levine. The Silence Of The Lambs. One of many actors at their best in my list, Levine’s perverted twist on a Leatherface style villain is completely off the scale when it comes to acting talent. His relatively calm exterior is constantly underlined by a deep-seeded psychotic want for flesh. Extremely well developed by Levine.

22: Annie Wilkes. Cathy Bates. Misery. A chubby-housewife-apple-pie exterior hides an obsessive-compulsive lunatic with murderous and possessive intent. The character’s psychotic development over the movie is slow, unnerving and very, very scary. Cathy Bates portrayal will live in movie history forever.

21: Anton Chigurh. Javier Bardem. No Country For Old Men. Bardem brings an already unsettling character to absolute realism. A hitman that takes an almost unemotional pleasure from toying with innocent lives. Cool, calm and very intelligent, Chigurh is one you wouldn’t want to play ‘flip a coin’ with.

20: The Kurgan/Victor Kruger. Clancy Brown. Highlander. Physically imposing to Lambert’s puny immortal, wonderfully camp and brilliantly, yet dangerously, unhinged. Brown is definitely in his element.

19: Clarence Boddicker. Kurtwood Smith. Robocop. Ultraviolent and completely without boundaries, Boddicker is the epitome of raw nastiness. Brutal, murderous, comically evil. He’s a force to be reckoned with. Smith does an excellent job at holding the screen.

18: Max Cady. Robert De Niro. Cape Fear. With De Niro at his absolute best, Cady is a joy to behold, dangerously unstable and murderously psychotic. He goes from quietly brooding to comically insane to brutally and unsettlingly realistic within barely a few scenes. Top notch stuff.

17: The Martians. Animated, voiced by Frank Welker. Mars Attacks. Ok, a spoof take on the old ‘saucer films’ of the 1950s but the cruel delight taken by the Martians when overthrowing us mere Earthlings is a joy. Funny, villainous and very well ‘acted’. They’re lots of fun.

16: Frank Booth. Dennis Hopper. Blue Velvet. An absolutely brilliant turn from the late great Hopper as the twitchy, unstable, drug-fuelled murderous maniac. Doing what he does best, Hopper encapsulates the character with a style only he can perform and makes the audience uncomfortable even when he’s not on screen.

15: John Kramer/Jigsaw. Tobin Bell. Saw Franchise. Another franchise that goes off the rails, but Bell as the twisted Jigsaw Killer is cold, murderous and yet genuinely believes that what he’s doing is right. A very dangerous character.

14: General Zod. Terrence Stamp. Superman 2. Stamp is beautifully camp, unsympathetic and sadistic as Superman’s ultimate nemesis. In terms of the Superman Universe, no villain has ever been better and Stamp as Zod, has never been bettered.

13: Pazuzu/Regan MacNeil. Linda Blair, voiced by Mercedes McCambridge. The Exorcist. Seen by many as the finest horror movie of all time, Pazuzu as a character, is highly unsettling and disturbing. Linda Blair, even at such a young age is exceptionally real in a horrific set of circumstances. Just don’t eat pea soup while watching.

12: Michael Myers. Will Sandin and Nick Castle. Halloween. Wonderfully retracted from reality both physically and mentally. Myers is strong, brutal and violent. Stopping at nothing to get to his goal… murder. A typical horror villain in many respects, he’s almost invincible and tends to jump out from the shadows.

11: Freddy Krueger. Robert Englund. A nightmare On Elm Street. Forgetting the sequels, Englund excels in the legendary role in the original movie. He’s fun, highly threatening, unnerving and beautifully realised as a villain. Just the concept of the character is enough to make the hardiest movie fan squirm and Englund breaks the mould in several places.

10: The Terminator. Arnold Swarzenegger. The Terminator. On screen for a short while and hardly any dialogue. Yet the character has been remembered clearly for the best part of 30 years. Big, powerful, physically threatening. Arnie’s natural wooden acting is perfect for a killer machine.

9: Lieutenant Hiram Coffey. Michael Biehn. The Abyss. A fantastically played role, simply written and turned into a genuine threat by Biehn’s performance. Starting as a normal, competent soldier, he gets more and more twitchy as the movie progresses, then delves right into the depths of madness. If the movie wasn’t set under the ocean, The Abyss’ title would still stand, solely for Biehn’s portrayal.

8: John Doe. Kevin Spacey. Se7en. Cool, calculating and intelligent. A similar villain to Jigsaw but Spacey’s emotionless genius is both a wonder and a terror to behold. How far will he go? Farther than anyone can imagine. Awesome.

7: Norman Stansfield. Gary Oldman. Leon. A drugged up cop with very few personal limitations, hell bent on personal gain and a few loose wires to boot. Oldman is fantastic.

6: The Joker. Jack Nicholson. Batman. Camp, intelligent, twisted, with undertones of Cesar Romero. Nicholson’s naturally over-exaggerated smile is transformed to something more with brilliant make-up. Add to that Nicholson’s natural ability to just simply be sadistic and humorous. The character is a lot of fun.

5: Hannibal Lecter. Anthony Hopkins. The Silence Of The Lambs. Again, forgetting other movies starring Lector, Hopkins portrayal of the cannibalistic serial killer is an exceptional piece of acting. He’s barely on screen throughout the entire movie but the impact of those staring eyes and monotone voice are enough to live with the viewer for a long, long time.

4: Darth Vader. David Prowse and Hayden Christensen, voiced by James Earl Jones. Star Wars Episodes 3–6. 6ft 7 (2m), weighing 20 stones (280lb) and voiced by a vocal God, Prowse’s Vader is an absolute gem in the movie villain world. A very realised character, dark, unemotional, cold, cruel and has a futuristic ‘black knight’ class about him. Physically menacing and certainly a fighting force to be reckoned with, Vader will always be in the top 10.

3: Jack Torrance. Jack Nicholson. The Shining. Psychopathic, mentally tortured and extremely unstable. Nicholson excels in his best role outside of Batman. Definitely a guy you wouldn’t want to be snowed in with.

2: The Joker. Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight. Not jumping on any bandwagon here, Ledger’s Joker is uneasy to watch, joyous to behold and fun to take a ride with. By far, the best portrayal of The Joker in Batman’s long history. Ledger makes the movie. Then he breaks the mould beyond repair. An utter masterclass.

1: Davy Jones. Bill Nighy. Pirates Of The Caribbean; Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End. Another masterclass in acting ability, Nighy hits the nail right on the head. The concept of the character is incredibly original and fits the two movies perfectly. Harsh, knowingly evil, intelligent, delightfully camp and brutal with a sword. His murderous rampages and fiery temper are seconded only by his tortured soul that shows magnificently through Nighy’s acting. The special effects used to bring the outer shell of the character to life are absolutely top notch too.
One for the history books and #1 in my list.

Excellent choices in there, I love these kinds of lists

Julie Andrews in Sound of Music

Or Scorpio, Andy Robinson, Dirty Harry

Also
Louise Fletcher from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Rutger Hauer from The Hitcher
Gary Busey from Leathal Weapon
Ben Kingsley from Sexy Beast
Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange

Sir Lawrence Olivier, in Marathon Man
Henry Fonda, in Once Upon a Time in the West
Ralph Fiennes, in Schindler's List
Bette Davis, in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

Cheers for the replies guys, glad to see my chain-of-thoughts is a conversation starter.

There is, sadly, one villain I forgot to put in my list. Norman Bates. Completely slipped my mind. Dammit!!!! My list is now worthless .

Hans Landa- Inglourious Basterds
Alonzo Harris- Training Day
Senator Roark and Cardinal Roark- Sin City
Deacon Frost- Blade

There is, sadly, one villain I forgot to put in my list. Norman Bates. Completely slipped my mind. Dammit!!!! My list is now worthless .
I was wondering where he was... still a great list, nonetheless

Ok, an update on my top 40 after a brain-fart left out the wonderful Anthony Perkins .

Sadly (or gladly, depending on where you stand), Clubber Lang has been pushed from the bottom spot and into the oblivion of obscurity. There's only 40 places in a Top 40, so bye bye Mr T.

More sadly though, Arnie as The Terminator has dropped from my top 10 and will have to live at #11.

