Top 50 Tearjerkers

Tools    

Not the saddest, but when the Dad came back to sign over his son to the orphans home after he promised that he would be back for him if the Angels won the Pennant in Angels In The Outfield is just too sad, Danny Glover adopting the boys at the end always puts a lump in my throat as well!

My Favorite Tear Jerker Movies Are:

(1) If your a Mother or dad but especially a mother who loves her kids with all her heart and soul then #1 tear jerker movie for all times in my book is "Terms of Enderment" I have cried over many of movies but this one is too much to bear I cried so hard and so bad I thought I was gonna die. When Debra Winger has to say bye to her kids while she is in the hospital dying from cancer is just the worst thing anyone or mother would ever have to do. And when Debra Winger's mother in the movie is there in the room when she dies and she tells flap there's nothing in the world harder than this" (losing a kid) AMEN I cannot imagine anything worse.

(2)The Notebook Wow what a movie. I cried the most at the end. How touching I think we would all like to die that way holding hands and dying next to your life long spouse. I cried so much too over the fact that most of us can say we had a love like that at least once in our lives that we will always wonder about that reminds you of the love noah and ali had for one another. I love my husband very much. But I had that kind of love for a man when I was 8 to 16 years old. I wanted to marry him but long distance relationships usually don't work. So We moved on but like the song from little texas goes "What might have been" will always make me wonder. And the movie The Notebook brings it all home for me and is allmost to hard to bare to watch because of that very thing. But it's the best love story ever.

(3) Life As A House Wow another amazing touching tear jerker movie. Very sad movie but yet very touching a Father and Son.

(4) Steel Magnolis was a very sweet movie. Very touching story. I just love all the main leading woman characters. What actresses. Very good performances. It was so sad once again losing a kid. I hope I never have to ever go thru that. Life to me would end as we know it if it ever did.

There are so many more to list but I feel I have said to much for anyone to care to read just in the 4 I allready listed so I'll stop at that ty for reading.

Best sad movies i ever watched id have to say would be #1 all time would be charlie st cloud when his little brother dies the tears came n i dont cry at anything n #2 a walk to remember the end

Hachiko is the ultimate winner for me.Cried from the beginning till the very end.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I've watched The Patriot quite a few times, and the scene where Mel Gibson's character is about to leave for battle, and his daughter, who had refused to speak to him, runs after him, yelling "Don't go! I'll say whatever you want! Just don't go!" affects me every time. It is sentimentality, but I cry like a baby every time.

In Cast Away, where Wilson leaves, I feel tears running down my cheek.

Philadelphia. Mainly the parts when Tom Hanks becomes increasingly ill and says goodbye from his hospital bed. Then the real tear jerker is the scene after his funeral when they play home movies of him as a child while playing very moving music.

Charly(1968, Cliff Robertson). Charly is a mentally retarded man who undergoes experimental surgery to increase his intelligence. It is successful and he develops superior IQ. But the results are only temporary and he loses all the benefits of a charmed life including new found love, and reverts back into a developmentally challenged man.

Best Years of Our Lives (1946). Mainly referring to the plight of the Homer character, an amputee WWII veteran trying to adjust to civilian life. Especially the scene when he becomes emotional after learning that his girlfriend still loves him.

I've only seen 2 films that made me cry, 2009 Brothers and the pianist. Schindlers list and elephant man came very close

The final moments of the movie when Rudy finally gets put into the game gets me EVERY time. It's such a great film. The casting and writing were phenomenal.

is the only film that makes me cry rivers.
It didn't make me cry as much as The Orphanage did, but that is an incredibly sad film too, brilliant film.

Hachiko is not only a proper good film, but left me in tears near the end.

My list of tearjerkers varies slightly:

1. My Girl: When Vada talks to Thomas J's dead body in the coffin tears me up everytime. I cry pretty much from when he dies til the end of the film.

2. RENT: I cant help but cry when Angel dies then Roger leaves and then when Mimi almost dies. Its pretty intense for a musical.

3. P.S I Love you: The whole movie is a cause for tears. Her husband leaves her notes and tapes to help her cope after he dies from a terminal illness.

4. Just Like Heaven: When she wakes up from her coma and doesnt remember who he is.

5. Moulin Rouge: The whole last seen from when Christian throws money at Satine up until she dies and tells him to tell their story.

6. Titanic: Such a beautiful love story with a tragic ending that makes me reach for the tissues everytime.

7. Little Women: there are sad bits throughout but Beth dying makes me lose it completely.

And alot of Disney movies made me cry as a child and still do

Here are some of mine, mea culpa if I repeat titles already listed (dang memory)
1. Elephant Man (duh)
2. Schindler's List
3. The Color Purple
4. Out of Africa
5. The Green Mile
6. Philadelphia
7. Sophie's Choice
8. Bridges of Madison County
9. Boys Don't Cry
10. Brokeback Mountain
11. Lilies of the Field
12. To Sir With Love
13. Forrest Gump
14. Pay It Forward
15. Nights in Rodanthe

Hate to admit it,and you'll probably laugh,but I lost it on The Dead Poets Society. Ugh,its gets me every time.

have read the posts since 2004 (all of them and am going to busy in the school holidays) must admit have watched half of them already and agree 100% but a really good rear jerker is After the Promise with a very young Mark Harmon loved it mind u I do cry watching cartoons but don't hold that against me and another movie that I did cry alot which I watched many years ago was Untamed heart OMG oopsy another good one is Hatchi with Richard Gere I know this is Movie Forums but I can't forget to mention the very last episode of Friends took me 2 dasy to get over it hope everyone enjoys the read stay safe everyone

In Cast Away, where Wilson leaves, I feel tears running down my cheek.
An Aussie only would say that..lol!