Coronavirus

Tools    

Looked at a site yesterday on Covid facts vs. myth.

Most were common knowledge at this point...

On heat killing Covid the answer was "Unknown."
While most other corona virus cases lessen in hot weather, how Covid19 reacts is unknown. Viruses tend to spread more in cold weather months - most likely from people being indoors with others more often.
(Personally, I reckon Covid19 likes 98.6 F. And apparently remains active in temps up to 107 F - a maximum fever. So perhaps only temps higher than that will kill it? Not too many places in the U.S. get over 107 on a regular basis.)

On if you can get it from your pets the answer was "Probably False" - as no known cases of the virus making animals ill have been recorded and no cases in humans have been traced to pets (however, tracing is not an exact science). Guidelines say treat touching animals the same as touching humans - wash hands before and after.

Movie Forums: There's Just No Accounting For Taste
Eh. Reality is complicated. He was very foolish (he was 74, so he was at very high risk) and died as a result, and I think we can note that without being glad he's dead, and thus retain a clear conscience.
Wow Yoda! Did you almost yield to the dark side?

So was just about to have one relative come and stay with me after not seeing them since January and the government announced a few hours ago that some areas in the North West of England will be not be allowed to have family or friends from a different household inside your house once again... And I live in one of those areas.

Yet people can still meet to go to the pub without wearing masks in these same areas...

... no known cases of the virus making animals ill have been recorded ....
Wasnít there a cat with symptoms, but who recovered? Too many stories abound so I may be confused.

So was just about to have one relative come and stay with me after not seeing them since January and the government announced a few hours ago that some areas in the North West of England will be not be allowed to have family or friends from a different household inside your house once again... And I live in one of those areas.
You were brave to even consider it. Personally wouldnít let anyone stay overnight in our house until this thing is over.

Wasnít there a cat with symptoms, but who recovered? Too many stories abound so I may be confused.
I heard that too and also an animal (lion/tiger?) in the zoo caught it, presumably from a human.

You were brave to even consider it. Personally wouldnít let anyone stay overnight in our house until this thing is over.
I won't let anyone into the house, period.

There was a story a couple months back about two tigers that caught it - at the Bronx Zoo I believe (but am not sure). It was surmised they caught it from their human handlers.

But as far as I know they only tested positive for it - I never heard they were sick from it. (But then, why would the zoo be testing tigers for Covid? Unless the handlers reported they contracted it first? Too many questions.)

The short blurb I read about animals (pets specifically) said that: too date, none have gotten sick from the virus (but it didn't elaborate as to if any were known to contract or carry it). It did say there has been no recorded spread from animal to human and that spread via pets is highly unlikely.

I'm not sure of the spread part, but I know animals have contracted it. There was a news story just the other day about how the first dog with a confirmed case had died.

Very happy to see Mauritius rejoin the grey list today

Green list:
French Polynesia - 62 cases, all recovered
Macao - 46 cases, all recovered
Timor-Leste - 24 cases, all recovered
New Caledonia - 22 cases, all recovered
Dominica - 18 cases, all recovered
Falkland Islands - 13 cases, all recovered
Vatican City - 12 cases, all recovered
Anguilla - 3 cases, all recovered

Grey list:
San Marino (699 cases, 42 deaths)
Mauritius (344 cases, 10 deaths)
Isle Of Man (336 cases, 24 deaths)
Cayman Islands (203 cases, 1 death)
Brunei (141 cases, 3 deaths)
British Virgin Islands (8 cases, 1 death)

Almost famous for having nailed Madonna once

You were brave to even consider it. Personally wouldn’t let anyone stay overnight in our house until this thing is over.
They are part of my social bubble and found out that apparently people in your social bubble here in the UK are still allowed to visit your house even with the 'ban' on.

Saying that we have decided to wait a few weeks to see how long the ban in my area is going to last then will look into them visiting again.

A lot of people on my street are not following the ban where it's obvious they are not social bubbles. One neighbour turned up to his house yesterday with three friends in his car and they went in to the house.

Very sad to lose both French Polynesia and Timor-Leste from the green list with 2 and 1 new cases respectively whilst the British Virgin Islands increase the sadness by also going missing from the grey list with 1 new case

Green list:

Grey list:

I agree with you Guap. It's not the flu, it's much more serious.
On average it is estimated to be about 6-7 times more mortal than the flu. But it depends a lot on the age and underlying health of the person who gets it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus..._age_group_as/

I tested positive for Covid about 45 days ago and I only remember having a weird cold in late April. Its symptoms were weird, I had a fever for 3 days and I also lost a part of my sense of smell. But I am 31 and in almost perfect health (except I have myopia ). I am just contributing to herd immunity.

Yay, Greenland are back in the green list (where else would they belong eh)

Green list:
Greenland - 14 cases, all recovered

Grey list:

Regarding animals and Corona, in Spain close to 100,000 Minks were culled because several amongst them were found to be Corona Positive.

As we cross 2 million cases here in India (the key bit is that 67% of those have already been cured), most seem to have stopped caring about the disease and are roaming around freely.

Brunei sadly have a new case and depart the grey list but their place is taken by CuraÁao who are now reportedly back to zero active cases

Green list:
Greenland - 14 cases, all recovered

Grey list: