Bablegacon's Babbling Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Page One
Quarantine -

Burn After Reading -

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Hancock -

The shaky camera (hand-held technique) rises once more after beating off Cloverfield and The Blair Witch Project. The movie opens up kind of childish. What at first seems to be a pleasing movie, the "bang" scene in the beginning just for some reason, made me think - They don't really have to waste time like this. The movie had its moments, but it wasn't anything special. Might I also add, even thought the film's thrills and chills didn't scare me, they were extremely intersting. Maybe not the best horror flick recently, but I have to say, it beats most of the modern day horror movies.

Joel and Ethan Coen usually make a somewhat "perfect" film every time, but not quite this time. The film has a very interesting plot, an all-star cast, and most of all - Two enjoyable directors. But, the movie doesn't follow in the steps of No Country for Old Men. It's a fashioned-up film, but it's not Oscar-worthy like their last entry. And mostly, the movie's tone shows what happens when action, drama, thriller, comedy, suspense, and romance is put together. So, I have to admit. Not the best Coen film, but it does get your "thriller-comedy" tone in the mood.

I am a huge fan of the first film. But fan or no fan, movie-goers will adore this sequel to the first-class sci-fi action flick Hellboy. Before jumping into a total atmosphere of majority, the film gives itself a highly anticipated mode/tone. After completing a round of go-go hero, the film gets into a romantic type situation, along with a classy ending that even makes Superman look stupid. So, if you want to see a sequel that's far more better than most sequels out there today, and you loved the first one, then this is the perfect choice for move night.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

The shaky camera (hand-held technique) rises once more after beating off Cloverfield and The Blair Witch Project. The movie opens up kind of childish. What at first seems to be a pleasing movie, the "bang" scene in the beginning just for some reason, made me think - They don't really have to waste time like this. The movie had its moments, but it wasn't anything special. Might I also add, even thought the film's thrills and chills didn't scare me, they were extremely intersting. Maybe not the best horror flick recently, but I have to say, it beats most of the modern day horror movies.

REC, the original, is much better then this.

(Even though it plays out almost exactly the same, what does that say about Hollywood eh?)

Suspect's Reviews

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
But aren't you Bablegacon? Why post your rating again?