Still, I hope my now defunct list was worth all the hassel and embarrassment .

40: Sir Godfrey. Mark Strong. Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood. Straight forward acting and a slimy yet tough and self-confident undertone make him a character to really despise.
39: Detective Jimmy Shaker. Gary Sinise. Ransom. Superbly evil, twisted and unsympathetic. A child-snatcher with, almost, the law on his side.
38: The Shredder/Oroku Saki. James Sato, voiced by David McCharen. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. A comic book villain turned into a genuinely evil entity that’s as solid as a brick. Sato’s frame behind the awesome bladed costume makes him all the more menacing, especially when he gets his fists out. Unbending in his quest for power over New York’s youth and a brutal leader of a ninja sect.
37: Little Bill Daggett. Gene Hackman. Unforgiven. Hackman’s portrayal of a protagonist, who doesn’t realise he’s actually an antagonist, is spot on. He’s tough, unyielding and strangely very engaging. Little Bill Daggett is perfectly contrasting to Clint Eastwood’s William Munny.
36: John Kreese. Martin Kove. The Karate Kid. Big, strong, hard faced and emotional in the sense that he’s always angry and ready to throw a punch, the reality of the character works very, very well. Seen from the viewpoint of protagonist Daniel LaRusso, Kreese is a power that is not just physically scary, but also unstoppable.
35: The Sheriff of Nottingham. Alan Rickman. Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves. Rickman throws himself into the highly camp, properly British bad guy role. Twitchy, cruel, Shakespearean and a spoilt-brat, played in a style only Rickman can do.
34: Ivan Drago. Dolph Lundgren. Rocky 4. Ok, Rocky was going off the rails well before this movie, but Lundgren’s physical stature as an invincible fighting machine is what makes the role. Lundgren also nearly killed both Carl Weathers and Sly Stallone while filming fight scenes.
33: Agent Smith. Hugo Weaving. The Matrix Trilogy. Weaving really enjoys the role of Smith and you can tell he does. Wonderfully charismatic and a physical surprise when he takes on Reeves and Fishburn. He puts the audience on the backfoot.
32: The Fratelli Family. Anne Ramsey, Joe Pantoliano and Robert Davi. The Goonies. A wonderfully inept trio of villains, lead by a relatively intelligent Mother make a threatening yet slapstick affair of the antagonist world. Fun to watch.
31: Leatherface. Gunnar Hansen. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Brutally powerful in stature and physicality, the chainsaw wielding maniac is a vision that most will never forget, no matter how much they try. Leatherface has spawned an entire series of films and is always the one people remember from the original movie.
30: John Herod. Gene Hackman. The Quick And The Dead. Touches of camp sadistic pleasure at seeing people being killed, but played deadly seriously, Hackman revels in his role with panache in the only way he knows how. With style.
29: Hans Gruber. Alan Rickman. Die Hard. Another Rickman role but with a faux German accent. Similar with the theatre feel to Rickman’s Sheriff of Nottingham but played with more intelligence and much more of a calculated cruelness to get what he wants.
28: Vic Vega/Mr Blonde. Michael Madsen. Reservoir Dogs. Madsen, an actor who hates violence and guns is at his absolute best as a completely unhinged but in-control gun-wielding psychopath, hell bent on a rampage of revenge.
27: Biff Tannen. Thomas F Wilson. Back To The Future Trilogy. Wilson is wonderfully comic book with his over the top 1950s school bully. A physically powerful presence on screen, he’s the A-typical dummy villain.
26: The Emperor/Darth Sidious. Ian McDiarmid. Star Wars Franchise. Extremely well conceived and played wonderfully by a Shakespearean actor of the highest calibre. You’re getting two for the price of one with McDiarmid. Not an easy challenge, but he smashes the role and makes the viewer feel uneasy.
25: Dick Jones. Ronnie Cox. Robocop. Cox’s first time as a bad guy, he takes an extremely well written and evil role from the page and lifts it to heights that nobody thought possible. Hard edged, brutal, intelligent and calculating. Not a guy you want living next door.
