The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
The Elephant Man (1980)
To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
Amélie (2001)
whoa!!! I have only seen like 4 of these though the 4 I understand!!! nice

Oh, uh.

I admit i have read only the title

So, i reccomend..
.. well, you should see "Three Colors: Red", exactly what i call a 'film': art, messages 'n' good acting.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
If you think I, Robot is good cinema then you need a healthy dosage of Metropolis.
If you think I, Robot is good cinema and are over the age of thirteen you need to be shot in the head...

Taxi Driver
Godfather
Raging Bull
Seven Samurai

District B13
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
If you think I, Robot is good cinema and are over the age of thirteen you need to be shot in the head...
I wholeheartedly agree.

A system of cells interlinked
Neither do I. It wasn't great, that's for sure, but for a big dumb blockbuster, it was pretty fun. Certainly not must see material, that's for sure.

Must See:

Mulholland Drive
Taxi Driver
After Hours

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Sedai
Certainly not must see material, that's for sure.
Right, but I'm no Nazi: I'd never insist that anyone get shot in the head on subjective terms. I know he was being facetious, and didn't really mean it, but come on...

...show a little class.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Thursday Next.
This is why I love the internet.... I was certain Thursday was a chick... ahhh!!! NOWWWW I understand her top 100 DOH' I mean HIS... Now I like his list more!!!! sweet...

HI THURSDAY~~~ AW and BTW that was mean to say I like cartoons and am over the age of 13 meh!! sheesh!!!

Xney on all of that thursdays a chick duh!!!

Originally Posted by Xui Wan
This is why I love the internet.... I was certain Thursday was a chick... ahhh!!! NOWWWW I understand her top 100 DOH' I mean HIS... Now I like his list more!!!! sweet...

HI THURSDAY~~~ AW and BTW that was mean to say I like cartoons and am over the age of 13 meh!! sheesh!!!

Xney on all of that thursdays a chick duh!!!
I don't understand half of that post, Xui Wan!

To clarify, I am not a man! And why would my top 100 make more sense if I was?

Re: saying people who think I Robot is a must see movie should be shot in the head. I was taking the p*ss. Don't take it so seriously. I thought it was funny at the time but now I look like a nazi idiot, and, apparently, a man...

In the Beginning...
Re: saying people who think I Robot is a must see movie should be shot in the head. I was taking the p*ss. Don't take it so seriously. I thought it was funny at the time but now I look like a nazi idiot, and, apparently, a man...
I know you were just joshing, but I found the joke a little extreme. I've got a friend who speaks this way sometimes, and the more he uses that kind of language, the less a joke it becomes, I think.

No worries. (Oh, and sorry for calling you a dude - it's so hard to get genders right when we're all just a pile of words.)

I don't understand half of that post, Xui Wan!

To clarify, I am not a man! And why would my top 100 make more sense if I was?

LOL yes I xneyd the whole thing but I figured I had already put it out there, so I finished a thought... the whole time I was certain you were a female. Then someone had said His, so I just assumed because I am new, I was wrong in my assumption.
Now if your list was that of a mans, I thought it was more sensitive though not as romantic as a chick like myself... thus liking it more cause it was that of a mans... so I guess what I was saying was if you were a guy I think I would be facinated by you... LoL!! anyways... nazi na sarcasm and joking is so hard to put in writing!!! lol
Plus I had seen previous posts between ObiWan and yourself so I sorta thought it to be joking between the two of you!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I have a list started for this thread, but there's one I'd place in front of the others for must-see status:
jeanna
. Made in 1929 and immediately banned, this film is brilliant. It's a silent with story cards. It stars Marie Falconetti (a famous theatrical commedianne at the time), in a performance that is pure, grounded, heartfelt and moving. The film was thought lost for decades, until a copy was found in the closet of an insane asylum. It starts with a dolly shot that would make Kurosawa smile and displays a quality WAY ahead of it's contemporary american cousins. The Criterion edition features an awesome orchestral soundtrack that underscores without ever overriding the film, and has been lovingly restored to give you the best possible picture. If you never take my word on another film, see this one.

I really want to see this film. I have it reserved, but it isn't actually available to rent at screenselect at the mo. I'd be interested to see your other picks...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Must See Films:
1. Le Passion de Jeanne d’Arc – as above.
2. Un Chien Andalou – a collaboration with Dali, surrealism on film. Do NOT attempt to snack while watching.
3. Citizen Kane – gives me a damn headache, but the cinematography was groundbreaking at the time.
4. High Noon – compelling, classic storytelling
5. On the Waterfront – American propagandist filmmaking at it’s finest.
6. Rashoman – fine art filmmaking that conveys an abstract concept with simple clarity.
7. Bottle Rocket – the beginning of the Wilsons’ career, and the predecessor of some great films. If possible, catch the 13 min short and the feature.
8. Mulholland Drive – the answer to the question “How entertaining can a film be if you’re never sure wtf is going on?”
9. Capturing the Friedmans – pure documentary
10. A Clockwork Orange – to see what makes Kubrick the name that he is.
11. Aguirre, the Wrath of God – for exposure to Kinski, and to Herzog’s storytelling
12. Nashville – to see how Altman handles dialogue and improvised scenes
13. Amores Perros – to see Gael Garcia Bernal, who is a huge and prolific star in S. America, and to see the predecessor of Crash and a few other films made since 2000.
14. L’ Avventura – French new wave. Hated it a bit, but it’s a good example of French films in the 60’s.
15. Strange Days – cyberpunk! Yay!!