Dragon Ball Movie - 2008

Tools    

The comic book series is awesome. A movie would be good...

The comic book series is awesome. A movie would be good...
In the comics and cartoons, the characters were not just badly beaten but often tortured and sometimes even beaten to death (before being resurrected). The stories were sometimes sexist and even a bit pervy. But I'd love to see a good movie with lots of CGI.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im not really a fan, not that I dont like the series but that I havent seen anything really about it. My mate loves the series and loves the games, but I havent got around to seeing anything about it at all. Which is a shame as the film is looking to be great! I shall have to look more in to the franchise and borrow a few games of my mate lol

Might has well post this here....

Here are some key points as to why me, and the majority of DB fans think this movie will blow:

- Chatwin is a horrible choice for Goku.... He looks like a meterosexual for christ sakes.... And never seems happy and carefree like Goku usually looks... He seems to be carrying some emo teen angst in his portrayal...

- No Krillin = auto fail.... Instead we have a half assed Yamcha, whom is less important than Krillin

- Piccolo isn't even green, and he does not have his antannae, or trademark clothing

- Bulma rarely fought in DB, and only used a gun, what, once? maybe twice in the entire manga. She was never a serious addition to the "fighters roster" and when she did "fight" she was FAR from serious as far as being effective went... Why they made her look Laura Croft-ish from Tomb Raider is beyond me...

- We have Mai but no Shu or Pilaf

- Goku is in friggin HIGH SCHOOL! Goku doesn't even know what school is in DB

- Roshi is not bald, nor does he have a white beard, and he doesnt have his sunglasses, nor does he seem to have the perv attitude.... Chow Yun Fat, as good as an actor as he is... Just no..... Films like Kill Bill can have an old man like Pie Mei (Gordon Lui), but DB cant have a more authentic looking Roshi.... I mean damn... I dont expect Goku and the others to have the crazy *** anime style hair, but they could have atleast made Fat look more like Roshi... This part just SCREAMS Patt Moritta....

- In the leaked trailer Chatwins Goku states "I don't think I can do this!" Which is totally not Gokus character at all, not in DB anyway, and RARELY in DBZ....

- No Sci-Fi elements such as the hover cars, or dragonball radar.... We dont NEED dinosaurs or furries running around, but we could have used the sci-fi elements of DB....

- Flying Nimbus is replaced with a yellow sports car? WTF???

- The fighting looks crappy and non DB style the same way the Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat live action movies fighting was.

There will always be people who get on to us for judging it before it even comes out..... I am like that to actually...... I recently got into an argument with a guy on a movie forum who said Eagle Eye sucks, and he hadnt even seen it, and basically let reviews from RottenTomatoes.com compose his own opinion...... I hate that crap.....

BUT, you see, the difference here, is that I am already a hardcore fan of the original manga.... I have knowledge of the original source material.... Therefore everything I have read/heard/seen since production of this film started tells me this movie will blow, and I dont need to actually see the entire film to see that much....

That guy who bashed Eagle Eye had no prior experience with an "Eagle Eye" series or original source material, because there is no such thing.... Eagle Eye is a stand alone movie idea, not a movie taken from an already existing series, so the guy had nothing to base it on.... I however, do when it comes to this DB movie....

The fact that the MAJORITY of fans think this movie will suck raises a red flag as it is.... If MOST hardcore DB fans already dislike it, then it will be doomed to fail...... Well, maybe not profit wise....

I am sure it will get huge box office numbers, which is all FOX cares about, and they probably will make sequels, but that doesnt make it good of course.... All that means is gullable people wasted a lot of money on a pile of crap with DB's name attached to it....

And yes, Samuel L. Jackson should play Vegeta.

ughhhhh no! Samuel L Fagson is so wak! only one good movie with him- Pulp Fiction

surge i so ****in agree with u! 100%...this movie will- fail.

I used to love the show. I guess I still do in a way, but I haven't watched it in a while. I don't think it will be a "visual epic" like 300, and I didn't like 300 anyways.

I can't wait for this movie to come out! I remember going to Japan/China town with my parents and begging them to buy me their action figures. I had a ton of their posters in my room. Goku

Where is the originality? I don't want to see any more movies based on cartoons, TV shows, video games, or previous movies.

This Dragonball Z thing is now called Dragonball: Evolution and looks corny as crap......

&

Yeah, very very bad.

And they're covering the original Dragonball, not Z... so no Super Saiyan or any of the cooler moves.

-Hattori Hanzo

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks like Dragon Wars to me.

And I use to watch the anime on television when I was younger. This film will blow.

Suspect's Reviews

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

I'm going to see it for a laugh.
No offense and I have no intentions of flaming you, but my only question to you is: Why waste the money on this? It is obvious that this movie will be terrible so if I were to see this movie, I personally would not want to put any money towards it to view it.

Besides, if for some reason this movie does well because of so many supporting it, it will only encourage Hollywood to venture down the path of making more live-action films based off anime.

Naruto, One Piece, Gundam, the list can go on which I fear to see continue.