24: Buffalo Bill. Ted Levine. The Silence Of The Lambs. One of many actors at their best in my list, Levine’s perverted twist on a Leatherface style villain is completely off the scale when it comes to acting talent. His relatively calm exterior is constantly underlined by a deep-seeded psychotic want for flesh. Extremely well developed by Levine.
23: Annie Wilkes. Cathy Bates. Misery. A chubby-housewife-apple-pie exterior hides an obsessive-compulsive lunatic with murderous and possessive intent. The character’s psychotic development over the movie is slow, unnerving and very, very scary. Cathy Bates portrayal will live in movie history forever.
22: Anton Chigurh. Javier Bardem. No Country For Old Men. Bardem brings an already unsettling character to absolute realism. A hitman that takes an almost unemotional pleasure from toying with innocent lives. Cool, calm and very intelligent, Chigurh is one you wouldn’t want to play ‘flip a coin’ with.
21: The Kurgan/Victor Kruger. Clancy Brown. Highlander. Physically imposing to Lambert’s puny immortal, wonderfully camp and brilliantly, yet dangerously, unhinged. Brown is definitely in his element.
20: Clarence Boddicker. Kurtwood Smith. Robocop. Ultraviolent and completely without boundaries, Boddicker is the epitome of raw nastiness. Brutal, murderous, comically evil. He’s a force to be reckoned with. Smith does an excellent job at holding the screen.
19: Max Cady. Robert De Niro. Cape Fear. With De Niro at his absolute best, Cady is a joy to behold, dangerously unstable and murderously psychotic. He goes from quietly brooding to comically insane to brutally and unsettlingly realistic within barely a few scenes. Top notch stuff.
18: The Martians. Animated, voiced by Frank Welker. Mars Attacks. Ok, a spoof take on the old ‘saucer films’ of the 1950s but the cruel delight taken by the Martians when overthrowing us mere Earthlings is a joy. Funny, villainous and very well ‘acted’. They’re lots of fun.
17: Frank Booth. Dennis Hopper. Blue Velvet. An absolutely brilliant turn from the late great Hopper as the twitchy, unstable, drug-fuelled murderous maniac. Doing what he does best, Hopper encapsulates the character with a style only he can perform and makes the audience uncomfortable even when he’s not on screen.
16: John Kramer/Jigsaw. Tobin Bell. Saw Franchise. Another franchise that goes off the rails, but Bell as the twisted Jigsaw Killer is cold, murderous and yet genuinely believes that what he’s doing is right. A very dangerous character.
15: General Zod. Terrence Stamp. Superman 2. Stamp is beautifully camp, unsympathetic and sadistic as Superman’s ultimate nemesis. In terms of the Superman Universe, no villain has ever been better and Stamp as Zod, has never been bettered.
14: Pazuzu/Regan MacNeil. Linda Blair, voiced by Mercedes McCambridge. The Exorcist. Seen by many as the finest horror movie of all time, Pazuzu as a character, is highly unsettling and disturbing. Linda Blair, even at such a young age is exceptionally real in a horrific set of circumstances. Just don’t eat pea soup while watching.
13: Michael Myers. Will Sandin and Nick Castle. Halloween. Wonderfully retracted from reality both physically and mentally. Myers is strong, brutal and violent. Stopping at nothing to get to his goal… murder. A typical horror villain in many respects, he’s almost invincible and tends to jump out from the shadows.
12: Freddy Krueger. Robert Englund. A nightmare On Elm Street. Forgetting the sequels, Englund excels in the legendary role in the original movie. He’s fun, highly threatening, unnerving and beautifully realised as a villain. Just the concept of the character is enough to make the hardiest movie fan squirm and Englund breaks the mould in several places.
11: The Terminator. Arnold Swarzenegger. The Terminator. On screen for a short while and hardly any dialogue. Yet the character has been remembered clearly for the best part of 30 years. Big, powerful, physically threatening. Arnie’s natural wooden acting is perfect for a killer machine.
10: Lieutenant Hiram Coffey. Michael Biehn. The Abyss. A fantastically played role, simply written and turned into a genuine threat by Biehn’s performance. Starting as a normal, competent soldier, he gets more and more twitchy as the movie progresses, then delves right into the depths of madness. If the movie wasn’t set under the ocean, The Abyss’ title would still stand, solely for Biehn’s portrayal.
