Made for TV Movies

Tools    

What is your all time favorite Made for TV Movie? Anyone here a MFTV Movie junkie? because I know I am, the Hallmark Channel used to be my savior, but I feel like they are losing their touch and am trying to branch out. Any ideas?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

See the existing thread on this subject HERE.

But the correct answer is obviously "Lonesome Dove" (1989).

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I only liked the incdabile hulk tv show with billy bixixy. its tv movei their return of the incdabile hulk, the trail of the incdabiel hulk and death of the incdabile hulk.

Sybil, Bill, The Day After and God Bless the child were all pretty damn good too.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The earliest ones (all from the 1970s) I liked were the mystery "Banyon", with Robert Forster and Darren McGavin as perfect foils; the highly-intriguing religious allegory "Catholics" with Martin Sheen, Trevor Howard and Raf Vallone; "The Execution of Private Slovik" with Martin Sheen (again) as the only U.S. soldier executed for desertion since the Civil War; "QB VII", a terrific courtroom drama pitting Ben Gazzara against Anthony Hopkins in a trial about Nazi war criimes; the hilarious, British "The Naked Civil Servant" with an awesome John Hurt performance as Quentin Crisp; "Tail Gunner Joe" with a bravura Peter Boyle as Joseph McCarthy; and there are many others, but I'll add some more later on.

P.S. One of the most entertaining mini-series I've ever watched on TV was "Captains and the Kings" where Richard Jordan turned in a mind-bogglingly intense performance.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
OK, I remembered three more. "Pueblo" was an awesome film; "The Missiles of October" probably contains William Devane's best performance plus it has Marty Sheen again, and then, moving on up to the 1980s, "Special Bulletin" is like the second coming of Orson Welles' "The War of the Worlds".

I enjoyed "The Temptations"...i would say im a fan.

Certifiably troglodytic.

The Day After skeert the dawg out of me when it came on in 1983. I had already read this book thoroughly after I had found it in our library at home.

I began stockpiling crap at age 10 or 11 on my own, certain there was going to be a nuclear war. I couldn't sleep for nights after watching the Day After.

high school musical 3

no one has mentioned Roots yet?

My name is Kunte Kinte!

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
Iron Jawed Angels
Lonesome Dove
Roots
Door To Door
Helter Skelter
Geronimo

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I enjoyed Abominable more than most theatrical releases yet alone tv movies. It felt like the return of the classic creature feature. It was like Rear Window with Sasquatch which sounds like a laughable idea, but I had a great time watching it.

My life isn't written very well.
IT

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Bablegacon you need to also post the names of the movies you're posting pictures of... if the sites you're "borrowing" them from decides to replace the pictures with one of those little "bandwidth thief" notices, no one will have a clue what your choices even were...