9: Norman Bates. Anthony Perkins. Psycho. Wonderfully normal Norman hides a deep seeded childhood instability. His quiet persona is what makes the character so scary, you never know exactly what going on behind those normal eyes. The character has spawned an entire series of movies and even a shot for a shot remake but the late and very great Perkins' original portrayal of the titular Psycho everyone knows and fears, has never been and never will, be bettered.
8: John Doe. Kevin Spacey. Se7en. Cool, calculating and intelligent. A similar villain to Jigsaw but Spacey’s emotionless genius is both a wonder and a terror to behold. How far will he go? Farther than anyone can imagine. Awesome.
7: Norman Stansfield. Gary Oldman. Leon. A drugged up cop with very few personal limitations, hell bent on personal gain and a few loose wires to boot. Oldman is fantastic.
6: The Joker. Jack Nicholson. Batman. Camp, intelligent, twisted, with undertones of Cesar Romero. Nicholson’s naturally over-exaggerated smile is transformed to something more with brilliant make-up. Add to that Nicholson’s natural ability to just simply be sadistic and humorous. The character is a lot of fun.
5: Hannibal Lecter. Anthony Hopkins. The Silence Of The Lambs. Again, forgetting other movies starring Lector, Hopkins portrayal of the cannibalistic serial killer is an exceptional piece of acting. He’s barely on screen throughout the entire movie but the impact of those staring eyes and monotone voice are enough to live with the viewer for a long, long time.
4: Darth Vader. David Prowse, voiced by James Earl Jones. Star Wars 3–6. 6ft 7 (2m), weighing 20 stones (280lb) and voiced by a vocal God, Prowse’s Vader is an absolute gem in the movie villain world. A very realised character, dark, unemotional, cold, cruel and has a futuristic ‘black knight’ class about him. Physically menacing and certainly a fighting force to be reckoned with, Vader will always be in the top 10.
3: Jack Torrance. Jack Nicholson. The Shining. Psychopathic, mentally tortured and extremely unstable. Nicholson excels in his best role outside of Batman. Definitely a guy you wouldn’t want to be snowed in with.
2: The Joker. Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight. Not jumping on any bandwagon here, Ledger’s Joker is uneasy to watch, joyous to behold and fun to take a ride with. By far, the best portrayal of The Joker in Batman’s long history. Ledger makes the movie. Then he breaks the mould beyond repair. An utter masterclass.
1: Davy Jones. Bill Nighy. Pirates Of The Caribbean; Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End. Another masterclass in acting ability, Nighy hits the nail right on the head. The concept of the character is incredibly original and fits the two movies perfectly. Harsh, knowingly evil, intelligent, delightfully camp and brutal with a sword. His murderous rampages and fiery temper are seconded only by his tortured soul that shows magnificently through Nighy’s acting. The special effects used to bring the outer shell of the character to life are absolutely top notch too.
One for the history books and #1 in my list.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Great list, but I would have George Washingston Duke as the best villain from the Rocky series. OTT brilliance, IMO.

Hey, Little Bill Daggett (Gene Hackman) was the hero of Unforgiven!

"I guess you think I'm kicking you, Bob. But it ain't so. What I'm doing is talking, you hear? I'm talking to all those villains down there in Kansas. I'm talking to all those villains in Missouri. And all those villains down there in Cheyenne. And what I'm saying is there ain't no whore's gold. And if there was, how they wouldn't want to come looking for it anyhow."

Great list, Rodent. Most of my favorite baddies are on there, especially Frank Booth, Norman Stansfield, and Anton Chigurh. Frank Booth, especially...man, there was a villain that I really hoped would get offed by movie's end. Mark of a great acting job by Hopper.

Kudos to Mountaineer for mentioning Scorpio, one of my all-time favorite crazy film villains.

I would add Robert Mitchum as Harry Powell in Night of the Hunter.

How about Gordon Gekko?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
How about Mrs. Carmody (Marcia Gay Harden) from "The Mist"?

I wanted to kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillll her she was so evil!

Cool list, btw

Some good questions about some that I haven't put on the list. On another day maybe they'd have made it.

But... it's my list... so